PDA

View Full Version : SEC East Scenarios

Quaoarsking
11-02-2014, 09:56 AM
To win the division:
Missouri (4-1) - Just win out over @Texas A&M, @Tennessee, and Arkansas. Or lose 1 and have Georgia lose one too.
Georgia (4-2) - Beat @Kentucky and Auburn and have Missouri lose one.
Florida (3-3) - Beat @Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Have Georgia lose at least once and Missouri lose at least twice. A 2-way 5-3 tie with Missouri won't do, but the Gators do win the 2-way tie with Georgia and the 3-way tie.

I think Missouri probably does it, and that's great for us, since I think they're the weakest of the three.

Even if we don't play in Atlanta, we need the West team to win and not introduce a wildcard. Not that I think the Committee would seriously consider an 11-2 Missouri or Georgia for the playoff, you never know.

Dawgface
11-02-2014, 10:03 AM
I was really surprised with Georgia's loss. Missouri doesn't look like a div champ, but it could certainly happen.

gravedigger
11-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I believe mizzou loses out. Georgia wins one and loses one

Fla wins both. Fla goes.

Johnson85
11-02-2014, 10:55 AM
To win the division:
Missouri (4-1) - Just win out over @Texas A&M, @Tennessee, and Arkansas. Or lose 1 and have Georgia lose one too.
Georgia (4-2) - Beat @Kentucky and Auburn and have Missouri lose one.
Florida (3-3) - Beat @Vanderbilt and South Carolina. Have Georgia lose at least once and Missouri lose at least twice. A 2-way 5-3 tie with Missouri won't do, but the Gators do win the 2-way tie with Georgia and the 3-way tie.

I think Missouri probably does it, and that's great for us, since I think they're the weakest of the three.

Even if we don't play in Atlanta, we need the West team to win and not introduce a wildcard. Not that I think the Committee would seriously consider an 11-2 Missouri or Georgia for the playoff, you never know.

For Florida to go, I think mizzou has to lose to Tennessee. Otherwise they will win the tiebreaker based on a better intra division record.

MarketingBully01
11-02-2014, 11:04 AM
With Josh Dobbs, Tennessee could be a tough out the rest of the way....oh the possibilities if the Drill Sergeant would have started with Dobbs instead of going with worthless Worley this season. They would have at least two more wins (Georgia and Florida).

thf24
11-02-2014, 11:07 AM
I believe mizzou loses out. Georgia wins one and loses one

Fla wins both. Fla goes.

Very possible in my opinion. Florida seems to have discovered an identity yesterday that they could win their next three with.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2014, 11:10 AM
For Florida to go, I think mizzou has to lose to Tennessee. Otherwise they will win the tiebreaker based on a better intra division record.

I think you're right. Missouri would win a 3-way 5-3 tie if they and Florida are both 5-1 in the division and Georgia is 4-2. Good catch.