PDA

View Full Version : Is FSU -3.5 the biggest sucker bet of all time...

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 04:55 PM
or easy money?

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 04:58 PM
It's either a FSU blowout or a Louisville win in my opinion. Louisville straight up pays more, so if I had to choose, I'd take a gamble on the Cards tonight.

That's what I did with my VCash anyway, ha.

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2014, 05:01 PM
I think it's close enough for me to not be comfortable in either direction. FSU has issues, UL is 2-0 vs top 5 teams at home. Then there is petrino, so who knows?

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I think it's close enough for me to not be comfortable in either direction. FSU has issues, UL is 2-0 vs top 5 teams at home. Then there is petrino, so who knows?

I just can't believe a team with FSU's talent and Winston at QB can't beat a team who lost to Virginia. But this line is Vegas just begging for the public to load up on the Nole's. Kind of reminds me of Bama -4 vs Ole Miss and we know how that turned out. But I really don't think Louisville is as good as Ole Missus.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
I just can't believe a team with FSU's talent and Winston at QB can't beat a team who lost to Virginia. But this line is Vegas just begging for the public to load up on the Nole's. Kind of reminds me of Bama -4 vs Ole Miss and we know how that turned out. But I really don't think Louisville is as good as Ole Missus.

Strange things happen on Thursday nights

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 05:13 PM
I took the money line on Louisville and put them in a teaser with Georgia Southern tonight. Not much cash, but should make it interesting.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I took the money line on Louisville and put them in a teaser with Georgia Southern tonight. Not much cash, but should make it interesting.

Why the confidence in UL? Just curious.

dawgs
10-30-2014, 05:17 PM

But I don't think f$u is as good as Bama either.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 05:19 PM
But I don't think f$u is as good as Bama either.

I haven't gotten a chance to study them. I guess I will stay away.

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Why the confidence in UL? Just curious.

FSU has had a lot of distractions this week. It hasn't bothered Winston so far, but the rest of team must be starting to feel it if their coach is lashing out. Plus, Thursday night home dogs against Petrino just smells like a recipe for an upset.

I took the teaser as a minor hedge to offset the loss. I'm not sure Louisville will win, but I also don't think they will lose by 9.

I might be wrong, but that's gambling, right?

Smitty
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Lost a chunk on Louisville-Rutgers quite a few years back on Thursday.. I stay away from Thursdays.

Bucky Dog
10-30-2014, 05:54 PM
The line started at 8.5 if I'm not mistaken so Vegas is hoping for a Noles win big time!!

engie
10-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Louisville also gets back DeVante Parker tonight, who may have been the #1 returning receiver in FBS prior to injury before the start of the year....

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 07:49 PM
I haven't gotten a chance to study them. I guess I will stay away.

Good call Gents. If this continues as is, FSU may eliminate themselves from playoff contention.

archdog
10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Look8ng good so far.

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Look8ng good so far.

Much football to play. Louisville has to get a stop to start the half.

HoopsDawg
10-30-2014, 10:25 PM
I hate all of you.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
I hate all of you.

Haha, that's why it's called "gambling" instead of "winning"

If Louisville had one player with a set of nuts, we'd have all won money tonight. The win was there for the taking, but Louisville choked it away.

codeDawg
10-31-2014, 08:44 AM
I hate all of you.

Well, the good news (for me) is that Georgia Southern covered. That was my money bet.

Louisville gave that game away with QB play in the 4th. The same kid that was slinging it around pretty good in the 1st half, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the 4th quarter. LB's on defense really gave it away too. They got no pressure on blitz packages and the missed tackle on that sweep was just a killer.

If we get a shot at them, Collins better just bring the heat the whole game. Winston is great at early reads, but will obviously take stupid risks. They are not a threat on defense. UM would destroy them between the vulnerable defense and knucklehead throws, but they aren't going to get the chance.

maroonmania
10-31-2014, 08:46 AM
or easy money?

Guess it was a sucker bet.