PDA

View Full Version : Good. Palmeiro did make it this weekend.

MsStateBaseball
10-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Hopefully he and Will are good now.

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Hopefully he and Will are good now.

Hopefully he and will are good now? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. That's funny. Trust me they aren't.

MsStateBaseball
10-31-2014, 08:14 PM
How would you know?

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 08:18 PM
How would you know?

I don't have a blog. But trust me I know way more about this than you. I'll just leave it at that.

AlSwearengen
10-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Just keep Will and Ralph at opposite ends of the line, room, or table from each other. That is a special group and I wish I could be there to see them together. Hopefully everything goes smoothly between everyone involved, publicly and privately.

Pollodawg
10-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Now, why do the two supposedly hate one another?

drummerdawg
10-31-2014, 08:35 PM
There is a pic of them together on twitter

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Now, why do the two supposedly hate one another?

Lots of reasons really. They weren't big buddies here but got through it. Then what sort of set it off was when Clark signed with the Rangers and palmeiro thought that Clark basically stabbed him in the back by doing so. It's a business and Ralph should have never said a word and gotten over it. Then that led to a verbal war and it went south from there.

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 08:38 PM
There is a pic of them together on twitter

There are pictures of Ronald Reagan with Gorbachev too.

MsStateBaseball
10-31-2014, 08:48 PM
Clark don't like any steroids either. He is a throwback.

drummerdawg
10-31-2014, 08:50 PM
There are pictures of Ronald Reagan with Gorbachev too.

not saying they get along, but they aren't staying away from each other like some think

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 08:55 PM
not saying they get along, but they aren't staying away from each other like some think

This weekend you are right. But they aren't calling each other when they aren't here. I promise you.

MsStateBaseball
10-31-2014, 09:01 PM
They are just being cordial. I wonder if the new stadium design is displayed with a tip jar next to it.

engie
10-31-2014, 09:12 PM
They are just being cordial. I wonder if the new stadium design is displayed with a tip jar next to it.

Basically, you can bet your ass. Strick be selling some skyboxes and lofts this weekend. Especially getting those guys together and giving them premium opportunities "together" -- as you can bet that regardless of Clark and Palmeiro, most of them have nothing but tremendous memories together...

whosyourdawgy
10-31-2014, 09:34 PM
My take on the Clark Palmeiro debate. Every former baseball player on campus was in the Palmeiro Center tonight eating and mingling with old friends. Not the Clark Center. And that basically sums up that to me.

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 09:36 PM
My take on the Clark Palmeiro debate. Every baseball former baseball player on campus was in the Palmeiro Center tonight eating and mingling with old friends. Not the Clark Center. And that basically sums up that to me.

Palmeiro made almost twice as much money as Clark did in his career too. And I'm certainly thankful to palmeiro, just pointing it out.

whosyourdawgy
10-31-2014, 09:43 PM
And for those of us who have met both, one is nice and pleasant to talk to, the other not so much. And I have Will The Thrill memorabilia stored away somewhere and nothing for Raffy.

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 09:45 PM
And for those of us who have met both, one is nice and pleasant to talk to, the other not so much. And I have Will The Thrill memorabilia stored away somewhere and nothing for Raffy.

Not busting you but which one are you saying you like? Just curious. Will's son changed his life a ton for the better.

engie
10-31-2014, 10:29 PM
As did Grisham...

Wounds being healed this weekend right in front of the push for funding of the new stadium. Couldn't be timed any better. There is only one figure that's apparently awol, but I don't guess that should come as a surprise to anyone. After he missed the CWS, if he misses this weekend, he'll never be back in the fold as long as Cohen is here...

whosyourdawgy
10-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Engie I hope you are right. Love having the old players back to support. The 85 team was crazy talented and having them all in for a reunion of sorts is a great thing. Polk needs to show his ass up at some point. And I hope Clark has changed his life for the better. He was one of if not the biggest arrogant asshole I have ever met. So there wasn't much way to go but up.

Homedawg
10-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Engie I hope you are right. Love having the old players back to support. The 85 team was crazy talented and having them all in for a reunion of sorts is a great thing. Polk needs to show his ass up at some point. And I hope Clark has changed his life for the better. He was one of if not the biggest arrogant asshole I have ever met. So there wasn't much way to go but up.

Ok gotcha. He was. And is still arrogant. However, trust me that guys life changed after the birth of trey, who is autistic. Will is still a Cajun, but a different guy than what he was years ago no question.

Todd4State
10-31-2014, 11:17 PM
I think we would all like to think that our sports heroes all get along and hang out together, but it just isn't like that unfortunately.

To me, Palmeiro has always been overly sensitive about things in general. Not giving Will a total pass on innocence, but he definitely lets things go a lot more easily. To me, it's kind of a shame that Palmeiro didn't realize how cool it would be for him and Will to be on the same team again which would have worked out very well in the American League with the DH rule.

As far as Polk, him not showing up isn't unexpected but still disappointing to me. He needs someone like Boo Ferris to talk to him and tell him that it's OK to not be the end all be all in baseball at a college and by doing so you can actually end up being more loved and revered than you ever imagined in doing so. That seems to be how it was when Delta State won the NC with Kinnesson and Ferris was recognized as being the guy that planted the seeds.

