PDA

View Full Version : Wellllllll, we have to man up and get it done tomorrow

Coach34
06-02-2013, 09:45 PM
like Vandy and NC- the top 2 seeds in the country

Got to get it done

Goat Holder
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
I would say their pitching situation has to dry up soon, but with no name lollypops like this giving them complete games, not so sure.

msstate7
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm calling bracewell to start

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
If this team has any pride at all they will put on a good showing tomorrow. They have to be embarrassed after that game.

Ronny
06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I would say their pitching situation has to dry up soon, but with no name lollypops like this giving them complete games, not so sure.

..so much their pitching as it is us acting like ****ing retards in the field & making errors even 9 year olds don't make.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm sick at my stomach. The thought of potentially losing this Regional to Central Arkansas makes me nauseous. Eric is right, if there is an ounce of nuts in our teams pants, they will show up and wipe the floor with these assholes tomorrow.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 09:55 PM
..so much their pitching as it is us acting like ****ing retards in the field & making errors even 9 year olds don't make.

You're exactly right. I have said it all year long...we have a damn good team when we play to our strengths. The strengths of this team are the defense and pitching. Therefore the 2 main things we cannot afford to do is Walk people or commit Errors. When we do those two things, we are a very average ball club, because we don't hit well enough to overcome a ton of free runs.

If we come out tomorrow and throw strikes and don't commit errors, we'll win.

ETA: When we commit errors and give up walks against a team like South Carolina, it doesn't hurt us near as bad as when we do it against a team like Vandy or Central Arkansas. That sounds crazy, but UCA and Vandy are speed teams that are super aggressive on the base paths...so you can't give them free walks and errors or it is just like feeding a beast.

Goat Holder
06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
If they beat us tomorrow, not only will that suck, but those fools will go up to Virginia and promptly get beat 13-1 and 10-2. Not sure what our problem is with them.

Quaoarsking
06-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Hopefully. Lindgren is a recipe for disaster.

Bracewell, then Holder. No matter the score.

Will James
06-02-2013, 09:59 PM

No. It's JL's time. He's gonna step up. Too much talent not to. We got our errors out these past 2 games.

Lindgren 7 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs. Give it to John to shut the door

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM

I agree. Lindgren is not the answer against these guys.

Goat Holder
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Lindgren lasted 0.1 innings last time we played these fools. I'd go with Bracewell too. Might think about Norris.

msstate7
06-02-2013, 10:01 PM

Cohen doesn't like lefties against them. He switched pollo and graveman then skipped over lindgren for fitts. Bracewell hasn't pitched much if any so I'm calling him. Hope Cohen agrees

CadaverDawg
No. It's JL's time. He's gonna step up. Too much talent not to. We got our errors out these past 2 games.

I wish. I would put my entire VCash and Mortgage on Lindgren not going 7 innings though

Goat Holder
Sorry I'm going against you when it comes to the pitching. Lindgren is dangerous right now.

msstate7
06-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Will I like the optimism but lindgren hasn't done anything lately to make me believe that

Will James
06-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Lindgren lasted 0.1 innings last time we played these fools. I'd go with Bracewell too. Might think about Norris.

Uh cause he got hurt.

Homedawg
06-02-2013, 10:09 PM

You want to start a guy who we didn't have enough faith to start against them in a game where we had a mulligan? I wouldnt have a problem had we started him today. We start him tomorrow and we have steel balls. Plus we are dumber than u think bunting is.

Hump4Hoops
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
We have to start Lindgren, then pull him the second he gets into a jam - not after 2 runs score.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Bob Carskadon:
"MSU has committed 12 errors in five games against UCA. The one game with none: a 4-2 win. That's the key tomorrow night."

This^...and no walks.

Coach34
06-02-2013, 10:27 PM
If it were me- I'd start Lindgren and try to get 3 out of him. Then Bracewell, then Holder...

Homedawg
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
We have to start Lindgren, then pull him the second he gets into a jam - not after 2 runs score.

No we don't. We have bracewell, rmitchell, Graveman, pollo, everyone is good for some, Then holder. However, if we swing like we did tonight it won't matter who pitches.

