PDA

View Full Version : "Doctor" on SPS says Ready is injured, and Bloodman is too.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 04:47 PM
According to him, Ready is hurt and out about 2 weeks, and Bloodman is on crutches and out a week or so. Here's his quote...

madisonmd
Ready is hurt again, Bloodman is on crutches. Friends son talked to Bloodman this week. Ready out 2 weeks and Bloodman out 1 week per player. He says sword out 4 more weeks.

If so, that isn't long enough to hurt us too bad, but it sucks to alREADY see Ready injured.

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/sports/leafs/2012/03/24/perkins_longsuffering_maple_leaf_fans_may_finally_ have_reached_their_limit/leaffans.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

BeardoMSU
10-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Wow....there goes our chance to play in the big dance******

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2014, 05:23 PM
Big dance, little dance, square dance out at old man Higgens' barn.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Wow....there goes our chance to play in the big dance******

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xMxbaRsju2I/ULTujZecAcI/AAAAAAAAAm4/0y2I585fYeA/s320/stirring+pot.jpg

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 05:32 PM
almost had the entire SEC right where we wanted them.***

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 05:33 PM
almost had the entire SEC right where we wanted them.***

+1

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Stans sure sucks......oh wait......never mind.

engie
10-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Isn't he the same one that's blown quite a few injuries out of proportion? Seems like I remember something about him blowing up the story on Dak's turf toe...

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Isn't he the same one that's blown quite a few injuries out of proportion? Seems like I remember something about him blowing up the story on Dak's turf toe...

don't know. very easily could be. seems like he'd be interested in injuries, being a "doctor" and all.

BeardoMSU
10-30-2014, 05:46 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xMxbaRsju2I/ULTujZecAcI/AAAAAAAAAm4/0y2I585fYeA/s320/stirring+pot.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/starcrush.com/files/2013/06/j-8.gif

gtowndawg
10-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Just wait and see **

IMissJack
10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Is there something about the way Ray practices the team that lends to injuries? I've never seen so many injuries to one basketball team in 3 years.

Percho
10-30-2014, 06:12 PM
They are going to have to stop trying running through those brick walls!

Coach34
10-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Could we get a beat reporter on this? Seems like every couple of days we have more players injured- the legend is growing and growing

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Could we get a beat reporter on this? Seems like every couple of days we have more players injured- the legend is growing and growing

I heard Rick Ray tore 3 of his own ACLs.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 06:20 PM
I heard Rick Ray tore 3 of his own ACLs.

http://www.rivalart.com/clipart-kits/mascot-clipart/Chief-Mascots/full/AR5-Chief-09-RQ.png

MabenMaroon
10-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Who is this Doctor???

Coach34
10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Who is this Doctor???

an anti-Ray guy...he could very well be correct, but I want some other source to confirm before believing it

sleepy dawg
10-30-2014, 07:04 PM
We can just put in the 1B team.

Dawg61
10-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Is there something about the way Ray practices the team that lends to injuries? I've never seen so many injuries to one basketball team in 3 years.

Maybe it's how he's teaching shooting fundamentals? "Shoot with your ACL"****

JOHNHEVESYMADE
10-31-2014, 07:07 AM
I ran into Trivante myself as well. He confirmed the same story and was on crutches. This was on Wednesday. He said he's out for about a week and IJ is out for two weeks with a back injury. Chickens injury of course has been publicized. All I know is this, it's not good to start the season with all of your pg's banged up. At some point you have to look at our training/conditioning and ask what's wrong. All these injuries are not normal.....

Coach34
10-31-2014, 07:18 AM
I agree this many injuries is not normal.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 07:19 AM
We can just put in the 1B team.

we are a 1B team.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 07:21 AM
I ran into Trivante myself as well. He confirmed the same story and was on crutches. This was on Wednesday. He said he's out for about a week and IJ is out for two weeks with a back injury. Chickens injury of course has been publicized. All I know is this, it's not good to start the season with all of your pg's banged up. At some point you have to look at our training/conditioning and ask what's wrong. All these injuries are not normal.....

I agree it's not normal, but people can't blame it on Ray. It's just a freak occurrence.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 07:33 AM
we are a 1B team.

More like a 1C team. And for SEC standards, that's pretty damn bad....

