PDA

View Full Version : Listening to ESPN radio this morning

Msujd164
11-02-2014, 10:32 AM
And Lupica has has several guests, NONE that believe we are the best team in country. Without even mentioning us, Lupica says National Champ will come out of Iron bowl and this years iron bowl is bigger than last.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2014, 10:35 AM
And Lupica has has several guests, NONE that believe we are the best team in country. Without even mentioning us, Lupica says National Champ will come out of Iron bowl and this years iron bowl is bigger than last.

Doesn't matter

cheewgumm
11-02-2014, 10:36 AM
In 2 weeks we can prove them right or wrong.

SDDawg
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Did they trash Notre Dame for giving up 40 points to Navy????

Mike Lupica is yearning for the days of Boston College being relevant. Wouldn't pay any attention to it at all and in fact I'd prefer it, we could use the bulletin board material. We suck, but we're 8-0 and about to be 9-0. Hate us some more big sports media, please.

Dawgface
11-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Not surprising. But we have an opportunity to take it all. That's all we can ask for at this point.

GreenheadDawg
11-02-2014, 10:41 AM
In their defense, if Oregon or FSU were playing as bad as we have the past 2 weeks we would be saying the same thing. I can't argue with people who say we don't look like the #1 team. We have looked pedestrian against UK and Arkansas but as long as we win it doesn't matter what people say

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2014, 10:45 AM
In their defense, if Oregon or FSU were playing as bad as we have the past 2 weeks we would be saying the same thing. I can't argue with people who say we don't look like the #1 team. We have looked pedestrian against UK and Arkansas but as long as we win it doesn't matter what people say

WOW man, FSU should have lost to Louisville the other night if it weren't for a few lucky fumble recoveries. Have you been watching FSU play?

TrapGame
11-02-2014, 10:56 AM
WOW man, FSU should have lost to Louisville the other night if it weren't for a few lucky fumble recoveries. Have you been watching FSU play?

And Oregon plays teams with little to no defense.

MarketingBully01
11-02-2014, 10:57 AM

That same Arkansas team that lost to Alabama 14-13....right.....

SDDawg
11-02-2014, 10:57 AM
FSU looked awful and they've looked that way in 2 games this year. Last night was the worst we've looked all year and had we not had a freshman fumble a punt I think we beat Arkansas by 3 TDs. But hey, tomahawk chop and all of that bullshit... :)

Smitty
11-02-2014, 11:23 AM
EVERY team has shown flaws this year. Nobody has been as consistent or dominant as the Mississippi State Bulldogs this season though, and that's a fact.

IMissJack
11-02-2014, 12:13 PM
The last 2 weeks, we have not looked sharp, but I can't say FSU looked too sharp against Louisville for 3.5 quarters.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2014, 12:15 PM
I think it's funny that fans all think MSU, FSU, TCU, Oregon, Bama, and Auburn are all overrated this year. I guess we can't have an AP Poll or playoffs this year because no teams are good enough to make it.

missouridawg
11-02-2014, 12:16 PM

No one else controls their destiny more than us. If we go to Bama and lose, he's exactly right. Beat Bama in two weeks and you can book your flights/hotels for the SECCG.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
The difference between the Top 10 teams in the country is razor thin. We have a very good football team. But I have no problem with people who think FSU and Bama are better than us.

I think Bama has the most talent top to bottom in the country. And Winston at FSU has never lost a game at QB. I'm also a big recruiting guy. Yes, I believe in the stars. And no one has recruited better than those 2 schools the past 4 years.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Just win. If you do that that stuff takes care of itself.

Churchill
11-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Bama will be lucky to get out of Baton Rouge alive

Bully Dee Williams
11-02-2014, 12:32 PM
It's funny how we keep saying that we played so terribly last night. The game was not aesthetically pleasing to look at and we made some bad turnovers, but the numbers say we played a pretty darn good game. Dak, playing on one leg still put up nearly 400 yards of offense by himself. He also had a career night in passing yards (331), which was our first player with a 300+ yard game in nearly a decade. Plus, the man had 60 yards rushing on one leg. JRob had nearly 180 yards total offense with a career receiving night. Fred Ross had a 100+ yard night. Our offense scored 17 straight unanswered points to win the game.

On defense, we held the 2 Arky Rbs under 100 yards a piece. I think they ended up with about 130 combined. We forced them to pass over 40 times. Let that number sink in a bit. We have crucial stops on the goal line and in clutch moments. We also held them scoreless for the entire 2nd half. We are a muffed punt away from holding them to 3 points for the game.

We have to clean up some things, but I am not down at all about that game. We did what we were supposed to do.

