PDA

View Full Version : My Dark Lord... Please accept this meager offering as a token of my gratitude...

TUSK
10-27-2014, 05:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11772033/alabama-crimson-tide-boosters-pay-coach-nick-saban-home

ps - if you lose another game, I'm gonna start looking for a brick.

LiterallyPolice
10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11772033/alabama-crimson-tide-boosters-pay-coach-nick-saban-home

ps - if you lose another game, I'm gonna start looking for a brick.

Tusk. I like you. I really do. But can you just, uh, stop being a Bama fan?

Thanks in advance,
LP

Mutt the Hoople
10-27-2014, 06:41 PM
TUSK, I was driving from Mississippi to Texas today, and for the better part of 8 hours I was gameplanning on how to stop Alabama's offense. I think the best thing would be to put our #2 DB on Amari Cooper, with a Safety swinging down to help double-down. Then put Redmond on your #2.

I thought about having Bernardrick McKinney shadow your QB. However, we'll probably need McKinney to stop the run. Put Nick James over the Center- he doesn't have to do anything spectacular, just clog the middle.

Make sure our DE's keep your QB between the tackles and make him passes from the pocket.However, it'll be hard for Preston Smith and C.J. Jones to stay in their lanes and not go nuts. This isn't time for MState defensive players to go for Player Of The Week honors, it's time for them to play within themselves and follow the game plan.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 06:57 PM
I think putting on a spy is a great idea... Sims is a really good running QB and MSU has struggled with mobile QBs... he could have a huge game if things go right...

But, like you said, yall may need BMac to support for the run... what about Wells, he got blazing speed?

Also, I'm building a new deerstand/treehouse aka treefort: It's 10' to the floor with 8' walls; 8x8 enclosed with a 3-4' wide deck on 2 sides...

Mutt the Hoople
10-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I think putting on a spy is a great idea... Sims is a really good running QB and MSU has struggled with mobile QBs... he could have a huge game if things go right...

But, like you said, yall may need BMac to support for the run... what about Wells, he got blazing speed?

Also, I'm building a new deerstand/treehouse aka treefort: It's 10' to the floor with 8' walls; 8x8 enclosed with a 3-4' wide deck on 2 sides...
If I ever get back to Mississippi, I'll have to make a treehouse for my grandkids. This one, I may want it enclosed, with a power outlet or two, for AC and Heat, and for anything else.

As for our offense, State's running backs can never out-run Bama's linebackers. However, like the other Bama's teams, they'll be tough up the gut. The best option is quick-hitters off tackle.

Another thing- State has the best receiving corps I've ever seen in Starkville. We finally got some tall guys who can reach up and catch jump-balls. I wish Dak would quit trying to throw to the back-shoulder. Saban will gameplan for that, and if Auburn's D-backs knew what was coming, I know Bama's DB's will. However, you can't coach or gameplan 6'5"...and if DeRunnya can catch those high throws, he'll give your D-backfield fits.

State will roll into Tuscaloosa 9-0. Alabama will be the only game State has a chance of losing this season...and I'm including Notre Dame, Oregon, and Free Shoes U.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 09:30 PM
I agree with all of that... esp RE yall's big ass WRs... we need to pressure Dak/jam WRs (if possible) to disallow "jump balls"...

RE: treehouse, lemme know what ya wanna do, and if you want I'd be happy do a design/build for ya, bro!

Peace!

Dawgfan77
10-28-2014, 05:38 AM
I agree with all of that... esp RE yall's big ass WRs... we need to pressure Dak/jam WRs (if possible) to disallow "jump balls"...

RE: treehouse, lemme know what ya wanna do, and if you want I'd be happy do a design/build for ya, bro!

Peace!
If you pressure dak that's going to leave middle of the field open and will allow dak to run for days. Then we will get JRob going which will open up the play action. Bama's db's don't scare me and if your DL continues to over pursue we will be able to run and throw on you. Cooper does scare the shit out if me.

Dawgface
10-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Saban was probably having a hard time making the payments.

defiantdog
10-28-2014, 08:17 AM
B. Brown has stepped up in controlling the defense. McKinney is more involved in getting the DLine positioned correctly. Brown will dictate whether a safety or hybrid LB will watch Sims when we play Bama. McKinney and Brown remind me a lot of White and KJ back there.

As long as we keep Evans off the field, and stop putting Evans and Coman in at the same time. Cox needs to stay in until he drops. Same with Redmond.