PDA

View Full Version : Alabama love???

Sacrifice
11-01-2014, 10:30 AM
What's with all this Alabama is the best team in the country talk??? I'm looking at there schedule and every time they play somebody decent, they struggle. They beat WV by 10, hell there ranked #20 right now. They lose to OM and struggle against Arkansas. They beat a bad Tenn team by 14. I know they blew out A&M but that's after they had there heart ripped out. I just don't see it.

msstate7
11-01-2014, 10:43 AM
#1 recruiting class years running and nick saban...

Dawgface
11-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The a&m game was impressive. But I will hold off on giving them the title until I see what they do against LSU.

MetEdDawg
11-01-2014, 11:34 AM
We are upsetting the balance of things. Why do you think Auburn and Alabama are getting all the press while we are being overanalyzed and misrepresented at every turn?

We made Auburn look bad, but those 4 turnovers were not caused by us according to the talking heads. The Bama Arkansas game was just a fluke because look at what they did to TAMU. Bama being good is easy to sell to the masses because it's a team they are familiar with their players because they were highly ranked. Them being good pushes the high profile recruiting agenda and the high profile program agenda ESPN has to drum up interest and ratings.

It's amazing how quickly the scrutiny begins when you rise to number 1 and we are having to deal with that right now. The bad pass defense talk won't go away. The talk about how LSU wasn't as good when we played them won't go away. And the talk about how Bama is better than us and has the clearer path won't go away unless we win in Tuscaloosa. Just what we have to deal with and hopefully our guys can put up when it matters.

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Bama gave up 21 to Muschamp's UF team. Their offense is great if the talent level isn't close to equal to the opposing defense. This is a completely different team than the last few years. This team could lose 3 more before bowl season. MSU, AU, and at LSU could all be losses.

MarketingBully01
11-01-2014, 12:00 PM
We are upsetting the balance of things. Why do you think Auburn and Alabama are getting all the press while we are being overanalyzed and misrepresented at every turn?

We made Auburn look bad, but those 4 turnovers were not caused by us according to the talking heads. The Bama Arkansas game was just a fluke because look at what they did to TAMU. Bama being good is easy to sell to the masses because it's a team they are familiar with their players because they were highly ranked. Them being good pushes the high profile recruiting agenda and the high profile program agenda ESPN has to drum up interest and ratings.

It's amazing how quickly the scrutiny begins when you rise to number 1 and we are having to deal with that right now. The bad pass defense talk won't go away. The talk about how LSU wasn't as good when we played them won't go away. And the talk about how Bama is better than us and has the clearer path won't go away unless we win in Tuscaloosa. Just what we have to deal with and hopefully our guys can put up when it matters.

Imagine what they will say when we blow Arkansas out tonight. What will be the party line then?

msstate7
11-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Bama got declared back after thrashing aTm. aTm is a trainwreck now. We did to aTm what bama did to us in '12.

Tbonewannabe
11-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Bama is obviously better than ULM. ULM already gave up 7 with most of the 1st half gone.

MetEdDawg
11-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Imagine what they will say when we blow Arkansas out tonight. What will be the party line then?

They will say Arkansas isn't a good team but will find ways to pick us apart. Pass defense gives up a big play and you go to how bad they are. Dak throws a pick and maybe now he is seen as making too many bad decisions. But they will find ways. There will be no comparison between our game and Bama's game against Arkansas. We will get a tiny section on ESPN but will be 3rd or 4th on the lineup when they go through the games and if we destroy Arkansas no one will mention anything about it. It will be glossed over and not talked about.

msstate7
11-01-2014, 12:12 PM
They will say Arkansas isn't a good team but will find ways to pick us apart. Pass defense gives up a big play and you go to how bad they are. Dak throws a pick and maybe now he is seen as making too many bad decisions. But they will find ways. There will be no comparison between our game and Bama's game against Arkansas. We will get a tiny section on ESPN but will be 3rd or 4th on the lineup when they go through the games and if we destroy Arkansas no one will mention anything about it. It will be glossed over and not talked about.

I actually like them picking us apart. When our players and coaches watch/hear it, it'll keep that chip on our shoulders

SDDawg
11-01-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't think we're being misrepresented at all. I think we've been portrayed fairly, perhaps with the exception of our secondary which has been dogged on stats but on the field has looked pretty solid outside of a half dozen plays this year, most of those occurring in only 2 games that we won easily.

Alabama gets good press because they're Alabama: they're good until proven otherwise. They're not nearly what they were a few years ago, but people are waiting for them to come back and I think it's only a matter of time before they will. Won't be this year though.

TUSK
11-02-2014, 12:37 AM

bump.

archdog
11-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Bama got declared back after thrashing aTm. aTm is a trainwreck now. We did to aTm what bama did to us in '12.

That is a great point. Looking bacj, I agree.