PDA

View Full Version : Everybody think we're the #1 team tonight

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Or will they find some excuse to put another team there?

Goat Holder
10-28-2014, 03:43 PM
I think it's FSU, and I hope it is. I would prefer being left out altogether, but I see no way that happens, especially since it's apparently who the committee feels would be the top 4 if the season was over after Saturday.

messageboardsuperhero
10-28-2014, 03:44 PM
It would be pretty cool if we were the #1 team in the college football selection committee's first ever rankings.

CadaverDawg
10-28-2014, 03:45 PM
If we're not...get ready. Because the selection process will be a royal cluster**** if they don't easily get #1 right tonight. There's a much stronger case for FSU not to be #2 than there is for us not to be #1 IMO.

Goat Holder
10-28-2014, 03:49 PM
It would be pretty cool if we were the #1 team in the college football selection committee's first ever rankings.

True this would be a nice distinction to have, but big picture I want hardware. Being disrespected might just motivate our cocky ass players. You better believe Bammer is counting down the days til we show up.

Miss. Stake
10-28-2014, 03:52 PM
"Our cocky ass players"... cool man since that's how our players act.

1bigdawg
10-28-2014, 03:54 PM
We are number one in both polls and on the computers. I don't see how they could not recognize that and the job we have done to date.

CadaverDawg
10-28-2014, 03:55 PM
True this would be a nice distinction to have, but big picture I want hardware. Being disrespected might just motivate our cocky ass players. You better believe Bammer is counting down the days til we show up.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bfT5p2KYcJo/maxresdefault.jpg

mstatefan91
10-28-2014, 03:57 PM

Leave it to Goat to always have a different view on things. lol

I expect we will be number 1, but I wouldn't be surprised if FSU gets it.

I think this past weekend at UK was all the motivation our team (defense) needed to get ready and take Arkansas seriously.

Goat Holder
10-28-2014, 03:57 PM
http://cdn2.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Grace-Heilbig-Thumbs-Down.gif

messageboardsuperhero
10-28-2014, 03:59 PM

"Cocky ass players?"

I'm not around the players all the time, so I don't know how they act with the cameras off- but our guys have handled success pretty damn well so far. Until they come out and give piss poor effort in a game and act like they don't care, I'm just going to assume they aren't "cocky ass players."

DownwardDawg
10-28-2014, 04:06 PM
If we're not number 1, then this whole committee process is going to be 100x worse than anything the BCS ever put out there.

Offshore Dawg
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
There is no reason for the Dawgs not to be, put Auburn in and leave Bama off and listen to the bitching !!!!!!!!!!!!

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM
True this would be a nice distinction to have, but big picture I want hardware. Being disrespected might just motivate our confident ass players. You better believe Bammer is counting down the days til we show up.

I don't think Goat knows the difference in cocky and confident, but I fixed it for him. Confidence win's games, cockiness on the other hand, well just ask Bo and the Land Sharks what cockiness will win you.

I seen it dawg
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Just another stupid ass post from the goat. Too many to remember them all.

archdog
10-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Nothing wrong about being cocky. I like the swagger, but being cocky can get you in trouble if you ever lose.

What I gather from the statement, our players could feed off of having an additional chip on their shoulders.

Listening to talk radio, the majority of everyone believes we lose to Bama in a few weeks. How's that for a chip.

BulldogBear
10-28-2014, 06:02 PM
I still think this is a dog and pony show. Why bother with this till the season is over? Just wait till somebody goes into the last weekend as #4, either wins or doesn't play, but still drops out in the "final" poll. Use the AP for the season then do the rankings. Simple.

Saltydog
10-28-2014, 06:31 PM
they are last years champion. I think we're no. 2. Remember, some of these folks aren't necessarily football folks.

MSUDawg4Life
10-28-2014, 06:36 PM
BOOM!

Quaoarsking
10-28-2014, 07:18 PM
they are last years champion. I think we're no. 2. Remember, some of these folks aren't necessarily football folks.

What are you talking about? All 12 committee members basically have no lives this Fall because they watch football in every spare moment they get. They have special iPads and everything.

"Tradition" and "last year" have absolutely nothing to do with who gets what ranking and what slot.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Just another stupid ass post from the goat. Too many to remember them all.

It's so much nicer here when he's banned. Oh well, it'll happen again soon.