PDA

View Full Version : Let's say mid-season free agency is legal in the SEC....

DistrictDawg92
10-29-2014, 11:30 AM
and we are able to snag one offensive and one defensive player from each SEC west team. Who would you take?

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 11:33 AM
and we are able to snag one offensive and one defensive player from each SEC west team. Who would you take?

On defense, I'd take Hargreaves from Florida or Conner from Ole Miss.

On offense, I'd take Todd Gurley

Since it's just SEC West,

I'd take Conner on defense and Collins, the running back from Arkansas.

Conner would give our defense a bump in it's weakest spot and Collins & J Rob would make our offense virtually unstoppable.

Homedawg
I don't think this is very productive.

Covercorner2
Amari Cooper and Cody Prewitt

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't think this is very productive.

Disagree, people disagreed when I started a trade deadline thread a few weeks ago, but that involved trading our players, which I understand can be offensive.

All that was asked here was about free agency. Thus we don't have to get rid of any our players.

It amazes me that some of you will sit on here and personally call out some of our players and say they shouldn't be playing, yet find this game offensive. What's the difference?

You sit on here and say that Holloway should never touch the ball again or that Zack Jackson should never see the field again, yet you find it offensive when someone actually proposes a replacement?

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Connor = Wells. We have a hybrid safety/LB already. IMO, help in the backend would be most beneficial...

DistrictDawg92
10-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Connor = Wells. We have a hybrid safety/LB already. IMO, help in the backend would be most beneficial...

Agreed, I hate to say it, but I think if I could snag one player from anyone in the SEC to fit our needs I think it would be Prewitt.

Homedawg
10-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Disagree, people disagreed when I started a trade deadline thread a few weeks ago, but that involved trading our players, which I understand can be offensive.

All that was asked here was about free agency. Thus we don't have to get rid of any our players.

It amazes me that some of you will sit on here and personally call out some of our players and say they shouldn't be playing, yet find this game offensive. What's the difference?

You sit on here and say that Holloway should never touch the ball again or that Zack Jackson should never see the field again, yet you find it offensive when someone actually proposes a replacement?

Get your facts straight before you use the quote feature. I never said either of those things. So you are full of shit.

State82
10-29-2014, 11:46 AM

If we're talking about adding two players to our present roster these would be my choice also.

sandwolf
10-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Yep, these would be my two as well.

Big4Dawg
10-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Wallace (let him ride the bench) - OM would be a for sure win
Bama's best player on D

msualohadog
10-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Marshall Morgan and one offensive lineman from Arkansas.... Need depth on the OL.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Cooper and Prewitt, no doubt.

Adding a home run threat like Cooper to our offense...wow.

And Prewitt would give us the secondary help we need, and what we lost in Nickoe

Dawghouse
10-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I'd take Amari cooper and Prewitt, then I'd trade them both to LSU for their kicker.

Sorry Sobiesk, it's not all your fault but dammit we have to find a guaranteed FG kicker from inside 50.

I was going to trade for Duke's kicker but to keep it in SEC west LSU's kicker appears to be the best.

DistrictDawg92
10-29-2014, 12:20 PM
I was really asking one offensive and one defensive from each western team. But if we are doing just one offensive and one defensive player out of all west teams combined, I've already stated I would take Prewitt on D. On offensive, a nice weapon like Cooper or Duke Williams would be some nice icing on the cake, but I honestly think I would rather just take the best Offensive lineman in the west and call it a day. Can never have enough All-American O-lineman.

DistrictDawg92
10-29-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd take Amari cooper and Prewitt, then I'd trade them both to LSU for their kicker.

Sorry Sobiesk, it's not all your fault but dammit we have to find a guaranteed FG kicker from inside 50.

I was going to trade for Duke's kicker but to keep it in SEC west LSU's kicker appears to be the best.

Ha, while watching the LSU/OM game last weekend the announcers were bragging on Delahoussaye about how he was 21/22 on FG's, and right on que he misses a chip shot. But I agree, he would help our team, ALOT.

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Amari Cooper and Tony Conner. Cooper gives us that true deep threat at WR, allowing Dak to stretch the field even more. Conner shores up our S position, as he'd be the unquestioned 1A starter over everyone.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Get your facts straight before you use the quote feature. I never said either of those things. So you are full of shit.

I wasn't speaking directly to you. I was speaking to idea in general. Sorry, I didn't word it very well.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 12:49 PM
I'd love Cooper, but I'm not sure adding a WR makes us significantly better. We have played well at WR. I think we get better with another elite running back or offensive lineman that take the pressure off of Dak and J Rob.

As for Prewitt, isn't he a liability in pass defense? This has been my understanding.

RossDawg82
10-29-2014, 12:59 PM

So you are saying trade the best WR and Safety in College football for a kicker. Im glad youre not a GM of a NFL team. haha

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
"from each team" means six players on O and D.

