PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Update - Week 10

Quaoarsking
11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Not a lot of movement this week:

Dak Prescott:

Dak remains at 7th in the career passing yards list, improving to 4,159. For him to pass Madkin this year, he'll need 311 yards per game and seven more games. Not impossible, but he'll probably be 2nd at the end of the year -- just 245 YPG in 6 games would pass Fant.
Dak broke into the single-season passing leaderboard with 2,025 on the year. He's 872 behind Russell's record, so he should shatter that one.
His 331 yards yesterday just barely missed the top 10 single-season ever.
He now has 30 career touchdown passes, leaving him 12 away from Russell's record of 42. That's within reach this year.
He's now tied for 2nd with Derrick Taite with 16 touchdown passes this year. Russell's record of 24 is also in reach.
He didn't have a rushing TD yesterday, so his totals remain 27 career and 10 on the season.

Josh Robinson

Robinson now has 951 rushing yards this season, so he's on pace to comfortably break Dixon's single-season record of 1,391, even if we only play 13 games.
He now has 1,745 career rushing yards, so he should easily break into the career top 10. If he keeps this pace up and we play 7 more games, he'll end up 5th on the all-time list.
With 11 rushing touchdowns on the year, he's entered the single-season top 10. He has a decent chance to break Ballard's record of 19.

Receivers

Jameon Lewis added 1 reception to improve on his 10th place mark, now with 97 career receptions.
We still have De'Runnya Wilson and Malcolm Johnson knocking on the door of the top 10 -- both have 9 career touchdown receptions. Lewis has 7 touchdowns, so if he ever recovers he could get there too.

Defense -- no changes.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Just for an update, I've added Total Offense (passing + rushing) to the Wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders#Total_offense

Dak is already dominating these leaderboards and will continue to.

Todd4State
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd like to see Dak throw 5 TD passes against UT-Martin.

I highly suspect that we will see him working on his pocket passing this week. I also suspect we will see the same rotation of players that we saw against UAB.

dawgs
11-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see Dak throw 5 TD passes against UT-Martin.

I highly suspect that we will see him working on his pocket passing this week. I also suspect we will see the same rotation of players that we saw against UAB.

If like to see dak not run the ball a single time, get a big 1st half lead, then wear a headset in the 2nd half.