PDA

View Full Version : I loved Cohen's quote yesterday

Coach34
06-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Columbus douche Matt Stevens asked him if 5 years ago he saw himself coaching a team to Omaha and Cohen replied "Yes, because it's Miss State"

Also shows what a dumbass Stevens is

War Machine Dawg
06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
That asshole really should have his media credentials revoked. No accountability by our athletic department. Sling shit, keep being allowed to sling shit.

CrazyEyeKilla
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
You have to love that attitude. He doesn't expect us just to make to Omaha, he thinks we should win the whole damn thing.
Might not happen this year, but I believe he will be the guy that gets us our first national championship before he retires.

Coach34
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
You have to love that attitude. He doesn't expect us just to make to Omaha, he thinks we should win the whole damn thing.
Might not happen this year, but I believe he will be the guy that gets us our first national championship before he retires.

I agree. He's very driven. As I told people yesterday, I wont be surprised if we lose both games in Omaha, or if we play for the title. This team is just hard to judge. But either way, we'll play our ass off to get it done.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-11-2013, 09:35 AM
That asshole really should have his media credentials revoked. No accountability by our athletic department. Sling shit, keep being allowed to sling shit.

Hey, someone agrees with me. The amount of grief I took on twitter Friday for calling for us to blackball Stevens was ridiculous. I may be right, I may be wrong, but why the hell would someone takes sides with a writer over MSU, especially Matty Dispatch.

FlabLoser
06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I was surprised Justin Sutton was so much in support of Stevens. Maybe Sutton is hoping for a media job.

AlSwearengen
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I agree. He's very driven. As I told people yesterday, I wont be surprised if we lose both games in Omaha, or if we play for the title. This team is just hard to judge. But either way, we'll play our ass off to get it done.

This is exactly how I feel about this team, we are really good in certain areas and lacking in others. Our three most talented pitchers outside of Holder aren't even pitching these days. We generally play very good defense, but when we decide to play poor defense, errors come in bunches and we look like the bad news bears.

If the new talent we have coming into the program over the next couple of years has this team's grittiness, we will be pretty damn good in the future.

Vandownbytheriver
06-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I was surprised Justin Sutton was so much in support of Stevens. Maybe Sutton is hoping for a media job.

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, but who is Justin Sutton?

Original48
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I liked Cohen's other quote..actually he quoted a former coach. Ron Polk? Nope. On a question about when things looked to be unraveling in the 9th Cohen said..something to the effect of players have to let it go, and even as coaches we have to step back and regroup. Then Cohen said "And as the great Skip Bertman use to say 'that play is over..what's important NOW.' ".

maroonmania
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Columbus douche Matt Stevens asked him if 5 years ago he saw himself coaching a team to Omaha and Cohen replied "Yes, because it's Miss State"

Also shows what a dumbass Stevens is

on the Will Redmond situation and putting out a story that implied we had bought Will Redmond a car BUT I will say that when I heard the audio I thought Stevens was asking if Cohen expected to get an MSU team to Omaha in his first 5 years back here. Guess I might need to listen to it again, either way not the greatest of questions, but given the mess Polk left behind asking if he thought he would get there this soon is certainly not as bad as if he really did ask him if essentially he ever saw himself coaching a team to Omaha.

Coach34
06-11-2013, 12:11 PM
on the Will Redmond situation and putting out a story that implied we had bought Will Redmond a car BUT I will say that when I heard the audio I thought Stevens was asking if Cohen expected to get an MSU team to Omaha in his first 5 years back here. Guess I might need to listen to it again, either way not the greatest of questions, but given the mess Polk left behind asking if he thought he would get there this soon is certainly not as bad as if he really did ask him if essentially he ever saw himself coaching a team to Omaha.

I went strictly by what Stevens himself tweeted:

"I asked MSU coach John Cohen if 5 years ago if he thought he'd be coaching a team heading to Omaha: "Yes?because it's Mississippi State."

dawgoneyall
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
He told my nephew at the 2011 Egg Bowl "We're going to win the whole thing next year." I ask if be meant the SEC and he said he meant the whole thing. I was impressed with his confidence but .....thought damn that was stout.