PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits 10.31.14

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Alright, I just finished up 3 days of golf and beer with UGA/FL fans. So now I can turn my attention to tonight's high school football.

Kentavious Thomas and the Baldwin Braves (5-3, 3-1) take on Georgia small school legends, the #8 ranked Mary Persons Bulldogs (7-1, 4-0) in a home tilt that could set them up for their first Region Championship since 2009 (and only 6th title in school history). The Bulldogs are a program that is a model of consistency - winning 8 games 40 times over the past 54 years, 19 of which were seasons of 10 wins or more. Going back to 1929, they have won at a .700 clip. This season they have been impressive on both sides of the ball - outscoring opponents 245-92, and 151-7 in region play. They have shut out 3 of 4 region opponents. They are led by Dee High, a bruising running back who ran 29 times for 200 last week against Veterans. Baldwin will have their work cut out for them. Thomas will have to have another strong game. Last week, he had 20 carries for 131 and a TD. Win, and Baldwin is in the drivers seat with one game left.

Trey Derouen and Parkview (4-4, 3-3) take on Central Gwinnett (4-4, 3-3). Parkview just keeps hanging around in the playoff race. Currently tied with CG for the final playoff slot for the region, a win puts them in the drivers seat with 1 game remaining. They need this win because the season finale next week is against undefeated and #2 ranked Dacula. Making the playoffs would be a big accomplishment for 1st year coach Eric Godfree and a team rebuilding after a 3-7 season last year. Good luck to Trey and the Panthers.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Thomas and Baldwin lost 55-21 to Mary Persons. He had a TD, and was over 100 by mid 3rd (no final stats given). Also had a 48 yard KR.

Trey and Parkview lost 24-21.