PDA

View Full Version : Auburn will be #3 tonight- book it...

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Auburn's only loss is to the #1 team in the nation at our place, which has to be the best loss out of all 1 loss teams. The beat K-State @ K-State, who would be unanimous #2 IMO if they had pulled it out against Auburn(I really believe K-State is a top 5 team and will handle TCU @ TCU on November 8th fairly easily, their defense is SECish). Also, Auburn beat LSU 41-7, who is one of the hottest teams out there right now. Auburn has the best resume out there for a 1 loss team and should be #3 if not #2 when the rankings come out tonight. If Oregon is ranked ahead of Auburn with a home loss to Arizona, I will lose all faith in the playoff committee. I have a good feeling the committee will nail it tonight though.

RossDawg82
10-28-2014, 03:15 PM
They will also be #3 come Sunday morning

Homedawg
10-28-2014, 03:18 PM
I'll take that bet. They won't be 3 tonight.

messageboardsuperhero
10-28-2014, 03:22 PM
In an NCAA March Madness-style resume comparison, I agree with you.

I'm not sure if Auburn is better than Bama or not at this point, but Auburn's current resume is better than Bama's. Auburn's going to get some credit for going on the road and beating KSU.

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 03:36 PM
In an NCAA March Madness-style resume comparison, I agree with you.

I'm not sure if Auburn is better than Bama or not at this point, but Auburn's current resume is better than Bama's. Auburn's going to get some credit for going on the road and beating KSU.

Sure, Bama may be better than Auburn, but that will be settled November 29th. The point is, these rankings WILL be based off of what has happened so far this season, and the two areas that will be considered the most IMO is how "good" one's losses are and how quality one's wins are, especially road wins. As of October 28th, Auburn has the 3rd best resume and that's all you can base it off of. I promise the committee will not base the rankings on ifs and buts, however, they will base it on FACTS. Fact is, Auburn is the 3rd best team in the nation right now when looking at the one thing that matters, what has actually already happened so far this season. These rankings are week to week, not predicting what will happen throughout the remainder of the season.

msstate7
10-28-2014, 03:37 PM
They will also be #3 come Sunday morning

Yep. Auburn will jump bama this sat

codeDawg
10-28-2014, 03:41 PM
I agree. It should be:

1. MSU
2. FSU
3. Auburn
4. Notre Dame

Auburn and ND have the two "best" losses by losing to number 1 and number 2. Everybody else has a "worse" loss.

FlabLoser
10-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Auburn will be a solid 2 or 3 after they beat Ole Miss.

Ya know what..I confess I still can't get used to us being #1 and all the debate being about who is 2nd & 3rd fiddle to us. This is unfreaking real still.

missouridawg
10-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Auburn's only loss is to the #1 team in the nation at our place, which has to be the best loss out of all 1 loss teams. The beat K-State @ K-State, who would be unanimous #2 IMO if they had pulled it out against Auburn(I really believe K-State is a top 5 team and will handle TCU @ TCU on November 8th fairly easily, their defense is SECish). Also, Auburn beat LSU 41-7, who is one of the hottest teams out there right now. Auburn has the best resume out there for a 1 loss team and should be #3 if not #2 when the rankings come out tonight. If Oregon is ranked ahead of Auburn with a home loss to Arizona, I will lose all faith in the playoff committee. I have a good feeling the committee will nail it tonight though.

If the committee is trying to put together the top 4 teams based on current records and achievements, you are absolutely right.

#1 should be MSU for being undefeated, winning a top 10 game, a top 25 game, and dominating all other opponents (for the most part).
#2 should be FSU for being undefeated
#3 should be Auburn for beating K-State and LSU and only losing to the #1 team away
#4 should be a charlie foxtrot between ND, OM, BAMA, KSTATE, TCU, Oregon, Michigan State, UGA

sleepy dawg
10-28-2014, 03:58 PM
I agree. It should be:

1. MSU
2. FSU
3. Auburn
4. Notre Dame

Auburn and ND have the two "best" losses by losing to number 1 and number 2. Everybody else has a "worse" loss.

Should? It should be MSU, Auburn, Alabama, FSU.

