PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
10-27-2014, 10:40 PM
I said I was gonna save my next Braves' thread for when fredi was fired. Oh well, he's staying. We actually hired a hitting coach that I like in Kevin Seitzer. He did a good job in Toronto this year. Hopefully the Braves will have a nice improvement next season offensively

Irondawg
10-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I know they say Freddie is safe but it would be smart to make a run at madden

Smitty
10-27-2014, 10:53 PM

The misspelling here is confrusing. Freddie is Freeman.. Fredi is manager... Maddon is manager... Madden is football..

msstate7
10-27-2014, 10:56 PM

I'd love to have maddon, but it isn't happening

Todd4State
10-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Maddon is rumored to be going to the Cubs at some point. I say at some point because they currently have a manager.

KB21
10-27-2014, 11:31 PM
IMO, the changes that needed to be made have been made. Frank Wren and Bruce Manno are gone, and Tony DeMacio has been reassigned within the organization. The team was poorly put together, IMO. It had some quality hitters, but overall, the hitters did not mesh well. They didn't have anyone that could manufacture runs. I don't think team chemistry was taken into account. This is all on top of the fact that the farm system has declined since Frank Wren and Bruce Manno have been running things. They inherited an organization that had a top 10 farm system, and they have built a bottom 10 farm system. The philosophy in the draft has changed from taking high upside high school players to taking four year college players who have limited upsides. As a result, the team has very few strong pitching prospects and even fewer legitimate hitting prospects. Their two best position prospects are both international signings.

With John Hart being named the President of Baseball Operations, John Coppolella taking on the role of GM without the title, and the return of Roy Clark to run the minor league scouting department, I think things will get a lot better.

IMO, Fredi catches a lot of flack for things he cannot control. He's not great, but he is not nearly as bad as some Braves fans want to think.

shoeless joe
10-28-2014, 06:50 AM
I have no problem with fredi staying. I began to notice some things at the end of last year that did seem to start with him but at the end of the day he deserves a shot to manage with a competent GM. if you step back and look at what he was given then it is not hard to say he really has done a good/solid job so far as braves manager.

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2014, 07:27 AM
My complaint about Fredi is the same complaint I had with Bobby Cox. They are very good at handling a roster for the grind of 162 (when Fredi has had the players). They both are horrible post-season managers. Wren was a terrible GM. Coppy is supposed to be the 2nd coming of Shureholz, so lets hope they build for the long haul.

Political Hack
10-28-2014, 07:39 AM
changes are done. the front office is all back from vacation and working towards next season already.