PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with the traffic control??

Bucky Dog
11-01-2014, 11:38 PM
We stayed at our tent for an hour after the game. Went to our car at the Hump and it has taken us over an hour just to get to Academy road at Montgomery!! It is a cluster ****!!

Bucky Dog
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
It has taken us 45 minutes to get from 12 to Academy and we are not moving. What the duck has happened???

Bucky Dog
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Update. We finally made it to 25 after an hour and 45 minutes! Apparently the MSU police and Starkville police have no ****ing clue on traffic control.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2014, 12:00 AM
It took me 10 minutes to get of campus.

AFDawg
11-02-2014, 12:01 AM
They forced everything on the South side of campus out toward old 25. It was a disaster. We've never had to do that before.

Crazy traffic in West Point, too.

ckDOG
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Lots of cars and not a lot of infrastructure means slow commutes. Sucks but ya gotta deal with it.

TUSK
11-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Dudes, yall are winning... it comes with the territory...

enjoy it.

missouridawg
11-02-2014, 12:08 AM
The problem is your plan for exit. Why did you park at the Hump if you're going to Academy Road? Dont blame the police for your bad planning.

Bucky Dog
11-02-2014, 12:13 AM
It s never been like this. My BC parking is at the Hump and I go back to Jackson. It just seemed as thought they changed shit around and it was confusing to everyone.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2014, 12:16 AM
I road the trolley from Starkville daily news, but leaving the game they all pick up at the same point. To me that makes no sense. They need three or four drops around the stadium after the game.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2014, 01:13 AM
Plan where you park for where you are going to need to go AFTER the game. It helps.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Small town, triple the population.
2. If you're at the hump, exit north to 82, west to 25 bypass.

West Point!!!! Yes, now what do they have the traffic lights operating like it is 5pm on a Monday afternoon? Damn! Back in the day, those lights were blinking yellow at 10pm.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2014, 02:02 AM
I agree, West Point sucked. It took us 3 times as long to get through there than it did to get off campus.

mstatefan91
11-02-2014, 02:18 AM
I swear. I think they just make it up as it goes each week. No real planning. It's a "oh well, let's try this this time."

mstatefan91
11-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Small town, triple the population.
2. If you're at the hump, exit north to 82, west to 25 bypass.

West Point!!!! Yes, now what do they have the traffic lights operating like it is 5pm on a Monday afternoon? Damn! Back in the day, those lights were blinking yellow at 10pm.

Bolded. We have only added 6,000 seats. Traffic has never been as bad as it is this year. I've lived here for 5 years and have never had as many issues getting around Starkville after a game as I have this season. Part of that is people actually staying till the end of the game, but most of it is just poor planning by traffic control (police, university, event services, parking services)

Bucky Dog
11-02-2014, 02:28 AM
You should have seen the Starkville cops that showed up on Montgomery at the light just before Academy. They made everything 10 times worse and the traffic on Montgomery came to a stop for 10 minutes. It was horrible and like everyone says, no real planning and seemed to wing it. Come on Man!!

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2014, 02:36 AM
We may have only added 6k seats, but the number of people that are on campus for gams is probably 10k or more.

thedawg
11-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Its all in your plan... I park a ten minute walk from the stadium ... for free... ten minutes after singing with the stadium in jubilation I was in my truck and back in my recliner in west point thirty minutes later watching the end of the South Carolina Tennessee game... Walk a little further and park on the fringes of campus and then your automatically first in line to leave when you get in your car

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
We stayed at our tent for an hour after the game. Went to our car at the Hump and it has taken us over an hour just to get to Academy road at Montgomery!! It is a cluster ****!!

I was off campus in 5 minutes. Quit your feminine bitching.

RougeDawg
11-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Traffic Control Was HORRIBLE last night. My parking pass is in 25 by Lee Hall and I was trying to get back behind the lodge. This was at 11:30 PM and barely any traffic. They kept funneling us toward old 82. We had to bob and weave through campus and university to get back. All we wanted to do was turn right by the Archaeology building and be home quickly. They wouldn't let us turn and we went around the world.

BulldogBear
11-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Its all in your plan... I park a ten minute walk from the stadium ... for free... ten minutes after singing with the stadium in jubilation I was in my truck and back in my recliner in west point thirty minutes later watching the end of the South Carolina Tennessee game... Walk a little further and park on the fringes of campus and then your automatically first in line to leave when you get in your car

Works every time. Normally I do. The TAMU game and last night I was with someone who couldn't manage a long walk though. So, we had to park at Wise center and take bus. Bad thing was pregame the bus got lost and on the wrong route and we had to wait an hour for it.

GreenheadDawg
11-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Plan where you park for where you are going to need to go AFTER the game. It helps.

I second that. The wife and I walked to the truck on sorority row and it took us 15 min to get out of Starkville. No problems at all

Mjoelner34
11-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I swear. I think they just make it up as it goes each week. No real planning. It's a "oh well, let's try this this time."

Last night was the first time that I've seen them turn Locksley Way into both lanes exit-only from campus and it seemed to cause all kinds of problems. From what I could tell, if you exited campus on Stone Blvd, you were blocked from getting directly to Hwy 12 and had to go at least all the way to Montgomery street. I don't know if they let people turn towards 12 there or if they kept funneling towards old 25.

Goat Holder
11-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Don't give away the secrets.

But in reality, people just absolutely refuse to walk anywhere. And if you're doing some heavy duty tailgating, it's tough to walk for sure. If I'm doing that, I just make peace with not going anywhere quickly, and park closer. No hurry after the games, just kick back.