PDA

View Full Version : Which would be better for us!

1bigdawg
10-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Would it be better for

Ole Miss to lose to Auburn or
Alabama to lose to LSU

Dawg496
10-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Ole Miss to Auburn no doubt

BeardoMSU
10-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Would it be better for

Alabama to lose to LSU

I'd prefer both happen, actually.

BeastMan
10-29-2014, 08:59 AM
LSU over Bama and Auburn over Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 09:01 AM
They are both equally positive.

-If Bama loses to LSU, then we can lose to Bama and beat Ole Miss, and still win the west

- If Ole Miss loses to Auburn, then if we beat Bama, we clinch the West against Vanderbilt, and don't have to worry about playing for the West in the Egg Bowl

We want them both to lose. If that happens, if we beat Bama or Ole Miss, we are the SEC West champs

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 09:04 AM
LSU over Bama, just because I think we have a better shot at winning in Oxford than Tuscaloosa. Also, Ole Miss still has to go to Fayetteville....

MadDawg
10-29-2014, 09:04 AM
YES!

Would it be better for

Alabama to lose to LSU

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 09:06 AM
LSU over Bama, just because I think we have a better shot at winning in Oxford than Tuscaloosa. Also, Ole Miss still has to go to Fayetteville....

I actually agree, but, since I dislike OM so much, I will cheer against both teams equally

starkvegasdawg
10-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Alabama is the biggest threat so getting that second loss on them would be huge. Aside from when TSUN plays us, their biggest chance at a loss is this Saturday. I would love if we could wrap the West up against Vandy the week before the Egg Bowl. While I think we are the better team I don't like the idea of having to play them with that much on the line. One positive about Auburn winning this weekend is that a second loss for TSUN would more than likely cause them to implode for the season and be done. No way a 2 loss team even sniffs the playoffs. So getting them out of the way this weekend would be a huge positive. Bama still has Auburn to contend with so they still have another good shot at a loss.

Dawgtini
10-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Both

codeDawg
10-29-2014, 09:29 AM
We need both of them to have two losses to give us a Mulligan between the two of them. Alabama will only lose to either LSU or us. UM could lose to Auburn, Arkansas, or us.

I'll go with LSU over Alabama.

No matter what happens, we need to just win out.

ScottH
10-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Ole Miss still has to go to Fayetteville....

I have thought for over a month UPIG is going to get them and nothing has changed my mind.

1bigdawg
10-29-2014, 10:27 AM
I want them both to lose, but LSU over Bama is more favorable for us. Bama/Saban seems to lose their edge when they are not in the championship discussion and a loss to LSU should do do that. Also, I believe we handle TSUN either way.

BeastMan
10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
I have thought for over a month UPIG is going to get them and nothing has changed my mind.

I predicted that game in August on my site. Was called crazy but the facts are that both MS schools struggle mightily in the state of Arkansas. MSU benefited from Arkansas being awful last year and it still took them blowing the game on one of the worst fake punt calls I've seen. OM will get all they want and more up there.

bluelightstar
10-29-2014, 10:54 AM
Auburn is our best win, good for us if they keep winning

1bigdawg
10-29-2014, 10:55 AM
I predicted that game in August on my site. Was called crazy but the facts are that both MS schools struggle mightily in the state of Arkansas. MSU benefited from Arkansas being awful last year and it still took them blowing the game on one of the worst fake punt calls I've seen. OM will get all they want and more up there.

I agree that it is a horrible matchup for Rebears. And even if they win, they should be beat up for the team they play the next week...

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 11:07 AM
Yea. LSU and Arkansas are very similar, with the differences being that Arkansas has a slightly more efficient offense and that LSU has the better secondary. I could see those things cancelling out, and thus a very difficult game for Ole Miss (similar to the LSU game).

Offshore Dawg
10-29-2014, 11:16 AM
Dawgs win out and it does not matter, give it a rest. Most important game this week is Arkansas.

1bigdawg
10-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Dawgs win out and it does not matter, give it a rest. Most important game this week is Arkansas.

That is why I picked LSU over Bama, because I believe it gives us a better chance in Tuscaloosa. Note that that game is not this week. Of course the most important game this week is with Arkansas.