PDA

View Full Version : I want these guys to get 90% of defensive snaps....

DistrictDawg92
10-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I understand the idea of 1a and 1b, but is it necessary to basically give the 1b 50% of snaps. I say find a core group of guys from 1a and 1b that can hold their own, and use the leftovers from 1b for only breathers as needed. If these guys listed below don't get 80%-90% of snaps going forward I do not think we will win out.

DL- Eulls, Jones, Ry. Brown, Preston Smith, Jefferson, PJ, and Adams----- the D-line obviously isn't the problem here, these 7 are top notch and can all move around and be successful at any position on the DL, except Eulls and PJ at DE, and Ry. Brown at DT. Hate to leave Virges out, not saying he shouldn't play, but that he should only receive about 10-20% of snaps. On a side note, have a just been drunk the last few games or has Nick James virtually disappeared?

LB- Wells, B-Mac, B. Brown, and Ri. Brown----- Linebackers are solid and all 4 of these guys have NFL potential in my mind, which is absolutely insane. These guys really need to see 90% of snaps going forward. I like Zach Jackson and he works really hard, but there is an obvious gap between him and the first 4, but I am completely fine with him coming on the field and giving guys breathers, but that is really all I want to see from him. Q. Antoine is a good special teams player but he is not ready to get significant snaps at LB yet.

CB- Redmond, Love, and Calhoun----- Redmond needs to be in unless he physically can't be, he is a future elite NFL corner and is out best corner in coverage and run stopping, leave #2 in the freaking game. Love started off slow this year to me, but his coverage has improved vastly throughout the season, his speed is elite. If I was coach I would have Love and Redmond as starters with Calhoun subbing in as needed, which is not really a knock on Calhoun because he is a great corner, I just believe Love and Redmond are better. however, when facing taller receivers I would start Calhoun and Redmond, with Love subbing in or coming on when 3 corners are needed. I really do like Cleveland, but he has been matched up on #3 and #4 receivers all year which has made him look better and his tackling has been suspect, but not terrible. However I do feel comfortable with Cleveland getting 10-20%, if not more, of snaps when needed. Irvin-Sills is not ready yet and shouldn't see the field unless we are up 28 or more.

Safety- Hughes, Cox, and Market----- I trust these three guys, I really like Hughes and Cox in coverage, and Market will come up to the line and smash someone for little guy. These three guys should receive 80-90% of snaps, PERIOD. Safety is our biggest issue when it comes to the 1a and 1b. Evans and Coman will be playmakers in a few years but we are trying to win a freaking national championship and they are just not cutting it right now. Hate to be harsh but I would love to only see Evans or Coman when someone absolutely needs a breather, and I do not want to see them out there for whole drives at a time ever again.

That's 17 guys that should recieve 90% of snaps, it's time to pick a true first team, and stick with it.