PDA

View Full Version : Interesting note I just heard

Aces High
10-28-2014, 12:05 PM
If MSU takes care of business the next few weeks and goes to Bama #1, state would have spent more time ranked #1 this year than Ole Miss has its entire football history.

Sorry if germans but that is nuts. Not trying to put the cart before the horse. Arkansas terrifies me.

FlabLoser
10-28-2014, 12:08 PM
I think Arkansas plays to our strengths. They run. We stop the run.

Its the running QBs that scare me. Like the one KY had - he was a hell of a player. And the one Bama has.

msstate7
10-28-2014, 12:09 PM
I think Arkansas plays to our strengths. They run. We stop the run.

Its the running QBs that scare me. Like the one KY had - he was a hell of a player. And the one Bama has.

Cooper is what scares me with bama. I don't think we can let him see one guy

AlmostPositive
10-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Arkansas can play their best game of the season and still lose by 2 or 3 touchdowns. They don't play well away from home, and our guys will be jacked. Worry about Bama if you need to channel negative energies...

Aces High
10-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Im most nervous about injuries. A physical running team creates a lot of injuries.

engie
10-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Ole Miss has been #1 for 5 weeks in the history of the AP poll. We'll go to Bama tied with that...

blacklistedbully
10-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Will Redmond.

chef dixon
10-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Will Redmond.

I like Will, but there isn't a player in CFB that can cover Cooper by himself.

deltadawg99
10-28-2014, 12:50 PM
I'd put will on him with Cox as the help over the top

Dawgheadcheese
10-28-2014, 01:30 PM
If MSU takes care of business the next few weeks and goes to Bama #1, state would have spent more time ranked #1 this year than Ole Miss has its entire football history.

Sorry if germans but that is nuts. Not trying to put the cart before the horse. Arkansas terrifies me.

Who cares? Ole Miss is Ole Miss - never a champion, just a novelty. All I care about is MSU.

1bigdawg
10-28-2014, 01:42 PM

I think we need to play him with the equivalent of a basketball "box and 1," on Cooper with Redmond being the one. I want Redmond on the field and covering him every play he is on the field and off the field resting every play he is off the field.

gtowndawg
10-28-2014, 02:13 PM

And of course those weeks at #1 occurred before myself (or probably anyone of this board) was even born.

huffy
10-28-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd put will on him with Cox as the help over the top

If we are going to double team Coop, I'd rather have Love with his speed and Cox over the top. We all know Will can win one on one all day with the other WRs. move Calhoun inside and that will be some tough man coverage.... and then there's the 1Bs.....

I honestly feel like Cleveland would have stopped that guy on the first big TD if he didn't grab the WR's towel. but it's part of the game.

MidTNDawg
10-28-2014, 06:37 PM
And of course those weeks at #1 occurred before myself (or probably anyone of this board) was even born.

Boy, you are way wrong about this!

SheltonChoked
10-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I agree. Will should be shadowing cooper from the second he could new out of the tunnel until the clock says 0:00

1bigdawg
10-29-2014, 11:25 AM
Whoever plays Cooper should be in and out of the game when he is. I understand the argument for Love, but I don't want any 1B covering an All American receiver and I don't want whoever is covering him to be tired.

MadDawg
10-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Boy, you are way wrong about this!

You have to be over 50 to have been alive last time they were #1. Obviously that must include a few folks.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Cooper scares me as well but I would rather face one cooper than to face a team with three or four guys who are not as good as cooper but good. Bama does not scare me. Sims is average and is playing with a hurt shoulder. Bama looked bad against Ole Miss, Arkansas and I don't think the looked all that good aginst Tenn. Tenn scored 20 on them with the third string QB. The games bama looked good in are Florida at home, Florida Atlantic at home, USM at home and a A&m team at home that just be skulled the past two weeks before Bama play them. I just think Bama is not all that good and against good defenses and playing from behind is going to effect their offense.

Mjoelner34
10-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Cooper scares me as well but I would rather face one cooper than to face a team with three or four guys who are not as good as cooper but good. Bama does not scare me. Sims is average and is playing with a hurt shoulder. Bama looked bad against Ole Miss, Arkansas and I don't think the looked all that good aginst Tenn. Tenn scored 20 on them with the third string QB. The games bama looked good in are Florida at home, Florida Atlantic at home, USM at home and a A&m team at home that just be skulled the past two weeks before Bama play them. I just think Bama is not all that good and against good defenses and playing from behind is going to effect their offense.

This is what scares me.

starkvegasdawg
10-29-2014, 12:42 PM
This is what scares me.

You have to look at who they played at home:
Florida - Horrible
Florida Atlantic - Complete Joke
USM - Complete Joke
A&M - Horrible

Most teams would look like championship teams playing those teams at home. Not saying they're not a good team but the fact that they showed out at home against that schedule does not make me nervous. Us forgetting how to play pass defense again and Cooper having Play Station numbers against us is what scares me.

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Love can't cover Cooper. That's not an option. They could bracket him with two guys and put Will and Calhoun on their next 2 WRs to shut down the passing game.

Saltydog
10-29-2014, 06:51 PM
I'd like to show them something to prove it..........

They are claiming:

1957- two weeks
1958- six weeks
1959- 9 weeks
1960- 5 weeks
1961-3 weeks
1962- 8 weeks

Intramural All-American
10-29-2014, 07:02 PM
If we are going to double team Coop, I'd rather have Love with his speed and Cox over the top. We all know Will can win one on one all day with the other WRs. move Calhoun inside and that will be some tough man coverage.... and then there's the 1Bs.....

I honestly feel like Cleveland would have stopped that guy on the first big TD if he didn't grab the WR's towel. but it's part of the game.

Call me crazy, but I kinda want Calhoun on Cooper with a safety over the top at all times. Calhoun is our most physical DB, and I would want him jamming Cooper at the line every single play. Then, if Cooper gets by him, we've got Cox over top to pick up. Also, Calhoun is a very good tackler on short routes if they try to run screens.

Coach34
10-29-2014, 07:26 PM

They are claiming:

1957- two weeks
1958- six weeks
1959- 9 weeks
1960- 5 weeks
1961-3 weeks
1962- 8 weeks

tell them you need a link to prove it

Coach34
10-29-2014, 07:33 PM

They are claiming:

1957- two weeks
1958- six weeks
1959- 9 weeks
1960- 5 weeks
1961-3 weeks
1962- 8 weeks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_college_football_season

There's one- no mention of them as #1. See the problem with Ole Missus fans is they count other polls like a Sagarin or some shit- in the two polls that could award titles back them- neither of them did.

Saltydog
10-29-2014, 08:01 PM
http://www.collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/teams/summary.cfm?teamid=55#.VFGAjbktDIU