PDA

View Full Version : If Auburn wins tomorrow do they jump FSU for the #2 spot?

starkvegasdawg
10-31-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm going to say they do. FSU looked very beatable last night. They have looked beatable lots of nights for that matter. I think they are benefitting from playing in a weak conference and Jimbo selling his soul to the devil to keep is two thugs on the field. If Auburn can go on the road and win against who the committee just said was #4 in the nation then I think that is a good enough resume to jump thugs-r-us.

msstate7
10-31-2014, 07:51 AM
I don't think so. Not saying Fsu is better, but they're still undefeated, defending champs, and have the best player imo

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 07:54 AM
they are the better team, but they can't jump an undefeated team.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 07:55 AM
I don't think so. Not saying Fsu is better, but they're still undefeated, defending champs, and have the best player imo

uh no. We have the best player in the nation according to a majority of the Heisman voters right now.

bulldawg28
10-31-2014, 07:58 AM
No.

msstate7
10-31-2014, 08:10 AM
uh no. We have the best player in the nation according to a majority of the Heisman voters right now.

Winston is a creep. Dak is a great young man. Talent wise... Winston >> dak. Wouldn't trade, but don't fool yourself

Apoplectic
10-31-2014, 08:12 AM
no they're going to walk to Pasadena for the semis

Intramural All-American
10-31-2014, 08:34 AM
The real question is, does an undefeated FSU get the #1 seed over a 1 loss SEC champ?

codeDawg
10-31-2014, 08:49 AM
The real question is, does an undefeated FSU get the #1 seed over a 1 loss SEC champ?

That is a good question. Judging by these last results, quality wins are getting more credit than bad beats. If say, a 1 loss SEC champ MSU who lost to Bama on the road and had beaten Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU and Georgia were against an undefeated FSU with wins over ND, Clemson and Louisville, there would be a strong case to keep MSU #1.

SignalToNoise
10-31-2014, 08:54 AM
AU would not jump FSU. The narrative will be that FSU is a great team that faced adversity and came storming back in the second half to win the game. "Great teams find ways to win" yada yada

MadDawg
10-31-2014, 08:56 AM

yes

SDDawg
10-31-2014, 09:09 AM
I wish they would, FSU looked awful and Louisville looked like they gave up. What a terrible 2nd half to that football game. Petrino blew it, big time.

bluelightstar
10-31-2014, 09:33 AM
People want to drop FSU -- they are despised. But I don't think they can be dropped because they're undefeated. Auburn has the better resume in your scenario -- wins against #19 LSU, #9 K-State in Manhattan, and #4 Ole Miss on the road. FSU just has #25 Louisville (soon to be unranked), #21 Clemson, and #10 ND. Two of those were in Tallahassee.

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 09:40 AM

Put the koolaid down.

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 09:41 AM
they are the better team, but they can't jump an undefeated team.

Yeah because this didn't happen 2 weeks ago. You're 0-2 in this thread.

thf24
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah because this didn't happen 2 weeks ago.

An undefeated team jumped another undefeated team. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but it's not very likely a one loss team is going to jump an undefeated team, no matter how bad said undefeated team looked.

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
People want to drop FSU -- they are despised. But I don't think they can be dropped because they're undefeated. Auburn has the better resume in your scenario -- wins against #19 LSU, #9 K-State in Manhattan, and #4 Ole Miss on the road. FSU just has #25 Louisville (soon to be unranked), #21 Clemson, and #10 ND. Two of those were in Tallahassee.

They SHOULD have never been dropped. I am enjoying being #1 more than anyone, but they were the defending national champs and are still unbeaten. They shouldn't drop until they lose. Not to mention it would have kept us more hungry.

blacklistedbully
10-31-2014, 09:49 AM
If FSU ends up #1 in the last official ranking, I think I'd prefer we ended #4. They're the real, "Fool's Gold", and, IMO, would likely be an easier opponent than #2 or 3.

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 09:53 AM
If FSU ends up #1 in the last official ranking, I think I'd prefer we ended #4. They're the real, "Fool's Gold", and, IMO, would likely be an easier opponent than #2 or 3.

Do not be fooled. They are a great football team. It's damn near impossible to repeat as national champions, almost 100% impossible to go undefeated twice. They are taking everyone's best shot, and fighting them off continually. Beating them will be the toughest task of any this year, if we get the chance.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 09:59 AM
They SHOULD have never been dropped. I am enjoying being #1 more than anyone, but they were the defending national champs and are still unbeaten. They shouldn't drop until they lose. Not to mention it would have kept us more hungry.

Last year has nothing to do with this year. You and every FSU fan trying to spew this garbage is ridiculous. You don't get benefits THIS season from something that happened LAST season. FSU lost a lot from last year, including their best playmaker. This isn't the NFL, people graduate.

FSU will not, and should not, be jumped by a one loss team, I agree with that. But the above portion of your argument is pure nonsense.

RougeDawg
10-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Do not be fooled. They are a great football team. It's damn near impossible to repeat as national champions, almost 100% impossible to go undefeated twice. They are taking everyone's best shot, and fighting them off continually. Beating them will be the toughest task of any this year, if we get the chance.

If they play anywhere near where they played last night and about all of their games against teams with a pulse, we will roll them by halftime. They have not looked dominant against their better competition and they haven't played anyone close to Top 5 SEC caliber yet. I think FSU loses to the top 4 in west, UGA, and possibly LSU. There's a reason that simulation had them finishing 8-4 in the SEC. They are a middle of the pack SEC caliber team.

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Last year has nothing to do with this year.

In a subjective system such as college football, yes, it has its place. It's another feather in the cap/tie-breaker/notch/etc. whatever you want to call it, for certain teams. And it works. USC/Oklahoma were the right teams to play for the championship in 2004, no matter what Auburn says. Boise got their chance to play for it all in 2011 due to their preceding years of work. It's just the way it is. There's not enough cross pollination and too many teams, so things like this play into account. Name on the jersey does too.

This isn't the NFL

I agree. The NFL has a set playoff system that determines its champ through numbers and games played. No subjectivity at all.

If you are going to make it completely merit-based, then you cannot say a 1-loss team can't jump an undefeated team. Because if they are 'better' in the committee's eyes, they theoretically should be able to jump them. See your contradiction?

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 10:52 AM
If they play anywhere near where they played last night and about all of their games against teams with a pulse, we will roll them by halftime. They have not looked dominant against their better competition and they haven't played anyone close to Top 5 SEC caliber yet. I think FSU loses to the top 4 in west, UGA, and possibly LSU. There's a reason that simulation had them finishing 8-4 in the SEC. They are a middle of the pack SEC caliber team.

It may seem that way, but you have no way of knowing until they play, due to the differences in the schedule. We may know a little more after rivalry weekend, due to all the ACC/SEC teams matching up and creating more common opponents (not to mention FSU/UF), but at this point all we know is that Georgia rolled up Clemson, and FSU squeaked by Clemson with the backup QB. Doesn't really tell us that much.

Too address their lack of domination, see my earlier posts. Taking everyone's best shot every week is tough.

Mutt the Hoople
10-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Correction...2nd best player....and Dak has never raped a coed, stolen crab legs, and otherwise embarrassed his God, his family, or his school.