PDA

View Full Version : Stoops looked devastated this week in interviews

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 11:37 AM
I think he really thought he had a good game plan against us. He had Dak scouted really well and kept him from totally taking over, but it's hard to keep both Dak and JRob contained. The 1b's let them back in the game several times, but we kept them just far enough out of reach the whole game.

It will be interesting to see what they do this weekend against Mizzu. That's a team they can beat, but if the team feels like Stoops looked this week, it's going to be tough for them to get up for it on the road.

I felt kind of bad for the guy. I think he invested a lot in that game. He looked like he was on the verge of either crying or going off the whole interview.

Westdawg
10-30-2014, 11:41 AM
i think, after breaking down film, he saw how vastly overmatched they really were and the only reason that they even sniffed their score was because we were mass subbing second stringers the entire game. getting beat is one thing. to know that the opponent was in a way, just toying with you like a cat does a mouse before it finally kills it.....that is gut-wrenching

Goat Holder
10-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Everybody is hatin' on the 1Bs, but do none of you realize a great athletics performance when you see it? You must give Patrick Towles credit.

TrapGame
10-30-2014, 11:55 AM
I hope Beliema is pretty depressed next week too.

thf24
10-30-2014, 12:30 PM
i think, after breaking down film, he saw how vastly overmatched they really were and the only reason that they even sniffed their score was because we were mass subbing second stringers the entire game. getting beat is one thing. to know that the opponent was in a way, just toying with you like a cat does a mouse before it finally kills it.....that is gut-wrenching

My thoughts exactly. That realization after the emotion poured out in a game you thought you were in at the time has got to be tough.

drunkernhelldawg
10-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Everybody is hatin' on the 1Bs, but do none of you realize a great athletics performance when you see it? You must give Patrick Towles credit.

Winner

mstatefan91
10-30-2014, 12:47 PM

Do you not realize that it was on the second string. Great performance? Yes. Against our first string defense? No.

They reviewed the film and realized that they are about on par with our second string. That has got to be demoralizing.

Westdawg
10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Goat, i think Towles is a stud at QB. and i won't lie....i want him in our offense. kid is freaky good. And it is because of him alone that i will go ahead and make my call for winner of the SEC-East next year ---------KENTUCKY. heck, they may win it this year. but i truly believe that if Stoops hangs around another year, and they find a good downhill RB to compliment Towles, Kentucky will be on top of many lists to win the East next year. Book it.

Goat Holder
10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
I agree. I figure they'll go 6-6 this year, maybe 7-5 if they can clip Georgia. Next year, they have 8 home games. I think that'll be the year they rise up and Stoops will cash in.