Offense:
OM - Tunsil (OT)
Bama - Sims (QB) (insurance policy)
LSU - Dural (WR)
Auburn - Dismukes (C) (for when Day is suspended)
A&M - Ogbuehi (OT)
Arkansas - Alex Collins (RB)

Defense
OM - Golson (CB)
Bama - Collins (S)
Auburn - Whitehead (CB)
LSU - Keehn (P)
Arkansas - Philon (DT)
A&M - Please stay away from my defense

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 01:27 PM

Offense:
OM - Tunsil (OT)
LSU - Dural (WR)
A&M - Ogbuehi (OT)

Defense
OM - Golson (CB)
Bama - Collins (S)
Auburn - Whitehead (CB)
LSU - Keehn (P)
Arkansas - Philon (DT)

LOL on A&M. I'd take Myles Garrett if he wanted to come help

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 01:40 PM

Offense:
OM - Tunsil (OT)
LSU - Dural (WR)
A&M - Ogbuehi (OT)

Defense
OM - Golson (CB)
Bama - Collins (S)
Auburn - Whitehead (CB)
LSU - Keehn (P)
Arkansas - Philon (DT)

I'll play:

Offense:
OM - Treadwell
Bama - Cooper
LSU - La'El Collins
Auburn - Duke Williams
A&M - Ogbuehi
Arkansas - Hunter Henry

Defense
OM - Prewitt
Bama - Collins or Ragland
Auburn - Adams
LSU - Rashard Robinson or Tredavious White
Arkansas - Philon
A&M - Garrett

HoopsDawg
10-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Easy on offense: Amari Cooper. A deep threat to compliment Bear. The best WR in the country

Defense: I'm going with Tre'Davious White. Pre-season All-SEC corner. Only a sophomore. And did a great job on Paidwell. This could let us move Calhoun to S and shore up a weakness. Landon Collins would be my second choice followed by Prewitt 3rd.

DistrictDawg92
10-29-2014, 01:51 PM
I'll play:

Offense:
OM - Treadwell
Bama - Cooper
LSU - La'El Collins
Auburn - Duke Williams
A&M - Ogbuehi
Arkansas - Hunter Henry

Defense
OM - Prewitt
Bama - Collins or Ragland
Auburn - Adams
LSU - Rashard Robinson or Tredavious White
Arkansas - Philon
A&M - Garrett

I like this list a lot, but also agree with Hack, a solid insurance QB would be nice, but I think I would take Cooper from Bama and Marshall from Auburn.

However, if you don't take an insurance QB you have to take Duke Williams from Aubie. I would put up a receiving corp made up of Bear, Cooper and D. Williams against multiple NFL receiving corps. Duke Williams has been mismatch city when he slides into the slot role, put Bear and Cooper on the outsides, Dak and J-rob, running the ball.... WOW.

Johnson85
10-29-2014, 02:08 PM
On offense, we really don't have any glaring holes to fill. So you either take the best offensive player or snag a backup for Dak or Robinson. That leads to:

Offense:
OM - Tunsil if healthy, Treadwell otherwise
Bama - Cooper (although Yeldon or Sims would be good alternatives if you want to shore up places where we can't survive an injury)
LSU - Fournette?
Auburn - Duke Williams?
A&M - Speedy NOel?
Arkansas - either starting RB?

On defense, we could use a safety with better pass coverage. Even though you can always use a badass Dlineman, I'm just not sure how much that's going to help us compared to upgrading safety.

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 02:24 PM
man, we shore up our OL a little and get #2 QB and RB, we'd run the table. Amari Cooper is the most electric player in the country, but he's not a team MVP or someone that wins you a title. There's close to a half-a-dozen players I'd take from Bama to put on our team this year (championship run) before I got to him.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Since we already have DeRunnya, an interesting choice from auburn would be Quan Bray. He would give you a really good WR and deep threat like a poor man's Cooper....but would give you an excellent kick and punt returner, which we desperately need.

(Still can't figure out our kick return strategy. We never have anybody catch the ball and haul ass up field. Our kick returns are the Special teams equivalent of a counter run play with a pulling guard. They take forever to develop and our returners look like they're waiting on a blocker. Just get your ass as far up field as possible.)

TUSK
10-29-2014, 02:45 PM
for a Bammer:

La'El Collins, OL, LSU

Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida

we'd beat the Seahawks***

I seen it dawg
10-29-2014, 08:23 PM
man, we shore up our OL a little and get #2 QB and RB, we'd run the table. Amari Cooper is the most electric player in the country, but he's not a team MVP or someone that wins you a title. There's close to a half-a-dozen players I'd take from Bama to put on our team this year (championship run) before I got to him.

We are running the table anyway pal

I seen it dawg
10-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Marshall Morgan and one offensive lineman from Arkansas.... Need depth on the OL.

Outstanding first post.

sleepy dawg
10-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Since I don't know enough about defensive players, I'll go offense:

K - Daniel Calrson - Aub
TE - Hunter Henry - Ark
WR - Amari Cooper - Ala
RB - Leonard Rournette - Lsu
WR - Laquon Treadwell - Miss
OT - Cedric Ogbuehi - A&M

LC Dawg
10-29-2014, 09:17 PM
I think we're in good shape this year so I'd pick from each team's stud freshmen and guarantee ourselves a couple of more national championships.

JDog13
10-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Roberto Nkemdashian and Bo Wallace.

I'd wait til they got moved in and cut em.

missouridawg
10-29-2014, 10:37 PM

Do you people not know who Landon Collins is?