Dawgowar
11-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Lupica - Lupica is the picture used for the term "Arrogant East Coast Journalist" . He moved on to writing news columns years ago but keeps the ESPN gig. He is not significant. Just another creature of the dying big newspaper industry.

M.Fillmore
11-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I think it's funny that fans all think MSU, FSU, TCU, Oregon, Bama, and Auburn are all overrated this year. I guess we can't have an AP Poll or playoffs this year because no teams are good enough to make it.

Hammer meet nail.

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:11 PM
The difference between the Top 10 teams in the country is razor thin. We have a very good football team. But I have no problem with people who think FSU and Bama are better than us.

I think Bama has the most talent top to bottom in the country. And Winston at FSU has never lost a game at QB. I'm also a big recruiting guy. Yes, I believe in the stars. And no one has recruited better than those 2 schools the past 4 years.

I do have a problem with people believing Bama is the best team in the country simply because they haven't done anything to show that they are.

They lost to Ole Miss, should have gone to OT vs. Arkansas, struggled against Tennessee for much of that game, and beat a West Virginia team that now won't even be ranked. They haven't beaten anybody.

We struggled at times against Kentucky, which would be fairly comparable to their UT game. We also similarly struggled against Arkansas but won more easily than they did, though at home. But we haven't lost to anybody, beat LSU on the road at night, and pretty easily took care of the #3 team in the country.

We have done far more than they have. I will laugh for days when everyone picks Bama to beat us and we go in there and take everything from them.

dawgs
11-02-2014, 01:44 PM
And Oregon plays teams with little to no defense.

stanford had arguably the best D in the country and oregon hung 45 on them. oregon's OL is healthy and they are humming along pretty good now.

smootness
11-02-2014, 01:52 PM
stanford had arguably the best D in the country and oregon hung 45 on them. oregon's OL is healthy and they are humming along pretty good now.

I think they'll lose either to Utah or in the Pac-12 championship game. They're the kind of team that will look amazing one week, then will get outplayed and physically beaten the next. They really struggle on the road...gave up 30 to UCLA, even though that was a pretty good win...gave up 31 to WSU and won by 7...then gave up 41 to Cal. Utah will be a big test for them.

They're the kind of team I would like to see in the playoff, though; either them or FSU.

dawgs
11-02-2014, 02:44 PM
I think they'll lose either to Utah or in the Pac-12 championship game. They're the kind of team that will look amazing one week, then will get outplayed and physically beaten the next. They really struggle on the road...gave up 30 to UCLA, even though that was a pretty good win...gave up 31 to WSU and won by 7...then gave up 41 to Cal. Utah will be a big test for them.

They're the kind of team I would like to see in the playoff, though; either them or FSU.

the ucla points were very similar to people pointing out the points we gave up to uab, a&m, and lsu. oregon was up like 42-10 early in the 4th then gave up garbage scores. cal has one of the best offenses in CFB, it's their D that still needs improvement. same story with wazzou (not to mention they had a ton of injuries in the wazzou game as well as the arizona loss).

if we are going to get pissed about people writing off our D due to garbage time or against good offenses, let's at least be savvy enough to not use that very same argument against other teams.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2014, 02:46 PM
If Alabama had played our schedule and won by the same margins..... Could you imagine? These national writers would have them winning the Super Bowl.

Alabama may be all this and that...again. But that OM loss is looking worse each week.

TUSK
11-02-2014, 03:08 PM
I do have a problem with people believing Bama is the best team in the country simply because they haven't done anything to show that they are.

They lost to Ole Miss, should have gone to OT vs. Arkansas, struggled against Tennessee for much of that game, and beat a West Virginia team that now won't even be ranked. They haven't beaten anybody.

We struggled at times against Kentucky, which would be fairly comparable to their UT game. We also similarly struggled against Arkansas but won more easily than they did, though at home. But we haven't lost to anybody, beat LSU on the road at night, and pretty easily took care of the #3 team in the country.

We have done far more than they have. I will laugh for days when everyone picks Bama to beat us and we go in there and take everything from them.

I agree that Bama doesn't have any "great" wins...and that MSU's resume is much better.

but the TSIO was over with 3 minutes remaining in the 1st.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Bama will be lucky and get out of Baton Rouge alive

"Luck" is their middle name.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Do I really need to explain why Florida State/Alabama/Oregon/etc. get the benefit of the doubt and MSU doesn't?

Like it or not, some things are just true. They are the better historical programs, and have been there before. People trust those teams. They don't trust MSU. Yet.

And another reason......right now, it seems that we MIGHT we a one man show, ON THE ELITE LEVEL. Prescott being hurt has considerably slowed us down. Yes, all good teams have QBs and they all MAY get hurt, but Prescott has shown the tendency 2 years in a row. We're still a good team and can beat most teams out there anyway, but to be #1 Prescott has got to be healthy.