SDDawg
11-01-2014, 03:14 AM
1000% agreed on Polk, time to man up.

whosyourdawgy
11-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Polk is supposed to be here today and will be with the 85 team on the field when they are recognized tonight.

Bully13
11-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Until Polk makes a public apology for what he did and said when the deal went down, I could give 2 shits if he ever sets foot on our campus.

whosyourdawgy
11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Well u won't ever give 2 shits then.

IMissJack
11-01-2014, 08:16 AM
I'll just take Polk being here. He doesn't owe me an apology. I didn't like the way things played out, but things in our administration changed quickly. Sometimes change means it will be painful. The man still contributed to some of the best memories of my life.

KB21
11-01-2014, 08:27 AM
I'll just take Polk being here. He doesn't owe me an apology. I didn't like the way things played out, but things in our administration changed quickly. Sometimes change means it will be painful. The man still contributed to some of the best memories of my life.

This is my view. Regardless of how he acted when he left, he is the man that built the foundation for this program.

BulldogBacker
11-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Coach Polk never got married. His life was Mississippi State Baseball and nothing else. His only family was his players. He raised nearly every dime for the Dement-Polk Stadium. He felt Mississippi State owed him for giving his life for our baseball program. When he decided to retire, he felt he deserved to "appoint" his replacement. Even though he knew that the AD, Greg Byrne, was going to make the pick, he felt betrayed. His reaction was one similar to an owner of a company being forced out by his own son.

Bully13
11-01-2014, 09:30 AM
he also began showing more concern for self promoting himself to the baseball world than concern for MSU baseball success. when baseball recruiting started to change, he refused to based on pure arrogance instead of having our program's success front and center. the fans, administration, and the cigar boys had a lot to do with our success as well as Polk. threatening to destroy our program right out in public as if he had the right to is inexusable without an apolgy.

Mutt the Hoople
11-01-2014, 09:52 AM
About Ron Polk: My mom (who's the sweetest, kindest, most un-Mutt the Hoople-like person you'd ever want to meet) found out John Cohen was fired and Ron Polk got man, she said that he sounded like an immature baby.

Can't go against mama.

Bully13
11-01-2014, 10:30 AM
About Ron Polk: My mom (who's the sweetest, kindest, most un-Mutt the Hoople-like person you'd ever want to meet) found out John Cohen was fired and Ron Polk got man, she said that he sounded like an immature baby.

Can't go against mama.

please translate when you get the chance.

Todd4State
11-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm glad that Polk will be there. That to me, shows at least some degree of forgiveness. NOT that everything is all better and smoothed over by any stretch of the imagination- but it's a baby step.

MSU baseball is better if Ron Polk is a part of it. And by a part of it I mean being the grandfatherly figure sitting in the stands and not meddling and whining.

RTO Dawg
11-01-2014, 12:02 PM

This^^^ Now for my Trek down south to watch my #1 team whoop that hog ASS.....

DancingRabbit
11-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I think we would all like to think that our sports heroes all get along and hang out together, but it just isn't like that unfortunately.

To me, Palmeiro has always been overly sensitive about things in general. Not giving Will a total pass on innocence, but he definitely lets things go a lot more easily. To me, it's kind of a shame that Palmeiro didn't realize how cool it would be for him and Will to be on the same team again which would have worked out very well in the American League with the DH rule.

As far as Polk, him not showing up isn't unexpected but still disappointing to me. He needs someone like Boo Ferris to talk to him and tell him that it's OK to not be the end all be all in baseball at a college and by doing so you can actually end up being more loved and revered than you ever imagined in doing so. That seems to be how it was when Delta State won the NC with Kinnesson and Ferris was recognized as being the guy that planted the seeds.

It's silly to think Raffy being sensitive prevented the pair of them from playing together for the Rangers. Canseco was under contract and the DH. Both Will and Raffy were excellent at first base. There was no way Texas was going to sign both of them.

I think Raffy really wanted to stay with the Rangers but he or his agent held out for more money too long and the Rangers signed Will. The day the news came out Raffy said it was apparent that friendship didn't matter to Will and called him a low-life. The next day Raffy apologized publicly saying he was just frustrated and Will just did what he had to do.

AROB44
11-01-2014, 03:08 PM
Folks forget.....Polk did name his replacement. It was Pat McMahon. How many times did he think he was allowed to decide who the baseball coach would be?

drunkernhelldawg
11-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Painful thread, but not as painful as a Miami Hurricane home run.

Aces High
11-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Coach Polk never got married. His life was Mississippi State Baseball and nothing else. His only family was his players. He raised nearly every dime for the Dement-Polk Stadium. He felt Mississippi State owed him for giving his life for our baseball program. When he decided to retire, he felt he deserved to "appoint" his replacement. Even though he knew that the AD, Greg Byrne, was going to make the pick, he felt betrayed. His reaction was one similar to an owner of a company being forced out by his own son.

He never got married because that is illegal in Mississippi.