PDA

View Full Version : Arky D

Dawgfan1
10-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Can somebody give a quick synopsis on Arky D. Are they any good?

Westdawg
10-27-2014, 01:36 PM
in a word - YES

i see similarities in how Bielema is building his team and Mullen has been building it up. Find some really good defensive guys and build that side up first in order to maintain some ability to control the other team. Over time, build up your offensive core - linemen, RBs, and play hard-nosed smash mouth football so you can build some identity and make defenses dread seeing you that week....and then try to find that hidden gem of a talent at QB. That will make up for a lot in the years to come as you continue to develop the program as a whole.
Kentucky is going to be a solid team, SOLID, next year. Towles is a great QB and very young in the program. Will be interesting to see how these two teams in the coming years.

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Outside of the Bama game, they've given up 125 points in the other 3 SEC games they've played. That's over 40 a game. They've had 1 game where they played lights out and held Bama to less yards than they did UAB.

In short, against a traditional offense, they've looked pretty good. Against SEC spread offenses, they've gotten shredded. They're 60th in scoring defense. 40th in total defense. 57th in 3rd down conversions.

That's "average," but here's the kicker: Total defense... away from home... they're 101st. Scoring defense away from home: 91st.

I seen it dawg
10-27-2014, 06:48 PM
They gonna get their ass handed to them.

msstate7
10-27-2014, 06:51 PM
They gonna get their ass handed to them.

Hope you're right. I actually expect another mass sub type of game ending like 34-21

mic
10-27-2014, 06:52 PM
I have a feeling we are about to play our most complete game on both sides of the ball this year..
It could get real ugly...
Lay the 11 and use it to buy ur SEC championship tickets....

smootness
10-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Hope you're right. I actually expect another mass sub type of game ending like 34-21

Disagree. We don't want to sit our starters that much two weeks in a row going into Bama. We need to keep them ready.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 07:07 PM
they have a middle of the league D, IMO... maybe low, upper half....

this guy is really good:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-footbl/2014/roster/53b46ba8e4b0a4c99fcb13da

he was committed to Bammer for a long time before his offer was rescinded... it was kinda ugly...

I wish we'd kept em.

Sacrifice
10-27-2014, 07:14 PM
You know Arkansas will play out of there mind this weekend, just like Kentucky did. I expect they will take 8-10 shots deep on us and until we start picking some of these deep balls off, we're gonna see that from here on out. I think there gonna give us all we can handle but we win by 2 TDs. We've got that big Bullseye on our back now!!

smootness
10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
You know Arkansas will play out of there mind this weekend, just like Kentucky did. I expect they will take 8-10 shots deep on us and until we start picking some of these deep balls off, we're gonna see that from here on out. I think there gonna give us all we can handle but we win by 2 TDs. We've got that big Bullseye on our back now!!

We're at home in this one; it will be completely different. The bullseye won't matter.

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 07:40 PM

They have Brandon Allen as their QB and have 1 legitimate receiving threat as a WR. They do have good tight ends but no way in hell would they have enough time to take shots down field unless we completely sell out on a play action fake and said tight end is wide open. In all of the games I have watched them, I have only seen them take one shot downfield in an SEC game and that was against A&M and the above situation happened. No, they will run the ball. We stop the run and we will shut their offense down. In fact, I hope Arkansas does take shots down field because if they do we will rout them.

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Also adding, Jennings is a better QB then Allen is. Jennings at least may run some of the time. Here is what our defense needs to do. Sell to stop the run and make Allen beat us. If we do that, we will be fine. I'll also say that we may not face another QB as good as the UK QB passing the ball the rest of the year.

