PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought: This will be the first home game we get to watch the dawgs as the #1

MaroonState
10-30-2014, 02:09 PM
team in the country. I'm usually not that big into rankings but that's pretty sweet.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, it is cool, but I'm kinda over the whole number 1 thing. We enjoyed and celebrated, but now this team has much bigger goals in their sights. If they want to reach those goals they must get that chip back on their shoulder and play hungry again.

That's what I'm looking forward to seeing Saturday.

Homedawg
10-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it is cool, but I'm kinda over the whole number 1 thing. We enjoyed and celebrated, but now this team has much bigger goals in their sights. If they want to reach those goals they must get that chip back on their shoulder and play hungry again.

That's what I'm looking forward to seeing Saturday.
Well said

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Just win. The ranking means nothing till the end of the season. I've been involved in this on the HS level several times, both where we won it all and where we faltered down the stretch ( a couple of times at the last hurdle). Trust me, you don't remember any ranking but the final one.

MaroonState
10-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. I agree with you guys. That's why I stated I'm not usually into rankings. Just thought it was kind of a neat deal. Told a friend before the UK game I wouldn't mind winning against them then losing the #1 ranking so it would help the team refocus. And take the the pressure off.