PDA

View Full Version : Props to the playoff committee

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2014, 10:32 PM
I was very skeptical about how this would work, but, I must say, I am impressed by how they playoff committee did tonight. Sure, they could suck from here on out, but, tonight, I thought they got it right.

- They don't seem to care what the name on the front of your jersey is

- They don't care when you lose

- The don't care what conference you are in

- They were objective

- They look at resume

I think so many people were skeptical of the committee that the committee just decided to be objective if for no other reason than to cover their rear-ends. So long as they are objective, they have plausible reasons for their decisions.

I see some of the "Football knowledgeable" media complaining because they think "Team A" passes the eye test more than "Team B", but those are subjective judgements and not plausible reasons to the average football fan to rank one team above another. Tom Lugenbill, etc.. are just going to have to live with this being an objective process and that their knowledge of Xs and Os and talent evlauation doesn't matter.

I know some here don't like Ole Miss being ranked #4, but, the process by which the committee came to this conclusion is positive for MSU because it encourages objectivity and appears to discourage ranking traditional powers just because they are a traditional power. This system is also positive for the SEC, because it values quality wins and good losses regardless of which conference you are in or the time of year in which the loss occured.

Again, they may totally screw it up next week, but I was surprisingly pleased with the job they did tonight.