PDA

View Full Version : J Graham

TXDawg
11-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like the guy and I think he has a great upside at State.

But after the muffed punt, I was disappointed with his actions on the sideline. I know he was PISSED, but instead of pouting on the bench, he should've been front and center on the sideline cheering for the defense.

Don't quit on the TEAM after YOU made a bad play. Seemed selfish to me.

SDDawg
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Has a lot of maturing to do. He has regressed since his first game and needs a mental reset.

CrookedLetta
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
He's 18 years old. How would you have acted in that same situation at 18? I think he needed a little time to collect himself.

He was celebrating with the team later in the game.

Lloyd Christmas
11-01-2014, 11:28 PM

But after the muffed punt, I was disappointed with his actions on the sideline. I know he was PISSED, but instead of pouting on the bench, he should've been front and center on the sideline cheering for the defense.

Cut they guy a break. He was pissed at himself. He's 18..he's acting his age. Mullen ain't helping the kid by putting him out there over and over again to fail.

TimberBeast
11-01-2014, 11:34 PM

I don't see how anyone could say he seemed selfish. He was mad at himself, and he should have been. You are simply wrong on what you think you saw.

Dawgface
11-01-2014, 11:40 PM
One thing for sure, he doesn't need to catch another punt this year. He's had more than enough chances to correct this problem. Work on it during the off season.

maroonmania
11-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Cut they guy a break. He was pissed at himself. He's 18..he's acting his age. Mullen ain't helping the kid by putting him out there over and over again to fail.

Yep, I put more of that on Mullen than Graham. He's muffing about 1 out of 3 punts he tries to catch so I don't know why Mullen hadn't already replaced him before tonight. And its easy to see why he's doing that. If you watch his head he is constantly moving it up and down between watching the ball in the air and looking at the players running at him down the field. Once he makes the decision that he IS going to field the ball he needs to KEEP HIS EYE ON THE BALL IN THE AIR until the catch is made and THEN figure where he wants to run with it. Where there is wind like tonight you can't take your eye off the ball for a second and expect to get a good read on where its coming down at.

Irondawg
11-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Kick returns all the way around continue to be disappointing? Other than turtle, when's the last time we returned a kick past the 35. Generally we half-jog to teh 20 before even trying to turn on the jets.

Graham is a mystery b/c he looks much more comfortable at juding the ball than Jameon ever did and showed some real potential back there his first time games. But I think the mistakes have made him mental and it's just time to sit him for the moment.

archdog
11-02-2014, 12:32 AM
I would like to see him back on KO return, but smokey looks like he is trying to hard out there. Trying to do too much.

DancingRabbit
11-02-2014, 01:41 AM
There's no need to be down on the guy for sitting down and looking sad. He screwed up.

Our D bailed him out a few times before, but in this game he came close to costing us a game and much more. Coaches gave him every chance.

We've made QBs into linebackers (and fullbacks into QBs). We'll find the right spot for him. But catching punts is not the right spot.