War Machine Dawg
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Anyone calling for Bracewell to start clearly hasn't watched him pitch. He's AWFUL as a starter. Virtually every time he's started he's been shelled. Lindgren isn't the answer, but neither is Bracewell. However, he would be my first choice out of the pen tomorrow. How many pitches did Cox throw tonight? I'd be tempted to start him, on a short leash.

Coach34
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
No we don't. We have bracewell, rmitchell, Graveman, pollo, everyone is good for some, Then holder. However, if we swing like we did tonight it won't matter who pitches.

we dont really have Ross Mitchell or Graveman- they both threw alot of pitches...We have Lindgren, Bracewell, Holder, Cox, Pollo, and thats about it

Will James
06-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Lindgren is a boss. Yeah he got a little screwy in some starts lately but thats just to give UCA a glimmer of hope only to yank it out of their hearts tomorrow. He's sadistic like that. A natural born killer.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Anyone calling for Bracewell to start clearly hasn't watched him pitch. He's AWFUL as a starter. Virtually every time he's started he's been shelled. Lindgren isn't the answer, but neither is Bracewell. However, he would be my first choice out of the pen tomorrow. How many pitches did Cox throw tonight? I'd be tempted to start him, on a short leash.

Great thought on Cox. He didn't throw many pitches, but he held them in check pretty well. I would MUCH rather Cox start than Lindgren against this team. If Cox could give us once or twice through the order, then we could go with Bracewell and Holder, and Girodo on any key lefty matchups. Love that idea WMD.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Lindgren then bracewell then piece it together with holder for 3

Coach34
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Lindgren has to start- Cohen has stuck with ol C34 so far- I think he will continue

Will James
06-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Are y'all honestly concerned about tomorrow? When on, JL is our ace. UCA has NO STARTING PITCHING left. I'm glad we are playing tomorrow to get some confidence and send these inbreds back to Middle Arkansas with a 12-2 beat down.

Quaoarsking
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Are y'all honestly concerned about tomorrow? When on, JL is our ace. UCA has NO STARTING PITCHING left. I'm glad we are playing tomorrow to get some confidence and send these inbreds back to Middle Arkansas with a 12-2 beat down.

I think we probably win, but I don't trust Lindgren at all. How many times has he failed to make to the 4th inning this season? What was our record in those games?

Hump4Hoops
06-02-2013, 11:04 PM

I hope you're right, but those dick bunting bastards seem determined to **** up my Monday.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 11:05 PM

I will be concerned about tomorrow if we start Lindgren, yes. Am I mistaken or had Lindgren already walked a guy and then got a damn missile lined off his leg in the first inning against them this season? So in other words...even during the time Lindgren was pitching well for us, which was early this year, UCA ripped him in the few limited at bats. Plus, Lindgren has shown to completely melt down when runners get on base....AND we play the worst defense behind Lindgren, you even said that yourself. So yes, starting Lindgren scares me even though he SHOULD be one of our best pitchers. Just like Hunter SHOULD be one of our best hitters right now.

But for the love of God, let me be wrong about being nervous, and let Lindgren throw a damn 2 hit shutout tomorrow. I would love it.

Todd4State
06-02-2013, 11:17 PM

Yeah- because they broke his freaking leg.

Todd4State
06-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Cohen doesn't like lefties against them. He switched pollo and graveman then skipped over lindgren for fitts. Bracewell hasn't pitched much if any so I'm calling him. Hope Cohen agrees

The more I thought about that on my baseball odyssey, I think it had more to do with Graveman > defensively than Pollo plus South Alabama having 5 LH hitters in the line up.

Todd4State
06-02-2013, 11:22 PM

Ace may be going a little far, but overall, I do agree with you. The LAST thing a small ball team wants to see is a power arm. This coming from a guy that was a Cardinals fan in the 80's. Whenever we faced Dwight Gooden, I just hoped we wouldn't get no hit.

