PDA

View Full Version : Hutcherson

CadaverDawg
10-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Is he redshirting? Dude is a monster, so I hope we didn't burn one of his 2 years of eligibility on a few snaps vs USM. I may have missed this discussion, so I apologize if so.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Is he redshirting? Dude is a monster, so I hope we didn't burn one of his 2 years of eligibility on a few snaps vs USM. I may have missed this discussion, so I apologize if so.

He is playing. He is on a variety of special teams units. He will have to play a bigger role next year. Probably the Brandon Hill role while Gus Walley steps into the Malcolm Johnson role. Malcolm could be the biggest loss on our team for next year.

Rick Danko
10-29-2014, 02:59 PM
That's disappointing to say the least. Was really hoping for a huge impact from him or a redshirt year to learn the system. I know that is usually not what happens with JC players, but man, when was the last time we had one come in and make a huge impact year one under Mullen. I'm gonna say Ballard, White, McPhee, since then, not so much.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Well Cox and Slay were and are pretty good more recent juco's, but I'll be honest, I'm surprised as well about Hutcherson. I thought he could not only be a viable red zone target but be another big body at the end of the line to support the power run game.

I hate he is losing a year of eligibility playing special teams only. To me if there isn't a chance a JUCO can make an impact on your two deep the moment they step on campus, you don't need to get them. Depth be damned. Go grab a 2 star high school kid. That way if you are going to RS someone or play someone solely on ST you at least get them for 4 years instead of 2.

msstate7
10-29-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm a little disappointed he's not playing more since he's not RSing, but not surprised. Malcolm and hill are very solid te's imo

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Maybe we will use him against teams with smaller linebackers, if you know what I'm sayin....

maroonmania
10-29-2014, 03:16 PM
Not sure why folks thought he would come in and be a significant contributor right off the bat. Yes, he has great size but his receiving stats from JUCO were very underwhelming.

codeDawg
10-29-2014, 03:23 PM
He is playing. He is on a variety of special teams units. He will have to play a bigger role next year. Probably the Brandon Hill role while Gus Walley steps into the Malcolm Johnson role. Malcolm could be the biggest loss on our team for next year.

He's been out there at TE too. He may have even had a pass thrown to him that he didn't catch, but I have seen him on the field on offense.

Goat Holder
10-29-2014, 03:41 PM
That's disappointing to say the least. Was really hoping for a huge impact from him or a redshirt year to learn the system. I know that is usually not what happens with JC players, but man, when was the last time we had one come in and make a huge impact year one under Mullen. I'm gonna say Ballard, White, McPhee, since then, not so much.

2009: Croom guys, Mullen held them together
2010: Ballard, Carmon,
2011: Trapp, Slay
2012: Autry, Siddoway, Holley
2013: Chapelle, Cox
2014: Hutcherson, Johnson, Coleman

You do the math on those that started in their first year and who didn't.

Care to revise your statement, pal? You couldn't be more wrong.

Rick Danko
10-29-2014, 03:47 PM
2009: Croom guys, Mullen held them together
2010: Ballard, Carmon,
2011: Trapp, Slay
2012: Autry, Siddoway, Holley
2013: Chapelle, Cox
2014: Hutcherson, Johnson, Coleman

You do the math on those that started in their first year and who didn't.

Care to revise your statement, pal? You couldn't be more wrong.

Smdh guy, read what I said a little better before responding like a dumb shit. In fact I'm not even sure that your rabble isn't confirming what I said, go through that list and show me a year one impact guy, which is exactly what I said. Key word, IMPACT, not contributor. Nice try though trying to be Internet cool.

Goat Holder
10-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Smdh guy, read what I said a little better before responding like a dumb shit. In fact I'm not even sure that your rabble isn't confirming what I said, go through that list and show me a year one impact guy, which is exactly what I said. Key word, IMPACT, not contributor. Nice try though trying to be Internet cool.

Ha, I shouldn't even respond after that owning, but I'll indulge you.

First of all, you claim that Ballard, White and McPhee were the standard for IMPACT players. Well, none of those guys were stars their first year. Carmon, Slay, Autry, Siddoway, Chapelle, Cox and now Hutcherson all played their 1st year, with Autry and Siddoway being starters right off the bat. The others might have been at some point during the season too. I think we can count Slay as IMPACT even though he didn't start in 2011 I don't think.

Think before you reply. I don't know, maybe if you "shook your damn head" some more, you might wise up? lolzz

Rick Danko
10-29-2014, 04:06 PM

First of all, you claim that Ballard, White and McPhee were the standard for IMPACT players. Well, none of those guys were stars their first year. Carmon, Slay, Autry, Siddoway, Chapelle, Cox and now Hutcherson all played their 1st year, with Autry and Siddoway being starters right off the bat. The others might have been at some point during the season too. I think we can count Slay as IMPACT even though he didn't start in 2011 I don't think.

Think before you reply. I don't know, maybe if you "shook your damn head" some more, you might wise up? lolzz

Wow, I see now why people think of you the way they do, you really are a dumbass. I did state we may have to go back Ballard, White, and McPhee but without going back to check stats, I was wrong on that, thus you are still proving my point, even THEY weren't inpact first year. You clearly are struggling to read that I said most JC guys we got are not impact guys year one, so I don't know why you keep acting like I said any of the others you mentioned were, when I never did. I'm done with this argument, congrats, man. Guess you "owned" me, wow you are one cool douche to argue with

CadaverDawg
10-29-2014, 04:18 PM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bfT5p2KYcJo/maxresdefault.jpg

Bo Darville
10-29-2014, 04:23 PM

Obviously Malcolm Johnson is better.

Brandon Hill has done a nice job and Walley is both a better blocker and better route runner/receiver than Hutcherson at this point. Playing time has to be earned, and he is the #4 TE right now. MoJo, Hill, and Walley are simply better players at this time.

Goat Holder
10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130426152005/vampirediaries/images/5/5c/Jack-Nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

Goat Holder
10-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Just stop.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Obviously Malcolm Johnson is better.

Brandon Hill has done a nice job and Walley is both a better blocker and better route runner/receiver than Hutcherson at this point. Playing time has to be earned, and he is the #4 TE right now. MoJo, Hill, and Walley are simply better players at this time.

Yea, my question had more to do with him redshirting than him playing. I feel like our depth at TE with MoJo, Hill, and Walley, made for an easy decision in redshirting Hutch...especially after hearing he wasn't picking up the play book just before the season. Oh well, I don't think he was a future Gronkowski or anything, but I would have rather he redshirted and learned the play book, than to be wasted on Special Teams. Oh well though.

defiantdog
10-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Yea, my question had more to do with him redshirting than him playing. I feel like our depth at TE with MoJo, Hill, and Walley, made for an easy decision in redshirting Hutch...especially after hearing he wasn't picking up the play book just before the season. Oh well, I don't think he was a future Gronkowski or anything, but I would have rather he redshirted and learned the play book, than to be wasted on Special Teams. Oh well though.

It's typically the players choice to redshirt. He probably chose not to redshirt. Hopefully he'll get it together this year, learn the playbook, and kick ass next year. Juco guys take a while.... not many players jump on the scene like Auburn's Duke Williams.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Any stats on how many juco guys Mullen has redshirted? Also wondering how common it is in general? From my perspective, redshirting seems like the best option for both parties in cases like these, where there is lots of depth at a position, paired with a significant learning curve.