Schultzy
10-31-2014, 07:58 AM
More like a 1C team. And for SEC standards, that's pretty damn bad....

How do you know?

Coach34
10-31-2014, 08:15 AM
How do you know?

Because it's obvious. If Ray can't win with only 7 players the last 2 years- how do you expect
him to win with some depth finally?

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-31-2014, 08:33 AM
They have to condition hard and they have to go live in practice, especially prior to the season. Otherwise they won't be ready to play anyway. I don't know why we have so many injuries, and perhaps Coach Ray needs to consult with some sports medicine experts to determine if there is anything they can do differently in practice to alleviate the injury issues without taking away from getting ready to play the season, but you can't just "blame Ray". Maybe we need a new medical training staff for the basketball team.

quickstrike2
10-31-2014, 08:44 AM
As a fan, Ray needs some good things to happen this year. I can give him the benefit of the doubt, but something encouraging really needs to develop this year to keep the faith.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-31-2014, 08:45 AM
I see Chicken twice a week. He seems to be recovering just fine. He was in class, with little to no pain, 2 days after his surgery. I'm sure he'll miss a couple of games, but don't let people blow stuff out of proportion.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
The defense of Rick Ray is interesting to me. Although we all knew it was time for Stans to go, I feel like there is this strong "need" within our fan base to defend Rick Ray since our fans were so instrumental in the forcing out of Stansbury. Maybe that has nothing to do with it, but I know if we had any other coach that put that kind of product on the court, seemed so in over his head, and couldn't even field a full team 3 seasons in....they wouldn't be defended like this. It's ok for people to call a turd a turd....and currently our bball program is a steaming one. Just because some people are going to wait until he actually proves something before praising him, doesn't make them wrong or a bad fan. I can promise you they are still pulling hard for MSU basketball, whether they think Ray can turn it around or not.

And before you bring up Cohen....yes, we had some dipshits questioning Cohen early on and we (I) called them out. But that was different because Cohen had proven he could get it done. So far, all Ray has proven is that we can hustle and lose....and he's being compensated well for that losing. So until we start seeing wins, you can't tell people they're dumb for thinking this may have been a terrible hire. Fair or not, it's about wins. And we're already starting to see built in excuses for why we can't, yet again, win in the shitty SEC.

Ray had a bad situation to turn around, no doubt. But it's year 3, and people are ready to quit hearing about 3 years ago, and injuries, and other shit, and start seeing some wins. You can't blame people for that. And I, like many others, am very skeptical that Ray will ever be able to get us wins. So far, he has no proven experience of winning....he isn't proving to be some great recruiter....and for whatever reason we can't keep anybody healthy. So what the hell are you guys that want to defend Ray so much expecting people to hang there hat on right now? Ray may get it done, but as of right now, all signs point to it not happening. That may change this year and I hope it does. But quit trying to jump on people for calling a spade a spade.

This whole "company line" of having to pump Rick Ray Sunshine until 4-5 years out, is bullshit. And if this were any other coach with Ray's lack of proven or current success, you folks wouldn't be defending like this IMO. Not sure why you feel the need to defend Ray. Win and people will quit questioning your ability. Until then, you get what anyone else would get...a bunch of people wondering if you can get it done. That's how most of our jobs work too, and we aren't making millions. Ray doesn't need sunshine, rainbows, and a bunch of people making excuses for him. Win, or GTFO. This is the SEC, this ain't Intramural's, brother.

TheRef
10-31-2014, 09:50 AM
Honestly, this is the year for him to put up some numbers or GTFO. I'm all for giving Ray his due diligence, but if I don't see a marked improvement in the team this year I'll be calling for his head with as much fervor as I did Stansbury. I'll be no-holds-barred for it if he doesn't improve. Now the real question is what do you consider enough improvement? .500? Competing in the top half of the SEC? Winning all OOC games? Postseason tournament? Once we settle on what is "improvement" for the fanbase, then we can easily determine whether or not he has done enough to save his job.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Honestly, this is the year for him to put up some numbers or GTFO. I'm all for giving Ray his due diligence, but if I don't see a marked improvement in the team this year I'll be calling for his head with as much fervor as I did Stansbury. I'll be no-holds-barred for it if he doesn't improve. Now the real question is what do you consider enough improvement? .500? Competing in the top half of the SEC? Winning all OOC games? Postseason tournament? Once we settle on what is "improvement" for the fanbase, then we can easily determine whether or not he has done enough to save his job.

