PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:02 PM
good fu@king grief I'm so sick of this dude. Media is over saturating us with him. I want him to fall flat on his face so bad in Cleveland.

msstate7
10-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry it won't happen. I don't like him either, but he's too good.

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:11 PM
Most ridiculous opening game entrance I've ever seen just happened

IMissJack
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
good fu@king grief I'm so sick of this dude. Media is over saturating us with him. I want him to fall flat on his face so bad in Cleveland.

Not likely.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
What happened? I missed it

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Most ridiculous opening game entrance I've ever seen just happened

to be fair, it's completely your fault for watching it. & why I don't watch the nba. I try to like the Hawks and can't force myself to give a damn.

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:24 PM
What happened? I missed it

Insanity from the PA announcer, the 3D floor, the 30,000 glow bats, the music, the 2 minute long highlight video followed by more music leading upto LeBron doing the chalk toss while all the fans throw confetti in the air at the same time.

engie
10-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Might as well get used to it. You'll still be hearing about him 20 years from now...

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:25 PM
to be fair, it's completely your fault for watching it. & why I don't watch the nba. I try to like the Hawks and can't force myself to give a damn.

It's a historic moment and I've got 4 players playing in this game for Fan Duel

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Might as well get used to it. You'll still be hearing about him 20 years from now...

I was used to it when he was in Miami but holly shit it's been multiplied by 100 now.

Intramural All-American
10-30-2014, 07:49 PM
He's the prodigal son.

dawgoneyall
10-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Who?

Bucky Dog
10-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Hey Cadaver can we ban all NBA posts until January 13th?

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 08:54 PM

You serious?

Dawgface
10-30-2014, 08:57 PM
What is the NBA?

BeastMan
10-30-2014, 09:23 PM
In the world of the NBA, Lebron is probably the most likeable, friendly, best role model in the game. He's arguably the most unselfish player in the history of the game from a basketball standpoint. I cant fathom why anyone "couldn't stand him" unless of course he was lighting your team up.

engie
10-30-2014, 09:34 PM
In the world of the NBA, Lebron is probably the most likeable, friendly, best role model in the game. He's arguably the most unselfish player in the history of the game from a basketball standpoint. I cant fathom why anyone "couldn't stand him" unless of course he was lighting your team up.

Yepppp

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 09:37 PM

We SHOULD. If we have to move Premier League to the BS forum, NBA should have to be there too.

msstate7
10-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Until we get a player drafted into the nba, Nbe threads are off limits. Now Braves' threads are fine****

hailmari
10-30-2014, 11:02 PM

Bingo. Now, ESPN on the other hand...

thf24
10-30-2014, 11:28 PM
LeBron may be a little arrogant (who wouldn't be with his ability), but it's always seemed like it's the media who puts on the circus, and he just goes along with it as the path of least resistance to the court. It's annoying, but I hold it against the media, not LeBron. Other than a few sour stories here and there, LeBron seems like a pretty good guy.

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 11:54 PM
LeBron may be a little arrogant (who wouldn't be with his ability), but it's always seemed like it's the media who puts on the circus, and he just goes along with it as the path of least resistance to the court. It's annoying, but I hold it against the media, not LeBron. Other than a few sour stories here and there, LeBron seems like a pretty good guy.

He is everywhere. Commercials, interviews, ESPN. It never stops with him. Enough is never enough for him. We have been over saturated as consumers with the LeBron Brand.

thf24
10-30-2014, 11:59 PM
He is everywhere. Commercials, interviews, ESPN. It never stops with him. Enough is never enough for him. We have been over saturated as consumers with the LeBron Brand.

Sure, but again, is that really his fault? Or is it the media and his endorsements' fault? If a company offers to pay you millions of dollars for the right to use your name and face, are you really going to turn them down because they might overuse you?

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 12:01 AM
He needs to shave his head already. He's gonna have to wear a skull cap, ha.

