PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Hill benched tomorrow against ULM

Bucky Dog
10-31-2014, 01:51 PM
In favor of Kyle Allen who was number 2 QB recruit this year! Go from Heisman candidate to non starter in 3 weeks!!

mstatefan91
10-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Gary Danielson says he knew this would happen all along***

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2014, 02:16 PM
In favor of Kyle Allen who was number 2 QB recruit this year! Go from Heisman candidate to non starter in 3 weeks!!

I think this is strategic by Sumlin so that he can justify starting Kyler Murray next season.

If Kenny Hill starts the entire year, and Kyle Allen, who was the number 1 QB in the nation last year, never gets a chance, then Sumlin looks bad because Allen never got a shot.

By giving Allen a shot, he will get to see what he has. If Allen doesn't light it up, then he can justify starting Murray next season.

Kyler Murray highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1422152/highlights/162912379

MSUDawg4Life
10-31-2014, 02:45 PM
It had to be done. Kenny Hill is not a leader. I've watched him in several interviews this year and he's grinning at the wrong time, fidgeting, ... very childish and uncomfortable with the position he was in. I watched him on the sidelines when they were getting blown out by Alabama and he was running up and down the sideline yelling (at no one in particular) trying to "lead" ... and nobody was paying any attention to him. His teammates and the coaches ignored him. Having the physical ability is not enough at the QB position. You need to have the ability to motivate and encourage your teammates. Kenny Hill doesn't have that.

1bigdawg
10-31-2014, 03:00 PM
I don't know about this. He had bad games in his first year as a starter against us, TSUN, and Alabama (Pscho Defense, Landsharks, and Alabama!). Sometimes, actually most of the time, guys need experience. Changing out QBs deprives them of that and may cause them to never get better. So from our perspective, it is absolutely the right thing for Sumlin to do.***

Jack Lambert
10-31-2014, 07:44 PM
A big mistake! this has happen in the past to other schools. They are Playing ULM and he will look like a champion but come next week when they play a real school he will look like a freshman. They should stick with Hill and replace the WR and O-lineman and hire a DC.

whosyourdawgy
10-31-2014, 08:09 PM
I can't claim this but he went from Kenny Trill to Kenny Clipboard in 3 weeks