PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Arkansas' SB Nation site:

Lloyd Christmas
10-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Ryan: It's definitely weird, but Starkville ain't a place to mess with. I was at the 2010 game at Starkville and that was the loudest place I'd been outside of War Memorial. They ring those cow bells whenever they want. Now with that end zone closed off, it has to be even louder. When State is good, playing there at night is brutal. I think State wins by two touchdowns or more.

That game was loud as shit.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Second loudest game I've ever been at. Auburn this year beat it.

Westdawg
10-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Lloyd,
Danny Devito dancing in your sig reminded me of a professor i had at MSU.... geology professor named Dr. Francis "?" he had the hair, short height, all of it. anybody else have that guy for a class?? I got lucky to get put in it. everyone thought i was a football player because i was hanging out with several when i was getting my class schedule placed by an academic advisor. They saw i needed another science and the lady says " i will put you in geology. we place all our athletes there. it's called 'rocks for jocks' for that reason". so first day of class, the master's student who was supposed to teach never shows up, and after about 10 mins, in walks this guy looking like Danny Devito. Tells us that he found out that his class was called rocks for jocks, and so he was about to rock us out of his class. all the athletes were gone by the next class. only about 8 of us or so left. hardest science class i ever took. but had a blast with that professor. sorry for the nostalgia

CadaverDawg
10-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Look at DeRunnya deck that guy at the very end of JRob's run in that gif. Haha, he does that all game long. We don't give him enough credit for how bad ass he is as a blocker.

thf24
10-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Look at DeRunnya deck that guy at the very end of JRob's run in that gif. Haha, he does that all game long. We don't give him enough credit for how bad ass he is as a blocker.

I've noticed on just about every big run highlight this year, De'Runnya is in the mix. The most impressive thing is he doesn't just block his assignment and then pull up like most receivers do, he's running down the field looking for the next block to make right to the whistle. Those are rare characteristics for the kind of superstar-in-the-making that he is.

Westdawg
10-30-2014, 12:35 PM
I've noticed on just about every big run highlight this year, De'Runnya is in the mix. The most impressive thing is he doesn't just block his assignment and then pull up like most receivers do, he's running down the field looking for the next block to make right to the whistle. Those are rare characteristics for the kind of superstar-in-the-making that he is.

here's what is even more crazy, if Bear had hit #2 on that play, it would have freed Josh for a LOT more, because Ben was right there about to clean up and make a huge hole.
also, that is the SECOND TIME that Josh got the first down on that run. on his initial run on the play, he gets beyond the first down marker, but does that whole thing afterwards. I mean, it really is amazing how GREAT of a player we have in him.

sleepy dawg
10-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Second loudest game I've ever been at. Auburn this year beat it.

ditto, and actually that Ark game was the best we'd ever abided by the "cowbell rules"

maroonmania
10-30-2014, 01:12 PM
ditto, and actually that Ark game was the best we'd ever abided by the "cowbell rules"

that's was exactly my thinking when he said 'they ring those things whenever they want'.

Dawghouse
10-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Just came out of a hypnosis of watching that gif about 50 times.

16 pays the ultimate price for the missed tackle when Matt Elam lands on top of him

15 tries to strip him and missed the tackle then gets back in the action at the end with a decent wrap up

Matt Elam is a huge freshmens, he completely whiffs on his attempt to tackle