SaltyDawg
06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Ace may be going a little far, but overall, I do agree with you. The LAST thing a small ball team wants to see is a power arm. This coming from a guy that was a Cardinals fan in the 80's. Whenever we faced Dwight Gooden, I just hoped we wouldn't get no hit.

The FIRST thing they wanna see is a guy who walks/hits batters. Free bases to do their small ball thing.

Will James
06-03-2013, 08:25 AM
The FIRST thing they wanna see is a guy who walks/hits batters. Free bases to do their small ball thing.

Cool, Lindgren only has a 7.2% BB rate.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Bracewell has had one start in the last 15 months and he gave up 3 ER without recording an out to a team that struggles to hit. Got to go with Lindgren. All we need is 3 innings out of him. Then we've got practically a full bullpen that is fresh. They are down to their 6th starter, and our bullpen is way better.

I'd like to see Slauter get the start tonight. Ammo hasn't hit in this Regional, and Slauter caught Lindgren every game until he broke his hand. Plus, Slauter hit the ball pretty well in Hoover.

War Machine Dawg
06-03-2013, 08:35 AM
There's just no way I'd start Lindgren. NONE. The guy is a total headcase at this point. He completely loses his shit and wigs out when runners get on base. We'll be down 4 runs before you can blink if he takes the hill today. A small ball team that doesn't strike out much and gets on base + a headcase pitcher that melts down with runners on base = disaster waiting to happen.

And I'd bench Frazier's ass today, too. He has at least 3 Es in the last 4 games. We can't have that shit and beat these guys today.

Of course, none of this will matter if our plate approach doesn't change. That damn freshman yesterday couldn't throw a strike to save his soul and we went up hacking at ****ing every pitch he threw. If we do that shit aGAIN today, they'll have another complete game candidate. Don't know why no one is talking about this today. Pitching didn't lose us the game last night - our alleged hitters and alleged defense did.

SaltyDawg
06-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Cool, Lindgren only has a 7.2% BB rate.

Sorry, didn't bring my calculator with me today.

I'm nervous that once they get on base and put pressure on Lindgren he will lose his cool. He shuts down when something doesn't go his way (from an eye test). But, I'm sure you'll pull out some sort of stat that says otherwise.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I hate to break it to you guys that are pushing for Lindgren....Central Ark has a bunch of Right Handed hitters that crowd the plate. That is a recipe for Jacob plunking guys with that inside slider that he likes to throw. But if he keeps it away, they will just sit back and punch it up the middle and through the oppo field.

I don't like going with Lindgren against this team. I would start Will Cox if he can go.

Also, I would be willing to bet you that Kendall Graveman has been in Butch and Cohen's ears ever since we lost last night, asking for the ball tonight. I would rather see Kendall go on 2-3 days rest than to see Lindgren against this team. It's not like KG is going to ruin a pro career by pitching a few extra innings to extend his Senior year. Just a thought

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-03-2013, 09:01 AM
There's just no way I'd start Lindgren. NONE. The guy is a total headcase at this point. He completely loses his shit and wigs out when runners get on base. We'll be down 4 runs before you can blink if he takes the hill today. A small ball team that doesn't strike out much and gets on base + a headcase pitcher that melts down with runners on base = disaster waiting to happen.

And I'd bench Frazier's ass today, too. He has at least 3 Es in the last 4 games. We can't have that shit and beat these guys today.

Of course, none of this will matter if our plate approach doesn't change. That damn freshman yesterday couldn't throw a strike to save his soul and we went up hacking at ****ing every pitch he threw. If we do that shit aGAIN today, they'll have another complete game candidate. Don't know why no one is talking about this today. Pitching didn't lose us the game last night - our alleged hitters and alleged defense did.

So we shouldn't start Bracewell or Lindgren, who do you suppose we start? Cox who threw 2 innings last night and hasn't started in 3 months?

And no Frazier at SS. Got it. Dust off the glove Britton.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I hate to break it to you guys that are pushing for Lindgren....Central Ark has a bunch of Right Handed hitters that crowd the plate. That is a recipe for Jacob plunking guys with that inside slider that he likes to throw. But if he keeps it away, they will just sit back and punch it up the middle and through the oppo field.

