PDA

View Full Version : Best case scenarios

chef dixon
10-28-2014, 12:45 PM
I can't believe its so late in the season and we are seriously thinking about winning the whole damn thing. These are the results I'm hoping for, let me know if I'm missing something:

1. First and foremost, we take care of business this Saturday.

2. Auburn defeats Ole Miss, effectively eliminating them.

3. LSU over Bama. I thought I'd never be a bigger LSU fan than this past Saturday but that will change next weekend.

This seems to be the fastest 3 results in the next 2 Saturdays that put us in prime position. We could essentially be playing to clinch the SEC West in T-town in less than 3 weeks (let that sink in) with a 2nd chance, if needed, in the Egg Bowl. While I do think we have a decent shot to run the table, it doesn't hurt to have a little help.

FlabLoser
10-28-2014, 12:48 PM
I've never cared this much about what happens in other games. That's for sure.

chef dixon
10-28-2014, 12:53 PM
I also hate putting this in perspective, but for us to win the National Championship, we will have to go at least 4-1 in 5 more games against likely top 10 teams away from Starkville.

FlabLoser
10-28-2014, 12:55 PM
I also hate putting this in perspective, but for us to win the National Championship, we will have to go at least 4-1 in 5 more games against likely top 10 teams away from Starkville.

So will the other guys. Why not us.

Goat Holder
10-28-2014, 12:57 PM
I can't believe its so late in the season and we are seriously thinking about winning the whole damn thing. These are the results I'm hoping for, let me know if I'm missing something:

3. LSU over Bama. I thought I'd never be a bigger LSU fan than this past Saturday but that will change next weekend.

This seems to be the fastest 3 results in the next 2 Saturdays that put us in prime position. We could essentially be playing to clinch the SEC West in T-town in less than 3 weeks (let that sink in) with a 2nd chance, if needed, in the Egg Bowl. While I do think we have a decent shot to run the table, it doesn't hurt to have a little help.

If those 3 things happen, we can't really ask the Dead Indians for much more help. To win an SEC title and/or a national title, we'll have to beat either Alabama or Ole Miss on the road. That's reality. No matter how well your schedule sets up, even the best skeds have those 2-3 road games you have to get. Auburn's 2010 sked set up about the best you can ever hope, and they still had to beat us on the road (#15 in final poll), Kentucky (bowl team in October upset zone), and then their rival on the road. We'd have one more game than that on the road, but given your aforementioned circumstances, we'd be allowed to drop one of them. You have to take that all day.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2014, 01:13 PM

We don't even need LSU to beat them. We need them to beat them up.

Dawgheadcheese
10-28-2014, 01:28 PM
So will the other guys. Why not us.

That's what I'm talking about FLAB.

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Barring a complete collapse from Alabama and TSUN, we will have to win one of those games. That being said, if Auburn goes in and does what I think they will then a collapse on TSUN's end is highly likely. We already saw what one loss did to their psyche with them still in the thick of things. They lose another knocking them out of everything then they could very well implode. I don't see Bama imploding even if LSU beats them. If we can go in there and beat the Tide then the odds of us winning the SEC west shoot well up over 90%. TSUN is starting to take injuries to key positions and the infighting has begun. A couple more physical games against Auburn and Arkansas could derail the Bucky Express for the season and cause a statewide milk shortage.

1bigdawg
10-28-2014, 01:45 PM
We don't even need LSU to beat Alabama. We need them to beat them up.

The best scenario is LSU beating them up and having a two overtime game. On one hand, I would hate for them to be playing mad after a loss. On the other, the way they collapsed last year against Oklahoma when they were not in the championship, maybe it would be better for LSU to win. Either way, we'll just have to take what comes.

justwin
10-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I have a feeling Arkansas is going to finish really strong and get 6 or 7 wins. I think we beat them in a very tough game, but then they have a week off to host LSU, host OM, and @ Mizzou. I can see them winning the last 3.

I can't see LSU staying within 2 tds of Bama. I still think LSU has a lot of questions and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost all 3 of their final games vs Bama, @ Ark, @ TXAM (b/c they will have given up).

I look for Auburn to win out. Malzahn is 3-0 vs Bama as an OC with Ark, OC with Aub, and HC with Aub. I think he goes to 4-0.

As for MSU, I think Arkansas is going to get our best game so far ~ no long td passes, our WRs make a bunch of plays, our DL has a bunch of sacks, etc. Then, Bama will get our next best game.....I'm only curious to see how this one gets officiated in Tuscaloosa.

Then, MSU will play as close to perfect as possible vs OM.

It's going to be a fun ride til the end.

thf24
10-28-2014, 02:28 PM
I can't see LSU staying within 2 tds of Bama. I still think LSU has a lot of questions and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost all 3 of their final games vs Bama, @ Ark, @ TXAM (b/c they will have given up).

Damn. What does a game between two teams who have given up look like?

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Again, reminds me of 1999. Undefeated, headed to Tuscaloosa..... But this 2014 bunch is better. I am not so sure 2014 Bama is as good as 1999 Bama. We shall see. But Arkansas slipped up on us that year. Not this one!

justwin
10-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Lots of points and no defense. In that scenario, I don't see lsu keeping pace with TXAM

Damn. What does a game between two teams who have given up look like?

MabenMaroon
10-28-2014, 07:05 PM
I could be wrong, but it sort of seems to me, that the "best case scenario" would be for us to win them all. That in my mind would be the best case!

smootness
10-28-2014, 08:55 PM

Yeah, but we're better than all of them. It's not like we have to upset 4 top 10 teams. Just play our game, and we'll win them.