PDA

View Full Version : JT Gray dressed and a 1B

HailState39110
11-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Zach Jackson is hurt and we are burning Gray's redshirt

Bothrops
11-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I think it was burned last week vs Kentucky.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2014, 07:54 PM
I think it was burned last week vs Kentucky.

No, it was burned today. Very questionable decision.

missouridawg
11-01-2014, 08:53 PM

No it's not. Dan knows more than you.

Bothrops
11-01-2014, 09:47 PM

Gray was on the stat sheet for the Kentucky game. 1 tackle recorded.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2014, 10:05 PM
No it's not. Dan knows more than you.

So he is flawless? He never makes mistakes?

missouridawg
11-01-2014, 10:10 PM

That a way to change the subject after you over reacted to a piece of news. Why people keep questioning Dans personnel moves is beyond me. The guy has led us to a realm that we have never been and if he needs to burn one shirt to win every game, he should do so. I can assure you that, if indeed the redshirt was burned, that JT Gray agreed with it.

Can we just celebrate a gutsy win instead of bickering over the stupidest bullshit?

Maroons
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM

If you're Dan, you do EVERYTHING in your power to continue to win games at this point. That includes burning one redshirt if it means he can help in ANY way.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2014, 10:13 PM
If you're Dan, you do EVERYTHING in your power to continue to win games at this point. That includes burning one redshirt if it means he can help in ANY way.

I hate to see a kid's redshirt burned in game 8 to cover kicks. He didn't play any snaps on D.

SheltonChoked
11-01-2014, 10:15 PM
No it's not. At this point you play for this year. If it means burning a redshirt in the egg bowl or later. You burn it. You strike while the iron is hot.

smootness
11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
I hate to see a kid's redshirt burned in game 8 to cover kicks. He didn't play any snaps on D.

Like they said, you do what you have to do in this position. He is now playing a huge role on coverage teams. Leave his redshirt on and watch one taken to the house, and you won't be talking about covering kicks like it isn't important. If Gray helps us in any way to win a national title, then he couldn't possibly play a more important role in his 5th year.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Like they said, you do what you have to do in this position. He is now playing a huge role on coverage teams. Leave his redshirt on and watch one taken to the house, and you won't be talking about covering kicks like it isn't important. If Gray helps us in any way to win a national title, then he couldn't possibly play a more important role in his 5th year.

That's not why we did it. Quadry Antoine was covering kicks fine for Dez Harris. If Jackson is out for the year, I understand it to an extent. I think we were fine with our other 5 LB's though.

smootness
11-01-2014, 10:22 PM
That's not why we did it. Quadry Antoine was covering kicks fine for Dez Harris. If Jackson is out for the year, I understand it to an extent. I think we were fine with our other 5 LB's though.

Well, Gray was the first or second down on every kick. He's good at it, seemingly better than Antoine.