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 03:59 PM
I agree. It should be:

1. MSU
2. FSU
3. Auburn
4. Notre Dame

Yeah I know what you're saying with Notre Dame, but who have they really beaten? Stanford? Maybe, but they are 5-3 and Notre Dame only beat them by 3 at home. ND does have the second best loss, you could even argue the best loss because they should have beaten FSU @ FSU. But the rest of Notre Dame's case is pretty weak. Honestly, I think OM has a pretty good case to sneak in the top 4, they beat Bama, who some consider the best team in the nation, and they're only loss is to LSU in Death Valley at night, where they have only loss to #1 teams since the Mad Hatter has been there, I may be wrong on that but I'm almost positive that's fact. With all that said, I would not be surprised at all to see ND in the top 4, I just don't think it's deserved, I think they should be #5 or #6.

On a side note I'm a big believer in Kansas State, I think they will see the biggest jump from the AP to the committee rankings.

sleepy dawg
10-28-2014, 04:00 PM
We'll see how much they're using that stupid FPI tool that has us ranked 5th right now.

PMDawg
10-28-2014, 04:10 PM

Smart thinking. If they don't see it EXACTLY the way one random guy sees it, then no one should have any faith in them at all.

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Smart thinking. If they don't see it EXACTLY the way one random guy sees it, then no one should have any faith in them at all.

Never said no one should have faith in them, I'm sure if Oregon is above Auburn that the Oregon fans will claim the committee to be the second coming of the 12 disciples, that's a lot of faith BTW. All I said is that one random guy won't have faith in them.

Covercorner2
10-28-2014, 04:20 PM
It WILL be:

State
FSU
AU
Oregon

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 04:41 PM
If it is based purely off of what has happened so far this season, considering only how "good" your losses are and the quality of your wins especially road wins, this is my top 15.

1. MSU
2. FSU
3. AU
4. Bama
5. Notre Dame
6. Ole Miss
7. Kansas State
8. Oregon
9. TCU
10. Baylor
11. Georgia
12. Michigan State
13. Arizona
14. Arizona State
15. LSU

cheewgumm
10-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Arizona getting screeeeeewed!!!!

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Arizona getting screeeeeewed!!!!

That loss to USC at home looks uglyyyyyyy to me. A team who loses to a 5-3 team at home doesn't deserve to be in the top 10. However, man if they could have pulled that game off they would be looking really pretty right now. That Arizona-Arizona State game should be a good one.

CadaverDawg
10-28-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm not expecting Auburn at #3. I think the committee is going rank the top 4 as follows:

1) MSU
2) FSU
3) Alabama
4) Oregon

Covercorner2
10-28-2014, 05:12 PM
Auburn has better wins and a "better" loss than Alabama...

I don't get the love for Bama. Their best, and only only good win is West Virginia

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Auburn #3

smootness
10-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Auburn #3

Nailed it, good work.

What we're learning is that they care far more about who you've beaten than who beat you. Which bodes well for us. We have the best win of anyone in the country and also a win in the toughest environment in the country. If we just split our two tough games left, even if the team that beats us wins out and wins the SEC, I think we're in.

maroonmania
10-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Nice call.

Schultzy
10-28-2014, 08:26 PM
I think Bama's stock is inflated in a lot of people's minds over their lopsided win over a totally deflated A&m team that got blasted by us and tsun.

Being ranked behind Oregon and ole miss is appropriate at this point and auburn being third is right too. Having so many top 10 match ups coming up to end the season allows things to shake out pretty well in terms of deserving to be in the final four.

They're good but not great.

smootness
10-28-2014, 08:30 PM
I think Bama's stock is inflated in a lot of people's minds over their lopsided win over a totally deflated A&m team that got blasted by us and tsun.

Being ranked behind Oregon and ole miss is appropriate at this point and auburn being third is right too. Having so many top 10 match ups coming up to end the season allows things to shake out pretty well in terms of deserving to be in the final four.

They're good but not great.

I agree with you, but they're inflated because they're Alabama and people just assume they're really the best. So once they kill anyone, no matter who it is, people say, 'Alabama's back.' Forget that they lost to an Ole Miss team with serious issues on offense and was lucky to beat a mediocre Arkansas team.

DistrictDawg92
10-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Nailed it, good work.

What we're learning is that they care far more about who you've beaten than who beat you. Which bodes well for us. We have the best win of anyone in the country and also a win in the toughest environment in the country. If we just split our two tough games left, even if the team that beats us wins out and wins the SEC, I think we're in.

I completely agree, with what we have already accomplished this year, we have a better resume than all but about 5 teams could accumulate throughout the rest of the season. Adding a win @bama or @Ole Miss will give us a resume that the playoff committee will not be able to deny, even if we do lose one of those. The committee showed me exactly what I wanted to see out of them, it's not about the name on your jersey or the perception of how good you may be, it's about how many W's are on your record and how quality they are, and how "good" your losses are.