PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M with 1939 unis, playing like the 1939 team....

Mutt the Hoople
11-01-2014, 12:09 PM
..a bunch of 95-97 year olds.

Dawg61
11-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I do think those Unis are sweet. I'm glad aTm is struggling this year. That'll shut those weirdos up.

Bully13
11-01-2014, 01:51 PM
been a while since I've seen a team crumble to this degree. from what they did the last 2 years then start with that win at SCe, to now.. wow. UL monroe just cut the lead to 5 with 10 minutes to go...wow....

RougeDawg
11-01-2014, 01:56 PM
been a while since I've seen a team crumble to this degree. from what they did the last 2 years then start with that win at SCe, to now.. wow. UL monroe just cut the lead to 5 with 10 minutes to go...wow....

As I and many have stated numerous times, JFF was good for 2-4+ wins a season the last two years. A&M is a big 12 defense that just happened to catch fire in a bottle and have a once in a lifetime QB. They are 6-6 7-5 team and will continue to be in this league. Recruiting isn't everything. This year proves it as much as and season In Recent memory.

Dawg61
11-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm not looking forward to facing aTm with Muschamp as D Coord. Enjoy their suck now it won't last.

RougeDawg
11-01-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm not looking forward to facing aTm with Muschamp as D Coord. Enjoy their suck now it won't last.

I've seen this team play from sideline passes in college station since 2008. They better start pulling some defensive players from the original SEC states. Texas high schools are more big 12 run and gun and have smaller quicker defenses to counteract this. That's why they have been and will continue to be undersized on defense to handle the sec. We will see if they start going the size path, but for now their defenses will be suspect.

Dawg61
11-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I've seen this team play from sideline passes in college station since 2008. They better start pulling some defensive players from the original SEC states. Texas high schools are more big 12 run and gun and have smaller quicker defenses to counteract this. That's why they have been and will continue to be undersized on defense to handle the sec. We will see if they start going the size path, but for now their defenses will be suspect.

Interesting. A state ten times the population of Mississippi and they're getting wooped in recruiting on defense.

RougeDawg
11-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Interesting. A state ten times the population of Mississippi and they're getting wooped in recruiting on defense.

It's an issue with Texas TXTech and the lot of them our there. The big 12 defenses are garbage and not by chance. A&M has recruited well according to the "stars" but those guys aren't used to physical sec football due to tx high school schemes. They are star rated based on their competition. Just not as much physical play in tx HS and it translates to the colleges when they play against sec defenses. TX HS is more TXTech style for the majority.