PDA

View Full Version : Deshawn Raymond

preachermatt83
10-30-2014, 09:20 PM
the 2015 4 star corner out of Louisiana will be making his decision tomorrow night. Most have him headed for LSU but he has been very close with Deshea Townsend since his trip to Starkville earlier this month. something to keep an eye on anyway.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 09:48 PM
the 2015 4 star corner out of Louisiana will be making his decision tomorrow night. Most have him headed for LSU but he has been very close with Deshea Townsend since his trip to Starkville earlier this month. something to keep an eye on anyway.

Deshea has been really close on several prospects but he just can't quite close the deal with these out of state DBs.

engie
10-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Deshea has been really close on several prospects but he just can't quite close the deal with these out of state DBs.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20141031-bhzz-57kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20141031-bhzz-57kb)

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=engie;279300]

Smitherman is a nice 3 star prospect. I was thinking more along the line of the 4 star and 5 star players he has been close on like Marlon Humphrey, Mack Alexander, Jalen Ramsey, and now Deshawn Raymond.

RougeDawg
10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20141031-bhzz-57kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/20141031-bhzz-57kb)

Who is simply committed to us!!! He got you preach!! 3+ months from signing day but you've been proven wrong by a 3* guy that's only committed.

Preach, we know what you meant. You were referring to Deshea being so close to these 4-5* upper tier guys, but just coming up short. He will snag one soon enough. You can't help that some on this board will reach and go to far fetched unprecedented lengths in attempts to prove someone wrong.

TUSK
10-30-2014, 10:43 PM
Damn, I didn't think *s mattered...

can't we all just get along?

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Damn, I didn't think *s mattered...

can't we all just get along?

I hear you Tusk. Our fan base believes Stars matter until they don't. Our coaching staff could correctly evaluate 99 or 100 prospects, but our fans would still believe 247 or Scout more.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Who is simply committed to us!!! He got you preach!! 3+ months from signing day but you've been proven wrong by a 3* guy that's only committed.

Preach, we know what you meant. You were referring to Deshea being so close to these 4-5* upper tier guys, but just coming up short. He will snag one soon enough. You can't help that some on this board will reach and go to far fetched unprecedented lengths in attempts to prove someone wrong.

Uh....take a gander at this dudes offer sheet.....

msstate7
10-30-2014, 10:54 PM
I hear you Tusk. Our fan base believes Stars matter until they don't. Our coaching staff could correctly evaluate 99 or 100 prospects, but our fans would still believe 247 or Scout more.
Well our staff is after a lot of these high star guys. If we could land these highly rated guys our coaches are after, we could be even better

TUSK
10-30-2014, 10:55 PM

that's ALL fanatics, daddio... when one gets "lesser" desired recruits, "stars don't matter"... when you're killin' it, IT "is overrated"...

I've always deferred to "I want who everyone else wants" rule...

I will say, however, Mullen's methodology in recruiting has me interested... there's just not as much margin for error...

TUSK
10-30-2014, 10:57 PM

damn, you,,,, ya beat me to the punch.

smootness
10-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Smitherman is a nice 3 star prospect. I was thinking more along the line of the 4 star and 5 star players he has been close on like Marlon Humphrey, Mack Alexander, Jalen Ramsey, and now Deshawn Raymond.

Well, look how at how many schools Townsend beat to get Smitherman. Regardless of his rating, that was a tough get.

And we would all love the guys you mentioned; at Mississippi State, it's extremely hard. To me, the fact that he's so close on these guys is a very good sign and should mean that as our national profile elevates, we start landing some.

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2014, 11:06 PM

I don't give two shits how many starzz "Joe the scout" from 247 gives that guy. If he's good enough for Jeremy Pruitt, Geoff Collins, and John Chavis to want on their team, then he's good enough for me too.

engie
10-30-2014, 11:12 PM

First -- learn to quote properly so I don't feel like I'm taking candy from a special needs kid every time I bother engaging your dumb ass.

So, you wanted Deshea to lock down 2 5* OOS guys(one of which isn't even a corner) in one month on the job here? Hoopsdawg pls. Humphrey is the only "miss" -- the dude whose dad played at and has a famous last name in Alabama. That is supposed to be your big "complaint" here?