I don't have any problem with LeBron. I have a problem with the media shoving 24 hours of Lebron down everyone's throat every day though. It's not LeBron's fault.

Dawg61
10-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Sure, but again, is that really his fault? Or is it the media and his endorsements' fault? If a company offers to pay you millions of dollars for the right to use your name and face, are you really going to turn them down because they might overuse you?

Yes it's ultimately his fault. It's his brand. He doesn't promote products that will damage his brand and that's smart but it also damages his brand to over due it. And he most certainly qualifies for over doing it. Coke and Bud Light don't run 7,000 ads on ESPN every day because that would have negative consequences for them. Same thing for LeBron should apply imo.

quickstrike2
10-31-2014, 08:36 AM
I don't even watch the NBA anymore because of the circus around Lebron. I don't have a favorite team, but I have just never been a fan of Lebron. I will give him his due, he will be one of the best ever. Gary Danielson's love of Nick Saban is nothing compared to the ESPN love of Lebron. So I chose not to watch, to each his own.

BeastMan
10-31-2014, 09:02 AM

I see what your saying but there is a big reason for his "over saturation". He arguably the most marketable athlete in the world.

Covercorner2
10-31-2014, 09:08 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/promo?r=/nba/eye-on-basketball/24775372/lebron-james-cavs-opener-is-one-of-the-biggest-sporting-events-ever&c=sc

He was quoted saying last night was one of the "biggest sporting events...ever." But, yea, he's not arrogant or selfish and it's all the media's fault. No self-promotion going on here....

SaltyDawg
10-31-2014, 10:50 AM

Dawg61 must be a Kobe fan..

engie
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM
What's he "overdoing"?

Fact is -- this very thread complaining is "promoting" LeBron's brand. You want it to go away? Don't watch or listen. I don't give a crap about the NBA -- and when the discussion is on, I turn the channel or tune it out. Modern technology is such that you don't actually have to subject yourself to anything entertainment-wise that you don't want to. Even the commercials...

DudyDawg
10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
Yes it's ultimately his fault. It's his brand. He doesn't promote products that will damage his brand and that's smart but it also damages his brand to over due it. And he most certainly qualifies for over doing it. Coke and Bud Light don't run 7,000 ads on ESPN every day because that would have negative consequences for them. Same thing for LeBron should apply imo.

I don't think TNT and ESPN running NBA commercials all featuring lebron to get people to watch their channel is his idea. Get over yourself

DudyDawg
Its 2014, who even watches commercials anyways

BeastMan
"This is probably one of the biggest sporting events that's up there ever."

I assumed he was talking about Cleveland and if he was, is he wrong? Tell me a moment in Cleveland sports history that is bigger.

Covercorner2, tell me one thing that makes Lebron selfish? You realize he has taken pay cuts everywhere he's ever been so the franchise can surround him with a better team? He is the exact opposite of selfish. Selfish is the max contracts that Kobe, Melo, Howard, etc... take. If you don't like Lebron that's fine but when you say he's "selfish" when literally everything he's done in his career suggest otherwise.... (Don't respond with "the decision" is why he's selfish. Blame ESPN and people for watching")

When you look at professional athletes across the board, there is a lot of qualities that aren't to be desired. Lebron is the most marketable guy in sports b/c he's friendly, a family guy, not selfish in a bball & monetary sense, and has a keen self awareness that most athletes don't. It's interesting b/c the 2 groups of the most outspoken Lebron haters are MJ fans or Kobe fans. They always seem to attack Bron's character when we know about the multiple scandals Kobe has been through and the numerous amounts of players and execs who have spoken out about Kobe and how he isn't a good guy to be around. MJ was much of the same. Not to mention that MJ was a degenerate gambler and it has been documented as well as led to speculation that is why he retired early for a bit and could have played a role in his dad's murder.

MJ story- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/131997-mjs-1st-retirement-was-it-a-secret-suspension

Kobe story- http://deadspin.com/anonymous-nba-agents-nobody-wants-to-play-with-kobe-br-1648725291