PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back, ****ers.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2013, 12:17 AM
What I learned while we were away....

1. We badly need a chat room
2. I HATE Ole Miss assholes, and am so glad we don't have them over here
3. Armstrong should be starting over Henderson because he hit .400 in Juco last year*
4. We are going to OMAHA Bitches

theloungeinleft
06-11-2013, 12:25 AM
What I learned while we were away....

1. We badly need a chat room
2. I HATE Ole Miss assholes, and am so glad we don't have them over here
3. Armstrong should be starting over Henderson because he hit .400 in Juco last year*
4. We are going to OMAHA Bitches

5. UVA fans still can't take the dicks out of their mouths and stop sucking.

Sandman14
06-11-2013, 01:46 AM
6. Having to go back to reading 6 pack for baseball info is like cramming bamboo shoots up your finger nails, no offense to the 6 pack lovers. That place is getting trashier, at least with respect to baseball.

I take that back, it's always been that way. I remember 2 years ago when in early SEC season, we were incredibly inept and Cohen was an idiot. Then we got to within 8 outs of Omaha. Then we won the SEC tourney. Now we are in Omaha.

Dawgface
06-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Just curious.......what happened to the site? Jene hack in and corrupt some files?

Political Hack
06-11-2013, 06:43 AM
had nothing to do with any hacks.

dawgoneyall
06-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Really need the chat room

msstate7
06-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Really need the chat room

I agree.

hailmari
06-11-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm so glad ED is back, I didn't realize how bad SPS was until I got away from it for a while and went back for a week.

Hump4Hoops
06-11-2013, 07:16 AM
I'm so glad ED is back, I didn't realize how bad SPS was until I got away from it for a while and went back for a week.

I like that ED has topic view so that you can have a more cohesive game thread - but really, anyone talking about how "bad" SPS is, is just overdoing it.

FlabLoser
06-11-2013, 07:18 AM
I tired of the rebels running roughshod over, and moderating, SPS. There.

MSUDawg4Life
06-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Agree on the chat room.

Must have.

MSUDawg4Life
06-11-2013, 07:21 AM
I like that ED has topic view so that you can have a more cohesive game thread - but really, anyone talking about how "bad" SPS is, is just overdoing it.

Disagree.

The OM influence on that site is distasteful to some of us who just want to discuss MSU sports with MSU people. I'm not certain why that's so hard to understand.

Especially when it is obvious that the owners of the board are bowing and kowtowing to the Bears simply for a buck. No loyalty to MSU or its fans.

Quite distasteful.

Thick
06-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Yes, it is nice to be back....here and Omaha!! SPS is unbelievably bad, and packed with youngsters and just poor posters. Plus the OM mods, still scratching my head over the obsurdity.

Will James
06-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Agree on the chat room.

Must have.

+1

Better to have a conservation than refreshing a game thread. Also solves the problem of crybabies getting upset at what's said in game threads.

SaltyDawg
06-11-2013, 07:51 AM
SPS is awful, but I'm glad I don't have to ever look at thesabre.com again- that place looks like a middle school student put it together.

Hump4Hoops
06-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm glad I don't have to ever took at thesabre.com- that place looks like a middle school student put it together.

That's something we can all agree on.

FanninDawg
06-11-2013, 08:19 AM
I sure am glad elite is back, say what you want about SPS and chat rooms, but the Sabre was just hard to look at.

J-Dawg
06-11-2013, 08:59 AM
had nothing to do with any hacks.

I see what you did there.

CrazyEyeKilla
06-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Although I haven't hardly posted here yet, I did miss it. I didn't realize it until it went down, but the baseball discussions are so much better here than SPS.

And if you think Sabre was bad, check out the Oregon St message board linked on SPS. Their message board looks like genespage circa 1998.

Coach34
06-11-2013, 09:41 AM
we had the network in a location that wasnt controlled by us basically- and those people dropped the ball. We have moved the network to a new location that is controlled by us. It sux and we apologize- lesson learned

Ronny
06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
..during out first game vs. Virginia you could go to sixpack & the main thread topic dominating the comment section was about restaurants. No shit. Can you imagine what a kick their ole miss board moderator was getting out of that one.

There is only one legit MSU sports board left, & this is it.

Please work out your technical difficulties & keep then worked out.

Drugdog
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Damn glad ED is back. I have 12,13 daughters that are more mature than most posters on 6pk.

Coach34
06-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Let's stop worrying about Sixpack and just be glad to be back

Bullmutt
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Very glad to see ED back. Was startin' to feel like a junkie in need of a fix w/o all the info and analysis.

WeWillScrewItUp
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
It sure is nice to be back. Oh and by the way we are going to Omaha boys.

MSUDawg4Life
06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Although I haven't hardly posted here yet, I did miss it. I didn't realize it until it went down, but the baseball discussions are so much better here than SPS.

And if you think Sabre was bad, check out the Oregon St message board linked on SPS. Their message board looks like genespage circa 1998.

Yep. I was thinking Gene's Scuttlebutt from 1996 or whenever he started. It's that bad.

maroonmania
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM

true sports discussions worth a flip are hard to come by these days at SPS. Gotten to where most of the posters there are only worried about off topic debates and pissing contests are trying to see who can be the biggest smartass of the day if someone actually does want to talk about MSU sports.

LiterallyPolice
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
+1

Better to have a conservation than refreshing a game thread. Also solves the problem of crybabies getting upset at what's said in game threads.

While I agree that Chat would be a nice addition to the site, I just want to say that I prefer the game threads. I watch most of our games through ESPN3, and often the chat actually comes through faster than the video feed. In other words, I can't follow live chat because I run the risk of spoiling my viewing experience. I'm sure I'm in the vast minority, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else prefers the game threads because of this.

Also, chat can get crowded and disorienting when you don't know who is talking to whom.

Just my thoughts.

State82
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM
we had the network in a location that wasnt controlled by us basically- and those people dropped the ball. We have moved the network to a new location that is controlled by us. It sux and we apologize- lesson learned

Thanks for hanging with it Coach and getting back on line. I know that kind of stuff is frustrating and would probably make you want to say to heck with it, but I'm really glad you didn't. Glad to see the site up and running again.

FISHDAWG
06-11-2013, 03:50 PM
and with a pocket full of new V-cash ....this board is THE best MSU board and it's only going to get better... and somehow I felt like an outsider on another board while we were down ...I don't understand the animosity towards us from some of the other boards posters ... I'll bet most of them read here regardless of what they say ...... tip of the hat to the Pied-Piper & company

archdog
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
+1

Couldn't we just set up a google+ room for free and send every member of elitedawgs the log-in information through email? That way the chat session is free and the organizer can kick people out if need be.

DownwardDawg
06-11-2013, 10:28 PM
It's about 17'n time!! WTH happened!?!? Terrible timing. I've already grown attached to this board. This board and 24/7.

FlabLoser
06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Whysoserious is single handedly enough to keep me mostly away from the 247 board.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Whysoserious is single handedly enough to keep me mostly away from the 247 board.

Isn't that the dbag that just joined SPS? "Swagaroni and Cheese" guy? Horrible

Pollodawg
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Glad this place is back. I nearly went bonkers there for a while.