Smitherman was the top rated 3* prospect in the country when he committed to us. Literally the highest possible rating to not be a 4*. He's been dinged this year and his "rating" reflects it. His overall talent level is reflected in his offer sheet -- and only one of you ****tards would try to disprove it and otherwise pull something out of your ass to bitch about.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, he was higher rated than Raymond. But he's obviously not elite while Raymond is**

engie
10-30-2014, 11:16 PM

Nevermind that I didn't even respond nor disagree with what was stated in the OP -- I just gave context to the fact that in my opinion, Townsend has already snagged one ELITE OOS TALENT.

Butthurt and straw man gotta butthurt and strawman though -- so get after it you ****tarded badass.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 11:29 PM
First -- learn to quote properly so I don't feel like I'm taking candy from a special needs kid every time I bother engaging your dumb ass.

So, you wanted Deshea to lock down 2 5* OOS guys(one of which isn't even a corner) in one month on the job here? Hoopsdawg pls. Humphrey is the only "miss" -- the dude whose dad played at and has a famous last name in Alabama. That is supposed to be your big "complaint" here?

Smitherman was the top rated 3* prospect in the country when he committed to us. Literally the highest possible rating to not be a 4*. He's been dinged this year and his "rating" reflects it. His overall talent level is reflected in his offer sheet -- and only one of you ****tards would try to disprove it and otherwise pull something out of your ass to bitch about.

As recently as a couple of weeks ago, he was higher rated than Raymond. But he's obviously not elite while Raymond is**

Uhh, get a grip loser. I wasn't even knocking Townsend. It's extremely tough to land highly rated DB's from out of state. I actually think it's an accomplishment to come so close. Maybe he will close the deal eventually if we keep getting in the game. P.S. You have some serious mental issues and I hope you are seeking help.

DistrictDawg92
10-31-2014, 12:18 AM
Well, look how at how many schools Townsend beat to get Smitherman. Regardless of his rating, that was a tough get.

And we would all love the guys you mentioned; at Mississippi State, it's extremely hard. To me, the fact that he's so close on these guys is a very good sign and should mean that as our national profile elevates, we start landing some.

Also, getting close with these high profile guys elevates are reputation in the area that these kids live. I'm sure all the good publicity we got with being in the race for Marlon Humphrey couldn't have hurt us help land the 5 Birmingham area commits we have. When the underclassmen recruits see the star recruits in their area that they look up to strongly considering State, naturally, they will give us a look too. Getting a kids LOI is not the only reason to recruit a kid.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 06:05 AM

let's not be ridiculous. nobody believes scout.

bulldawg28
10-31-2014, 06:59 AM
Raymond has given his word privately that he's a dawg and his mom loves State. He's been enjoying the process. We'll see if things have changed with him from the LSU pressure.

msstate7
10-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Raymond has given his word privately that he's a dawg and his mom loves State. He's been enjoying the process. We'll see if things have changed with him from the LSU pressure.

I hope you're right. Stealing him from lsu would be a big deal. I'm skeptical, but hopeful

maroonmania
10-31-2014, 08:45 AM

I would love, love to get him since secondary cover guys may be the biggest weakness on our entire team (aside from FG kicker). BUT, I just don't see where we have schollies to take all of these guys with the prospects we are after that we still feel good about in state? I know all the cliches of "it will work itself out" and "that's for the coaches to worry about" but it certainly is a head scratcher.

RougeDawg
10-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Point is. Has he sighed the dotted line yet? Which goes back to OP. Didn't think I needed to explain it any further. OP about us coming up short on high profile guys was not proven wrong by a guy committed. Long way to feb. The OP was attempted to be proven wrong my a "commit" who could sign with us or sign elsewhere. Guess I can only explain things. I can't understand them for everyone.

engie
10-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Also got a 4* LSU-committed All-American corner visiting MSU this weekend as well...

engie
10-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Point is. Has he sighed the dotted line yet? Which goes back to OP. Didn't think I needed to explain it any further. OP about us coming up short on high profile guys was not proven wrong by a guy committed. Long way to feb. The OP was attempted to be proven wrong my a "commit" who could sign with us or sign elsewhere. Guess I can only explain things. I can't understand them for everyone.

Did I quote or even comment on the OP? NO. Have you strawmanned that to death regardless even after I explained it to you in detail? Yes.

Everyone else can't understand simple shit for you.

engie
10-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Uhh, get a grip loser. I wasn't even knocking Townsend. It's extremely tough to land highly rated DB's from out of state. I actually think it's an accomplishment to come so close. Maybe he will close the deal eventually if we keep getting in the game. P.S. You have some serious mental issues and I hope you are seeking help.