I agree. In my opinion, if we aren't at least debating whether we'll be in the NIT the last few games of the year.....Bye. I really think we should make the NIT though. If he can't even sniff the NIT in this weak conference after 3 seasons, piss on the fire and call the dogs.

Coach34
10-31-2014, 10:04 AM
That's the problem with the Ray opposition:

To anybody that knows basketball, we look well coached. We have a plan on offense and defense and it's easy to see. Our problem has been the lack of players and talent. Yes, Ray is responsible for that as well- and this season there are no more passes

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 10:09 AM
To anybody that knows basketball, we look well coached.

Oh...you mean that part where we shoot FT's, rebound, box out, advance the ball, set screens, hit 3's, etc.?

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 10:14 AM

To anybody that knows basketball, we look well coached. We have a plan on offense and defense and it's easy to see. Our problem has been the lack of players and talent. Yes, Ray is responsible for that as well- and this season there are no more passes

I'm sure Mississippi College is well coached, but they aren't going to beat SEC, ACC, Pac12 teams. Win. Until he wins, all this other shit about injuries, needing more talent, so and so looks great in the practice videos, etc...is simply window dressing. You can only hide behind all that stuff for so long when you're a D1 coach making millions.

And until he wins, why are people stupid for wondering if he can? He has never proven he can win. Hell, he really wasn't even an assistant on any great teams. So not only has HE never proven he can win....he hasn't even really been around a program that has proven it either. Yet people want to bash people for having doubts? Garbage.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm sure Mississippi College is well coached, but they aren't going to beat SEC, ACC, Pac12 teams. Win. Until he wins, all this other shit about injuries, needing more talent, so and so looks great in the practice videos, etc...is simply window dressing. You can only hide behind all that stuff for so long when you're a D1 coach making millions.

And until he wins, why are people stupid for wondering if he can? He has never proven he can win.

Exactly. If he wins 20 or so games this year, pulls Malik Newman, then I'll start to believe, but he has to show me something. All people have ever said is "once Ray gets depth, then we'll see what he can do". Well, he's got depth (or he did at least...which is another issue entirely), so put up or shut up; with the schedule we have this year, I don't want to hear any excuses. We play a shamefully easy OOC slate, one that even if we win them all, we'll still have an RPI in the 200's (*****) most likely

And "playing with heart" isn't the same thing as "being well coached" in the proper techniques of basketball.

engie
10-31-2014, 10:21 AM

Exactly.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 10:23 AM
And "playing with heart" isn't the same thing as "being well coached" in the proper techniques of basketball.

Exactly. I'm afraid some of our local "experts" get these two confused a lot.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-31-2014, 10:26 AM

And until he wins, why are people stupid for wondering if he can? He has never proven he can win. Hell, he really wasn't even an assistant on any great teams. So not only has HE never proven he can win....he hasn't even really been around a program that has proven it either. Yet people want to bash people for having doubts? Garbage.

I don't think anyone is saying anyone is stupid for wondering if he can get it done. Its the same song and dance from both sides for going on 3 years now: Pro-Ray folks get upset because the other side has never given the guy a chance. Anti-Ray folks are upset that Ray is here at all, for whatever reason. Bottom line: At this very moment and time, there are no more excuses. He either wins or he doesn't and we will move on. It's that simple and I haven't seen anyone that is saying anything different than that.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
And on top of all of that....I just feel like we've still got an interim coach. He speaks and acts like he is an assistant trying to play the role of head coach IMO. I remember people comparing him to Cuonzo Martin, but in my opinion Cuonzo carried himself more like a Head man than Ray has early on. I guess I just see a lack of confidence, and too many excuses so far...and it reminds me of Croom a little.

Hopefully a deeper roster and a little better talent will bring more confidence and better results this year. I would love nothing more than to be dead wrong about Ray. I'll pull for him like hell this year, and we'll see what happens. But I also won't sugarcoat things if they're bad, just like none of us sugarcoat things in other sports when they're bad either. Excuse train needs to pull out of town in year 3

quickstrike2
10-31-2014, 10:33 AM
I don't think anyone is saying anyone is stupid for wondering if he can get it done. Its the same song and dance from both sides for going on 3 years now: Pro-Ray folks get upset because the other side has never given the guy a chance. Anti-Ray folks are upset that Ray is here at all, for whatever reason. Bottom line: At this very moment and time, there are no more excuses. He either wins or he doesn't and we will move on. It's that simple and I haven't seen anyone that is saying anything different than that.