Sacrifice
10-27-2014, 08:07 PM
They have Brandon Allen as their QB and have 1 legitimate receiving threat as a WR. They do have good tight ends but no way in hell would they have enough time to take shots down field unless we completely sell out on a play action fake and said tight end is wide open. In all of the games I have watched them, I have only seen them take one shot downfield in an SEC game and that was against A&M and the above situation happened. No, they will run the ball. We stop the run and we will shut their offense down. In fact, I hope Arkansas does take shots down field because if they do we will rout them.
I see what your saying but I think there gonna play us similar to how they played Bama. They passed it 40 times and ran it 39. Arkansas new they couldn't line up and run on Bama and I know they were down early against Georgia but they threw it 45 times in that game. I think they'll try to run the ball on us and I hope they do but there gonna take some shots deep, no doubt.

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 08:12 PM
I see what your saying but I think there gonna play us similar to how they played Bama. They passed it 40 times and ran it 39. Arkansas new they couldn't line up and run on Bama and I know they were down early against Georgia but they threw it 45 times in that game. I think they'll try to run the ball on us and I hope they do but there gonna take some shots deep, no doubt.

Alabama sucks on the road and was still able to hold them to 13 points. Georgia blew their asses out and Arkansas had to come from behind in that game and I guess made it respectable but UGA obviously went into neutral late in that game. If they throw it that many times, we will beat them worse then I expect us to. My prediction is 38-14 us although I could see us scoring in the 50s on them if we wanted to.

DudyDawg
10-27-2014, 08:18 PM

I would be okay winning by two touchdowns again. Keep winning (and covering for me)

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 08:20 PM
If Beilama threw the ball 40 times against Alabama in those conditions, he is dumber then I thought.

msstate7
10-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Disagree. We don't want to sit our starters that much two weeks in a row going into Bama. We need to keep them ready.

The more I think about it you're probably right. Rest starters against tenn Martin

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 08:25 PM
I have a feeling we are about to play our most complete game on both sides of the ball this year..
It could get real ugly...
Lay the 11 and use it to buy ur SEC championship tickets....

I feel it coming too Mic. I think they're going to be pissed off after UK and feel a little more like proving something.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't want to play our best game yet. I want us to show some improvement, but still not put it all together. I want our complete game to be in Tuscaloosa

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2014, 08:59 PM
We're going to be playing a night game, at home, in our new stadium, and for the first time as a #1 team at home...that place will be crazy and loud. I think the guys will come out sharp and the crowd will get to arky. DWS is eventually going to be so tough to play in, we're going to have to give it a nickname. I TM "The Grindhouse".

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 11:41 PM

If we play average against Kentucky, it's 24-3 at halftime. We missed tackles, had some crucial drops and put ourselves out of position on Towles designed runs. I just don't think we play like we did at Kentucky against Arkansas. This is one of those games that it doesn't matter what Arkansas does but how we play. Trust me, Bear won't have another 5 drop game. I do think we roll in this one and I have to hand it to I Seen It. He called the Kentucky game as a trap game. He was correct.

FISHDAWG
10-28-2014, 08:07 AM
We're going to be playing a night game, at home, in our new stadium, and for the first time as a #1 team at home...that place will be crazy and loud. I think the guys will come out sharp and the crowd will get to arky. DWS is eventually going to be so tough to play in, we're going to have to give it a nickname. I TM "The Grindhouse".

I like it, and it would be original - going to be my first game in the newly expanded DWS Grindhouse

thf24
10-28-2014, 08:09 AM
I like it, and it would be original - going to be my first game in the newly expanded DWS Grindhouse

Grindhouse would not be original. That's the FedEx Forum's nickname when the Grizzlies play.

Political Hack
10-28-2014, 08:21 AM
it's the burial grounds. don't know why y'all want a new one. it's been the burials grounds forever.

Coach 57
10-28-2014, 08:23 AM
I see the 1b defense really coming into play in this game. Specifically up front. BMac needs to play a lot in this one I'm afraid. They are too big up front for him not to. Wells & Benny will have to tackle better on the edge. Arky will run a lot if toss plays in this one to set up the trap/dive plays. This will be a very physical game. Dak will have to watch his carries. Their front 7 is really good. But I think we can expose their secondary with the Fred's & Bear but especially with Malcolm.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Just win.