If that was your goal, why did you flip out when I showed that I considered your statement incomplete? Why didn't you just agree that he had, in fact, gotten an elite OOS corner commit in this class that you had either forgotten about or overlooked -- and we all could have moved on without incident?

It was you and Rogue's dumb asses that flipped out and started an argument on the idea that Smitherman isn't elite -- not me. The potshots are hilarious as you call the kettle black and your wittle feewings get hurt in an argument that you started that was never intended to be an argument in the first place.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
I would love, love to get him since secondary cover guys may be the biggest weakness on our entire team (aside from FG kicker). BUT, I just don't see where we have schollies to take all of these guys with the prospects we are after that we still feel good about in state? I know all the cliches of "it will work itself out" and "that's for the coaches to worry about" but it certainly is a head scratcher.

Mullen said this week we can bring in 32 guys. We have 31 guys committed will prolly add another 3 or 4. Which would bring us to 34-35 guys. At least 3-5 guys will be grade casualties. Those guys will be placed but won't sign official MSU scholarship papers. The remaining will & there you go.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Back to Raymond the LSU 247 guys think it's TCU.

preachermatt83
10-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Mullen said this week we can bring in 32 guys. We have 31 guys committed will prolly add another 3 or 4. Which would bring us to 34-35 guys. At least 3-5 guys will be grade casualties. Those guys will be placed but won't sign official MSU scholarship papers. The remaining will & there you go.

we as of right now have 2 guys who are sign and place and 2 that are on the edge.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-31-2014, 11:31 AM
Yea I know it is cliche but the #'s really will work out & it's not as crazy as it looks or seems. We're also not going to sweep the board with our top prospects left either. As great as it would be just not gonna happen.

sandwolf
10-31-2014, 11:37 AM
If that was your goal, why did you flip out when I showed that I considered your statement incomplete? Why didn't you just agree that he had, in fact, gotten an elite OOS corner commit in this class that you had either forgotten about or overlooked -- and we all could have moved on without incident?

It was you and Rogue's dumb asses that flipped out and started an argument on the idea that Smitherman isn't elite -- not me. The potshots are hilarious as you call the kettle black and your wittle feewings get hurt in an argument that you started that was never intended to be an argument in the first place.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but he never flipped out. Honestly, I had to double check to make sure that it was you who had responded to his post and not Goat......

Tripp McNeely
10-31-2014, 11:47 AM
LSU already has 2 other CBs committed, and from the looks of theis 247 DB targets, a couple of other guys that are ranked higher than Raymond that they are still in on...1. Are we 100% that they'd take his commit? 2. If i'm Raymond (and I'm sure he and his family have done infinitely more reserahc than the 2 minutes it took me to look that up...plus, I'm sure DeShea's pointed it out once or twice), i like my chances of playing early better in Starkville.

PMDawg
10-31-2014, 12:04 PM

Look at that offer sheet. 3 star my ass.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-31-2014, 12:15 PM
LSU already has 2 other CBs committed, and from the looks of theis 247 DB targets, a couple of other guys that are ranked higher than Raymond that they are still in on...1. Are we 100% that they'd take his commit? 2. If i'm Raymond (and I'm sure he and his family have done infinitely more reserahc than the 2 minutes it took me to look that up...plus, I'm sure DeShea's pointed it out once or twice), i like my chances of playing early better in Starkville.

No he's a take. In fact they're surprised he hasn't committed by now & even more surprised he may not be picking LSU tonight.

defiantdog
10-31-2014, 01:35 PM
Smitherman is only a 3* because he's only 5'9".... take it for what it's worth

defiantdog
11-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Deshawn has committed to TCU

msstate7
11-01-2014, 08:43 AM

Move on to the next man...

whosyourdawgy
11-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Congrats to TCU and Raymond but like this weeks hype video said. " Done, on to the next one! "

Mutt the Hoople
11-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Don't blame him one bit. TCU is an outstanding school, with a very stable coaching staff (most have been there for over 15 years together). Academics is good, but your average Student-athlete can handle the workload. Tuition is $50,000/year, so he's getting paid at least $200,000 right off the bat. Also, TCU connections can get you some excellent jobs with benefits just out of school. Also, it's close to downtown and have some very nice neighborhoods surrounding it (hasn't deteriorated like many neighborhoods around Urban Universities have).

If it sounds like I'm a TCU fan as well, I am. Living out here near Ft. Worth, I wish I could win the Lottery so I could send my kids there.