I don't like going with Lindgren against this team. I would start Will Cox if he can go.

Also, I would be willing to bet you that Kendall Graveman has been in Butch and Cohen's ears ever since we lost last night, asking for the ball tonight. I would rather see Kendall go on 2-3 days rest than to see Lindgren against this team. It's not like KG is going to ruin a pro career by pitching a few extra innings to extend his Senior year. Just a thought

Graveman threw 96 pitches in Game 1. On 2 days rest, how many innings do you think he can be effective - 1 or 2?

Will James
06-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Graveman threw 96 pitches in Game 1. On 2 days rest, how many innings do you think he can be effective - 1 or 2?

Exactly. Give the ball to JL and let him do his thing. This is a great matchup for him Cohen. Punch and Judy don't work against him. Look at how he straight up mauled St Joes and Auburn. Dude had LSU beat. Even when he was lost against OM he should have only given up 1. Just kill them with fastball sinker and we get 7 out of him.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2013, 09:13 AM

Yep, 3 max. But that's all people are hoping for from Lindgren. Why not get an inning or 2 from Graveman, Ross, Bracewell and Holder...and use Girodo and CT for lefty matchups if needed. Just a thought. But I thought Cox looked goid against them too. He could give us a few innings.

I just dont agree with starting a guy who is obviously a bad match up, Just hoping to get 2 or 3 innings. There's better matchup pitchers we have that can give us those same 2 or 3 innings IMO

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Yep, 3 max. But that's all people are hoping for from Lindgren. Why get an inning or 2 from Graveman, Ross, Bracewell and Holder...and use Girodo and CT for lefty matchups if needed. Just a thought. But I thought Cox looked goid against them too. He could give us a few innings.

I just dont agree with starting a guy who is obviously a bad match up, Just hoping to get 2 or 3 innings. There's better matchup pitchers we have that can give us those same 2 or 3 innings IMO

I think he could be effective for one inning. You would be asking him to do something he has never done. He usually gets 6 days rest, now only 2? I'm sure he could pitch a complete game tonight, but he'd give up 15 runs. If you just want someone who knows how to start who can get us out of the first inning, then maybe, but Graveman has had his stare of first inning troubles this year too.

Lindgren has the capability to pitch a great game, we know this. Take him out if he gets a RISP in the first inning, whatever, but give him a chance.

I really think we will score 5+ runs today. They have no pitching left. Even if Lindgren has a rough 1st inning we will recover.

Coach34
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Lindgren
Pollo
Bracewell
Girodo
Cox
Holder

That's what we have available today

start Lindgren and let's see where it goes

msstate7
06-03-2013, 09:36 AM
When will they announce starter?

SaltyDawg
06-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Hopefully not until starting line-ups are due.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Lindgren
Pollo
Bracewell
Girodo
Cox
Holder

That's what we have available today

start Lindgren and let's see where it goes

You know rubber arm Ross is available too. Right or wrong Cohen will use him if need be.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-03-2013, 10:12 AM
We still have wild thing.

Homedawg
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
You know rubber arm Ross is available too. Right or wrong Cohen will use him if need be.

Ross is good for tonight. He threw somewhere around 70 pitches sat. He's a rubber arm he's good. We have everyone available except Fitts. Everyone. I don't want Graveman to have to throw, but he can get us 6 outs.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Ross is good for tonight. He threw somewhere around 70 pitches sat. He's a rubber arm he's good. We have everyone available except Fitts. Everyone. I don't want Graveman to have to throw, but he can get us 6 outs.

Yep, it's bullpen day for a majority of these guys...so they can all give us at least an inning or two. I also damn nervous about this game. I just want us to score first. If we score first I think we have a great shot at winning. We don't need them to gain confidence. If either team gets up by 2 or more.....Game.Set.Match.

Spider-Man
06-03-2013, 01:10 PM
To hell with match-ups. Pitch our best available, Lindgren should start. Tell the kid to go out there and attack the zone.

WeWillScrewItUp
06-03-2013, 01:11 PM
We still have wild thing.

Things could get extremely interesting if we went that route.