PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss next QB????

BeastMan
10-30-2014, 09:35 AM
I really hope the Rebs sign this guy. He's been playing lights out at EMCC and received his 1st crystal ball prediction to the Rebs the other day.

Chad Kelly (3-star) 6'1 210 Dual-Threat (originally signed with Clemson). Son of Jim Kelly.

Also known for these awesome rap videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcoXAczJqm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28V8U32RdB8

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Ole Miss will probably want him just because he is Jim Kelly's son and that gets them more publicity and helps their perception. Winning football games is secondary...

Just a continuous FYI, Ole Miss hasn't signed a high school QB that became their full-time starting QB since Michael Spurlock! His last year was 2005

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 09:42 AM
This kid is being handed the starting job next year. He's already slated to beat out Kincade next year... That's the only reason you sign a Juco QB when you've already got guys who are sitting on your bench that know the system.

TheDogFather
10-30-2014, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=BeastMan;278828]I really hope the Rebs sign this guy. He's been playing lights out at EMCC and received his 1st crystal ball prediction to the Rebs the other day.

Chad Kelly (3-star) 6'1 210 Dual-Threat (originally signed with Clemson). Son of Jim Kelly.

It's Jim Kelly's nephew, not son. And he was dismissed from Clemson for conduct issues which will allow him to fit it better.

BulldogDX55
10-30-2014, 09:54 AM
There was something about him shoving a coach DURING THEIR SPRING GAME because he didn't like the play calls. He'll fit in great.

Also, undersized nephew of an NFL great? That'll work out, I'm sure!

NorCalDawg
10-30-2014, 10:02 AM
With talent like that, why would he ever want to play football?** I hear he's working on his next YouTube hit, "Booty, Bagmen, and Bitches".

Coach34
10-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Word is Kincaide ain't gonna be around. Rumblings about juco or just transferring to a Texas school

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Word is Kincaide ain't gonna be around. Rumblings about juco or just transferring to a Texas school

And around and around we go...... This stuff never changes, and people that don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

It's awesome

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Yup. Sounds about right.

BeastMan
10-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Also, undersized nephew of an NFL great? That'll work out, I'm sure!

That is gold

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM

What's the deal with that? I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good talent. Has he seen the field at all this year? Is he out of the "circle of trust"?

BeardoMSU
10-30-2014, 10:18 AM

Another 4 start who never pans out.....

I'll be curious to see what happens with Buchanan, being another one of those "coveted" 4 starzerz, and being a Mississippi boy (Ole Miss swoop haircut and all...)

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 10:37 AM

I'll be curious to see what happens with Buchanan, being another one of those "coveted" 4 starzerz, and being a Mississippi boy (Ole Miss swoop haircut and all...)

unless Buchanan was absolutely lied to he had to be smart enough to know he'd never start there. Everyone with half a brain knew it when he committed to them. They don't start high school QBs... ever. It's always a transfer.

codeDawg
10-30-2014, 10:43 AM

UM people tell me Buchanan is as bad as everyone predicted him to be. They were talking Kincaide up in the spring and saying he was going to push Bo.

FlabLoser
10-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I won't wish injury on anyone, but I'd sure like see an Ole Miss backup QB get a lot of reps this year.

Wonder if their 3rd string QB could go toe to toe with our #1s in the Egg Bowl.

Sacrifice
10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Ha, all I heard last year from the Rebs was Kincaide was a phenom in waiting. The next Mike Vick.

Mjoelner34
10-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Ha, all I heard last year from the Rebs was Kincaide was a phenom in waiting. The next Mike Vick.

I'm thinking more like the next Raymond Cotten.

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 11:10 AM
who is the last high school recruited QB to be the regular starter for the the Rebs?

FlabLoser
10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
The guy that started after Eli. So Eli Manning was QB the last time they recruited a guy that became the starter. That's 3 head coaches ago.

Johnson85
10-30-2014, 11:25 AM
UM people tell me Buchanan is as bad as everyone predicted him to be. They were talking Kincaide up in the spring and saying he was going to push Bo.