Yep, year 3. Like him or dislike him the grace period has passed. No excuses.

engie
10-31-2014, 10:34 AM

Why can't we as a cumulative fanbase actually give him that opportunity before flipping out at every opportunity? I guess me flipping out on people for flipping out isn't productive either -- so I'm guilty.

"Having doubts" is different from "having your mind made up and bashing him nonstop". No one is complaining about "doubts" that we all have on some level -- it's the next 2 step that some have been taking since before day 1 that is the problem IMO. That's why there is no glaring opposition to you/Hack's approach on Ray -- because your approach at least makes sense and is reasonable even if there is still disagreement from some of us at this time.

This year is a clean slate that's going to show us one way or another. For one, I either hope he overachieves or drastically underachieves, and the "experiment/argument" ends this season. I just want a clear answer to get at least an 80/20 split in prevailing thought. Worst case scenario is a 15-16 win year which is virtually no improvement, followed by getting Newman, followed by an extension, followed by more arguing and division among a fanbase that badly needs to be united -- as the "other" team in the state that's been our basketball bitches for 50 years get ready to open a brand new basketball arena and have continually improved in little increments to the point they can actually challenge us longterm in the sport. We have to unite if we are going to beat them back into basketball submission...

I don't care what happens with Ray either way. I'm not vested in him personally. I want to see him succeed because he's our coach -- and because it basically makes our AD a genius with huge cahunas instead of the inverse for going out on the limb with the hire. I've seen enough from gameplanning, preparation, adjustments, etc to KNOW that he is a very good floor coach/basketball mind. One of the best in the conference in that regard. Time will tell if Ray has enough Stansbury in him to get the players needed to actually make a run. This year goes a long way for that. The honeymoon is over -- time to show us something.

I expect to be in the NIT conversation this year. If we aren't, I'll be ready to go another direction. NIT contention is still not what I would consider successful. He's had enough time to get us back to Stansbury standards -- and that's my expectation going forward. It will not change for Ray.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Why can't we as a cumulative fanbase actually give him that opportunity before flipping out at every opportunity? I guess me flipping out on people for flipping out isn't productive either -- so I'm guilty.

"Having doubts" is different from "having your mind made up and bashing him nonstop". No one is complaining about "doubts" that we all have on some level -- it's the next 2 step that some have been taking since before day 1 that is the problem IMO. That's why there is no glaring opposition to you/Hack's approach on Ray -- because your approach at least makes sense and is reasonable even if there is still disagreement from some of us at this time.

This year is a clean slate that's going to show us one way or another. For one, I either hope he overachieves or drastically underachieves, and the "experiment/argument" ends this season. I just want a clear answer to get at least an 80/20 split in prevailing thought. Worst case scenario is a 15-16 win year which is virtually no improvement, followed by getting Newman, followed by an extension, followed by more arguing and division among a fanbase that badly needs to be united -- as the "other" team in the state that's been our basketball bitches for 50 years get ready to open a brand new basketball arena and have continually improved in little increments to the point they can actually challenge us longterm in the sport. We have to unite if we are going to beat them back into basketball submission...

I don't care what happens with Ray either way. I'm not vested in him personally. I want to see him succeed because he's our coach -- and because it basically makes our AD a genius with huge cahunas instead of the inverse for going out on the limb with the hire. I've seen enough from gameplanning, preparation, adjustments, etc to KNOW that he is a very good floor coach/basketball mind. One of the best in the conference in that regard. Time will tell if Ray has enough Stansbury in him to get the players needed to actually make a run. This year goes a long way for that. The honeymoon is over -- time to show us something.

I expect to be in the NIT conversation this year. If we aren't, I'll be ready to go another direction. NIT contention is still not what I would consider successful. He's had enough time to get us back to Stansbury standards -- and that's my expectation going forward. It will not change for Ray.

