PDA

View Full Version : CHF already getting the excuses ready...

mic
10-27-2014, 04:26 PM
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Article/Hugh-Freeze-admits-Ryan-Aplin-a-concern-32402495

Here we go again... Let the excuses begin early....

TUSK
10-27-2014, 04:44 PM
I think I'd rather cheat Ole Miss and win than win outright...

either would have been nice this year, though...:mad:

cheewgumm
10-27-2014, 04:54 PM
I'd be so pissed at Kiffin for that Ole Miss U loss, if I'm Bama.

We all said it here...RUN THE BALL. Of course, we'll see what we do.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 05:19 PM
I'd be so pissed at Kiffin for that Ole Miss U loss, if I'm Bama.

We all said it here...RUN THE BALL. Of course, we'll see what we do.

yeah, it really sucks to let one get away like that, but it happens sometimes...

when you run in to a buzzsaw, hot qb, hostile environment, lose the TO battle... then make some very questionable play calling... in an SEC game...

historically, it's not "killed" us, so I'm happy with the situation as it stands...

that just got me thinking (hypothetically) if Bammer won out and finished #1, but didn't win the west, how awkward would the SECCG look?

*note-this is not a declaration neither written nor implied that MSU, the most talented and offensively balanced team in the SEC, will lose to either Bammer or OM... it's just a ridiculous pondering.

cheewgumm
10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
If it didn't involve State getting beat if be all in.

BiscuitEater
10-27-2014, 06:01 PM
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Article/Hugh-Freeze-admits-Ryan-Aplin-a-concern-32402495

Here we go again... Let the excuses begin early....

We forgot to be worried 'bout Melvin helping Auburn out against State ... oh well, never mind**

CadaverDawg
10-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Freeze resembles a beaver in more ways than just his teeth it appears.

What a puss

Gen. Grant
10-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Didn't they bitch about this last year?

Todd4State
10-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Didn't they bitch about this last year?

Yes. But last year it was Alabama.

You would think that if your offense was running at Nascar speed like Ole Miss does, the other team wouldn't have time to steal signs.

messageboardsuperhero
10-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Tell me about it Hugh. When we played Auburn, Melvin Smith read all our signals and told his DBs exactly where Dak was going with the ball every time. That's how Auburn was able to jump all those back shoulder throws.***

Seriously, why is this even an issue? Coaches go to different schools all the time, but Freeze and co. are the only people I've ever heard bitch about it.

Todd4State
10-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Tell me about it Hugh. When we played Auburn, Melvin Smith read all our signals and told his DBs exactly where Dak was going with the ball every time. That's how Auburn was able to jump all those back shoulder throws.***

Seriously, why is this even an issue? Coaches go to different schools all the time, but Freeze and co. are the only people I've ever heard bitch about it.

Most people just have three guys giving different signals with the players only knowing which one is live and that is the end of it. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

ScottH
10-27-2014, 08:09 PM
You would think that if your offense was running at Nascar speed like Ole Miss does, the other team wouldn't have time to steal signs.

"Basketball on grass" and "Fast break football" are the quotes I recall.

Intramural All-American
10-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Heck, like half of Auburn's coaching staff coached at State.