PDA

View Full Version : People from around the country with no dog in the hunt...

FlabLoser
10-29-2014, 08:16 AM
...are telling me they love watching Mississippi State football. They say we're fun to watch and everybody loves a Cinderella.

A guy was telling me last year, he watched Johnny Football. This year, he watches Dak & Robinson.

#AmericasTeam

Dawgface
10-29-2014, 08:38 AM
We do have that going for us. Probably helping Dak in the heisman race too.

RougeDawg
10-29-2014, 08:45 AM
Yes. Even the eastern sec teams are piling for us. Had numerous UK fans this past weekend say how much they loved us beating up on the traditional west powers. Even saw some UGA fans at Makers Mark and they said they were enjoying our season. Guess CBS knew what they were doing this past weekend picking our game, with it having highest CFB rating of the week.

Dawghouse
10-29-2014, 08:48 AM
If we end up playing FSU in the finals the entire world (and even some FSU fans) will be rooting for us. Good clean wholesome bunch of gentleman (and Dillon Day) against a crab stealin rapist QB handing off to a Marine robbing pregnant girlfriend beating RB.

maroonmania
10-29-2014, 10:52 AM
To be quite blount, seeing the same people dominate in the SEC every year (i.e., your Alabama, LSU and Auburn types) is BORING. It is new and interesting to see other teams like State and the Bears challenging the traditional powers. I think people also appreciate that Mullen has built our program up over time and done it the right way whereas with OM it appears a lot of shortcuts have been taken with recruiting oddities and with guys that show up their own coaches and teammates on and off the field.

HailState39110
10-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I have heard this too from some people with no skin in the game and relations to mississippi or the SEC. They say we are very fun to watch

Barking 13
10-29-2014, 05:10 PM
Had a co-worker that covers the west coast (big Oregon fan) text me after the game Saturday saying "your Dawgs are legit"

I told him four months ago about how wooly I was for this season, and all I heard was quack quack quack..lol

Mutt the Hoople
10-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Here in Texas, I wear my Mississippi State cap around. People come up to me and say, "Say, Mr. the Hoople, you're a huge fan of The Mississippi State University."

I reply, "Why, yes, of course."

"We LOVE watching The Mississippi State. Your University is SOOO superior to those blowhards from that School North Of You. BTW, did your school ever get caught in that horrible racism that happened at Ole Miss over the past 5-6 decades?"

"Of course not. Why, when we had to sneak out of Mississippi to escape the Ole Miss Governor and Ole Miss-dominated legislature....."

",,,,,,You showed America that at least one part of Mississippi was an island of racial harmony in a sea of prejudice. I know, I know, we heard all the fine stories of your great university when we were growing up. We hope you win the rest of your games and show America that decent, moral, upstanding human beings can win a National Championship."

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Here in Texas, I wear my Mississippi State cap around. People come up to me and say, "Say, Mr. the Hoople, you're a huge fan of The Mississippi State University."

I reply, "Why, yes, of course."

"We LOVE watching The Mississippi State. Your University is SOOO superior to those blowhards from that School North Of You. BTW, did your school ever get caught in that horrible racism that happened at Ole Miss over the past 5-6 decades?"

"Of course not. Why, when we had to sneak out of Mississippi to escape the Ole Miss Governor and Ole Miss-dominated legislature....."

",,,,,,You showed America that at least one part of Mississippi was an island of racial harmony in a sea of prejudice. I know, I know, we heard all the fine stories of your great university when we were growing up. We hope you win the rest of your games and show America that decent, moral, upstanding human beings can win a National Championship."

I have this same conversation a lot.