I can agree with that. I just think there is very, very, few that have the "mind made up and bashing him constantly" mindset. I think those that do are just frustrated, and in all likelihood, are just huge bball fans that are depressed because our program has taken such a spiral. Wins can cure all though, no doubt. I agree

engie
10-31-2014, 10:49 AM

Oh...you mean that part where we shoot FT's, rebound, box out, advance the ball, set screens, hit 3's, etc.?

FT - Improved slightly from year 1 to year 2.
Rebounding - Same from year 1 to year 2. Wanna lay odds on this being drastically improved this year simply based on size/bodies?
Boxing out - Size matters. 6'2 can "box out" 6'6 all it wants and still lose battles. Especially when 6'2 is playing on dead legs for the 4th week in a row and 6'6 is fresh. Comes back to #2.
Advance the ball - Turnover rate improved drastically from year 1 to year 2. If we see the same improvement again, we're top 50 in the country in this regard.
Hit 3's - Improved drastically from year 1 to year 2.

Looking past win/loss at the actual stats -- there was improvement across the board from year 1 to year 2. Formidable improvement in most metrics. Enough that IF we see the same amount of improvement again, we're right where we need to be...

TimberBeast
10-31-2014, 10:52 AM
...I feel like there is this strong "need" within our fan base to defend Rick Ray since our fans were so instrumental in the forcing out of Stansbury.

This is really all you needed to say. With many of our "fans" there isn't much more to it than that.

Coach34
10-31-2014, 11:10 AM
Rebounding - Same from year 1 to year 2. Wanna lay odds on this being drastically improved this year simply based on size/bodies?
Boxing out - Size matters. 6'2 can "box out" 6'6 all it wants and still lose battles. Especially when 6'2 is playing on dead legs for the 4th week in a row and 6'6 is fresh. Comes back to #2.
Advance the ball - Turnover rate improved drastically from year 1 to year 2. If we see the same improvement again, we're top 50 in the country in this regard.

Looking past win/loss at the actual stats -- there was improvement across the board from year 1 to year 2. Formidable improvement in most metrics. Enough that IF we see the same amount of improvement again, we're right where we need to be...

Engie- there you go with those facts again

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Stanz was our Houston Nutt. After 10 years or whatever he wore out his welcome although he was above average. Difference is, Arkansas hired Petrino and we hired Croom.

And f*ck everyone who says I make that comparison because of race. I make the comparison because it's a good one. Neither were true head coaching candidates, and both were hired to clean up a program, with the off chance they might win a few games. Until proven otherwise, the comparison is 100% accurate.

That's about as objective as you can get.

Political Hack
10-31-2014, 11:55 AM
win and all is cured.

tcdog70
10-31-2014, 12:03 PM

He doesn't know how to attack a 1-3-1--. Is that his Plan? We don't look well coached. He set a record for losing, in what you called a Shitty SEC. So wake the **** up and see the Truth.

Spider-Man
10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Postseason or bust for me. No more 10+ losing streaks please.

thf24
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM
He doesn't know how to attack a 1-3-1--.

I thought you had moved past this asinine party line. Of course he knows how to attack a 1-3-1. Google can tell you how to attack a 1-3-1. You can know everything there is to know about a 1-3-1, or any other zone defense, and still look helpless against it if you don't have consistent shooters (somewhat remedied this year) or enough size to match up down low (fully remedied this year). Criticize him for the lack of depth in regards to this subject if you must, but you can't knock his coaching when he didn't have the pieces necessary to apply it.

Coach34
10-31-2014, 12:36 PM
I thought you had moved past this asinine party line. Of course he knows how to attack a 1-3-1. Google can tell you how to attack a 1-3-1. You can know everything there is to know about a 1-3-1, or any other zone defense, and still look helpless against it if you don't have consistent shooters (somewhat remedied this year) or enough size to match up down low (fully remedied this year). Criticize him for the lack of depth in regards to this subject if you must, but you can't knock his coaching when he didn't have the pieces necessary to apply it.

Thank you for spelling it our for him...bless his heart

tcdog70
10-31-2014, 03:00 PM
well shit, somebody needs to show Rick how to goggle. How do you know our shitty shooting is remedied? they have not shot yet. i'm so stupid for not seeing the greatness of Rick Ray. it is mighty funny that the media and the other coaches voted his "MUCH IMPROVED" team last in a Coach proclaimed shitty SEC. keep on drinking the Koolaid.