I still don't get his recruitment. It wasn't just UM taht offered Buchanan a scholarship, so clearly somebody saw something. His stats were just so awful in MS private school you'd think SEC schools would have stayed away, regardless of his 'frame' or whatever potential they saw.

Martianlander
10-30-2014, 11:48 AM
The "next" QB at tsun is always going to be the best ever, just ask them.
And don't forget about Liggins****

Irondawg
10-30-2014, 11:55 AM
I know he had a FL offer but we've seen Muschamp's QB evaluation skills at work the past few years as well. Big kid - good arm - coaches always think they can turn that into something.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2014, 12:03 PM
who is the last high school recruited QB to be the regular starter for the the Rebs?

I believe Spurlock is the last full time starter, but Nathan Stanley did start a game in 2010

EAVdog
10-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Actually makes some sense. They lose Tunsil, Lil Kim, Engram, Quon, et al after next year. Better to bring in someone with experience than train up a Sophomore. After next year it's back to the drawing board so to speak.

FlabLoser
10-30-2014, 12:22 PM
I believe Spurlock is the last full time starter, but Nathan Stanley did start a game in 2010

Stanley doesn't count. He was never "the guy" that firmly owned a starting spot.

Cutcliffe was the last Ole Miss coach who recruited a HS QB who became a legitimate starter.

Coach34
10-30-2014, 12:32 PM

A game that Stanley also didn't finish. He got a courtesy start and then was yanked

chef dixon
10-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Bad look for Freeze. I understand he needed a quick fix at QB when he got there and he arguably got that with Wallace but if he gets this guy over his HS recruits, he hasn't changed the culture as much as he would like everyone to think.

deltadawg99
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Let them sign that head case. Dabo dumped him after he got into a screaming match with the coaching staff for not going for it on 4th down in the SPRING GAME.

He isn't rated on scout, so it would hurt their recruiting ranking if he committed. We all know how important that is to the mighty Bears.

Spurlock/Robert Lane would be the last high school qb they signed that started for them.

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Ole Miss: We haven't developed a QB since Cutcliffe was here.

messageboardsuperhero
10-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Let them sign that head case. Dabo dumped him after he got into a screaming match with the coaching staff for not going for it on 4th down in the SPRING GAME.

He isn't rated on scout, so it would hurt their recruiting ranking if he committed. We all know how important that is to the mighty Bears.

Spurlock/Robert Lane would be the last high school qb they signed that started for them.

Knowing UM fans, they'd probably just say something like "He's got heart/passion and is a great competitor. This is the kind of guy I want on my team."

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Knowing UM fans, they'd probably just say something like "He's got heart/passion and is a great competitor. This is the kind of guy I want on my team."

didn't they already back Kimchee for the same thing?

Let one of our players push Collins and I think you'd see a different response.

Coach34
10-30-2014, 02:16 PM
didn't they already back Kimchee for the same thing?

Let one of our players push Collins and I think you'd see a different response.

Or Turner...Turner would have ripped Kimchee's ****ing face mask off if he had pushed him on the sideline

quickstrike2
10-30-2014, 02:19 PM
I knew as soon as I heard he was there that he would end up at Ole Miss. I think he is probably a pretty good talent, but does have the concerns. Arguing with coaches is no issue at Ole Miss. It doesn't sound like their current QB's are ready to take the roll, so he should slide right in nicely. Looks like he does have an offer from Virginia Tech, which is good, I like the Bears having to really work for someone.

BeastMan
11-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Bump. A month ago. Just saying

Political Hack
11-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Bump. A month ago. Just saying

BeastMan nails it again...

I can't believe they just refuse to develop a high school QB. I think we've had 1 Juco QB start one year for us since forever.

IMissJack
11-26-2014, 05:25 PM
He probably watched the OM/Ark game and thought there is no way he couldn't start for OM next year!

Bothrops
11-26-2014, 07:40 PM
I really hope the Rebs sign this guy. He's been playing lights out at EMCC and received his 1st crystal ball prediction to the Rebs the other day.

Also known for these awesome rap videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcoXAczJqm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28V8U32RdB8

Looks like a male version of Justin Bieber