View Full Version : Malaise is how I'd describe our play the

cheewgumm
11-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Last 2 games.

What is the cause?
1) Injury?
2) #1 ranking, playing tight
3) Overlooking opponents?

I think it is a little of all. We could definitely use Jameon to inject a little more explosiveness into our offense. That is what I hope for more than anything over the next couple of weeks - rest and recovery.

I want to stay #1, but more importantly want to be #1 at the end. To that end is it better if FSU takes back the #1 spot? I'm starting to think we may be better off slipping to 2 to get a little fire in our belly going.

VandelayIndustries
11-02-2014, 09:46 AM
I'll go with the second option, I think we are feeling the #1 ranking.

Dawgface
11-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Yeah, it won't hurt my feelings if we drop to #2 this week. Winning is all that matters.

RC3
11-02-2014, 09:55 AM
We are getting some good shots from opponents. Every team is bringing a level of intensity and physicallity against us that we aren't matching. We won't have that problem vs bama and ole miss though

Lloyd Christmas
11-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it won't hurt my feelings if we drop to #2 this week. Winning is all that matters.

We won't drop..not with FSU playing poorly as well.

gravedigger
11-02-2014, 10:19 AM
It's never one thing. It's always a combination.

Dak missing Myles on the second play of the game seemed to affect dak.

RougeDawg
11-02-2014, 10:20 AM
We are getting some good shots from opponents. Every team is bringing a level of intensity and physicallity against us that we aren't matching. We won't have that problem vs bama and ole miss though

This. We are finally the "Target" and getting everybody's best game. And we are still winning these games even when come out flat and don't have our best games. Our team will be up for the Bama, Vandy, and OM games.

These last two weeks were probably the best two things that could have happened for us. Tough wins in bad played games. We will be fine. This bunch is special.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2014, 10:21 AM
None of the above. Our energy level was fine.

We were -3 in the turnover department. And Arkansas controlled the clock by converting 3rd downs and working the play clock. That really limited our possessions.

Then Dak was a step slow due to his foot/ankle. He converts that 4th and 1 if he is 100%.

PMDawg
11-02-2014, 12:40 PM

I thought Maroon was all that matters**