PDA

View Full Version : Is Josh Bowling Ball Robinson the best RB in the nation, or at least the SEC?

FlabLoser
10-29-2014, 08:03 AM
With Gurly out, I think he is.

Tusk says he works good in our system. Well, I suppose that's a requirement. A RB has to fit the system to be good.

Norwood might have been the best RB if he were in the spread. He got no sympathy points for being in Croom's West Coast Offense.

J-Rob is killing it. He stats are at the top and he's done it with moderate playing time.

Maybe the moderate playing time is helping him. He's staying fresh and explosive. I've seen a number of RBs with great stats in limited carries. Then they became average with 20-25 carries.

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 08:14 AM
J-Rob is MJD all over again. he'll be a productive pro. Not sure he has a break away speed to ever be the franchise type feature back at that level, but he can definitely be a productive NFL RB.

Gurley is the best RB in the SEC.

Coach34
10-29-2014, 08:14 AM
He's def in the discussion. I can't wait to watch he and Yeldon go H2H in T-Town against 2 tough defense

DancingRabbit
10-29-2014, 09:04 AM
J-Rob has been awesome for us this year. I've heard multiple analysts/writers gushing over his Kentucky performance the last couple days.

One of them said he had heard a defensive player (maybe a Bulldog, maybe an opponent) describe tackling J-Rob as "trying to tackle a tree stump". Everyone talks about his low center of gravity, balance and how he keeps his legs pumping after contact.

But also quite impressive is his vision. If there's just a small crease that opens up briefly, he almost always sees it. On his 73-yd run a fast corner coming up behind him on his right was about to catch him, and makes that hard cut to his left to get to the endzone. You almost never see J-Rob run into the back of a lineman, like so many average backs do.

Johnson85
10-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Tusk says he works good in our system.

What system would he not fit? Obviously he doesn't need to be primarly running sweeps to the outside, but if your offensive system can't use Robinson, your system sucks.

FlabLoser
10-29-2014, 09:34 AM
What system would he not fit? Obviously he doesn't need to be primarly running sweeps to the outside, but if your offensive system can't use Robinson, your system sucks.

LOL, good point!

I guess its the scat backs like Norwood that are better fits in certain systems.

TUSK
10-29-2014, 11:12 AM

I'd love em at our FB/HB position with Fowler.

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Josh Robinson averages 2+ more yards a carry than Yeldon or Henry....

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 11:22 AM

Just because you have the measurables and the STARZ doesn't automatically make you the better back. Just look at your boy Trent Richardson's NFL career compared to Alfred Morris's so far....

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 11:27 AM
J Rob is the hardest back in the SEC to tackle. Yeldon & Gurley are more explosive in the open field, but I'll take J Rob in traffic and tight spaces over both of them.

How many times has J Rob been tackled for a loss this year?

I personally value running backs that keep the offense on schedule and move the chains. J Rob does this better than anyone else. Yeldon runs high and gets tackled for losses, but J Rob doesn't.

Between Dak and J Rob, we are able to consistently move the chains, which in turn, eventually brings about big plays because the defense has to take chances.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2014, 11:31 AM

Tusk, I'll put a small wager on J Rob being a better NFL back than Yeldon. You up for it?

TUSK
10-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Tusk, I'll put a small wager on J Rob being a better NFL back than Yeldon. You up for it?

Sure buddy. Define the parameters. I assume you are willing to bet JRob vs tj, Henry and drake, yes?

TUSK
10-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Josh Robinson averages 2+ more yards a carry than Yeldon or Henry....

You wouldn't judge all skill position players based on yards per attempt, would ya?

Covercorner2
10-29-2014, 11:48 AM
You wouldn't judge all skill position players based on yards per attempt, would ya?

So what DO you base it on? Stars? Measurables? Expectations? How they look "on the hoof?"

thf24
10-29-2014, 11:58 AM

For a WR or TE, probably not. For a starting tailback, what other single stat would you use?