Coach34
10-31-2014, 03:07 PM
The SEC is much improved over 5 years ago

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 03:18 PM

FT% - 66% (2013), 66% (2014)...thats a push
FG% - 40% (2013), 44% (2014)....slight improvement
Ass./TO - minus 7 per game (2013), minus 2 per game (2014)....I don't think I'd call that drastic improvement, but is better
3pt% - 28% (2013), 31% (2014).....slight improvement
Made 3's - 151 (2013), 154 (2014).....yeah, an extra 3 made trey's...."drastic improvement" alright....
Rebounds - 33 per game (2013), 33 per game (2014)....push

Also worth noting, is the point guards we're talking about (Bloodman, Ready), averaged 2.5 and 2.7 assists a game, respectively.
The motion in our "motion offense" is abysmal. Aren't PG's supposed to make their teammates better by getting them the ball? Finding them open shots? I'm sure their numbers are just skewed because our spot-up shooters missed all their shots******

Reference sited:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/344/year/2013/mississippi-st-bulldogs

tcdog70
10-31-2014, 03:20 PM

based on what?--cause you said so, and some of your minions backed you up. get Engie to do some obscure stats and thf24 to say yeah-what Coach said. That will make you feel better.--Bless Your heart

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 03:22 PM
LOLZZZ what a troll

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 03:23 PM

KY and FL are the cream. Mizzu and TN (don't know what TN will be like without Conzo, tho) are next. Bruce will have AUB in the NCAA within 2 years.

The rest of the SEC is absolutely horrid. I'd rather watch hockey than SEC b-ball, and I hate 17'n hockey, and love 17'n basketball...go figure....

BeardoMSU
10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
LOLZZZ what a troll

Goat, I liked your Senior Esteban Vihaio avatar; why'd you change it?

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM
"For our fans, when I got hired, they were saying, "Boy, if we start winning games, you'll sell out the stadium and things will be great." It actually works in the reverse. You sell out the stadium, you create this game day environment, you're going to start winning football games. Our fans really bought into it. They bought into their role and their responsibility in making our team successful." - Dan Mullen

I want to know what our basketball team can do with a home-court advantage.

I had season tickets in the M Austin/L Roberts days, was a student Stansbury's last 4 years, & attending a game at The Hump was always an awesome experience. I was not around for year 1 of RR, but I attended quite a few games last year, and did not recognize what The Hump had become. I brought several people to The Hump for their first college basketball game, and was embarrassed by the lack of atmosphere. I tried explaining what The Hump was like for me growing up, and described the scene when the 2010 Kentucky team visited. Meanwhile, as our crowd was being drowned out by Georgia fans from Booneville, I might as well have been telling them the sky used to be lime green.

I'm not defending Rick Ray. What I want is for our players, the recruits, and this coaching staff, to have the experience of a home-court advantage at The Hump. How can we expect to sign Malik Newman when he is visiting a big-ass empty gym? As Dan Mullen has proven, the fans play a large role in success. How many more games could this team have won with an actual fan base supporting them? We've already seen how many games they can win IN SPITE of a divided, apathetic, and in many cases, ill-willed fan base. If you aren't willing to buy into your "role and responsibility in making our team successful" NOW, then what pride or responsibility can you claim for any FUTURE success?

Goat Holder
10-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Goat, I liked your Senior Esteban Vihaio avatar; why'd you change it?

I figured the troll was more fitting. Plus I like to switch it up.

thf24
10-31-2014, 04:14 PM
How do you know our shitty shooting is remedied? they have not shot yet.

Ok, how do you know we're going to be so terrible before we've played? Since you're comfortable in assuming that Ray is a terrible coach and we're going to be just as bad as the past two years, then I'm comfortable in assuming that since we're returning Fred, who shot close to 40% in the final 10 games last year, adding Dunlap, who was a lights out shooter in high school, and adding Daniels, who shot well enough in JUCO to at least demand attention on the perimeter and has supposedly further improved his shooting in his time here so far, we're going to make a few more shots than we did last year. Add in IJ (assuming he can stay healthy, I know...), and hope we can get half the huge jump in 3pt percentage from Chicken this year that he made last year, and we'll be a serviceable shooting team.