PDA

View Full Version : How the rest of the season needs to unfold in the SECW

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Alabama has to lose at least one more game this season - needs to be against us. If only loss
against Auburn, then Auburn needs to lose another game. Likely teams are TSUN or UGA.
If TSUN beats Auburn then loss to us still has them finishing at 6-2. If we lose to both Bama and
TSUN to finish 6-2 then TSUN would have to lose to both Auburn and Arkansas for 5-3 finish, Auburn
would have to lose to A&M and UGA for 6-2 finish, and bama would have to lose against both LSU &
Auburn for 5-3 finish.

All that to say we really need to win at least one of the games between TSUN and Bama.

steeldawg
10-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Ill simplify it and say this... If LSU and Auburn win out, we only need to go 1-1 against Bama and UM to win the west (assuming we beat Arky).

We REALLY need AU to take care of business against UM on Saturday. That would at least knock them out of contention. We still own the head to head tiebreaker over AU, but if it comes to a 3 way tie and auburn is involved, we don't stamd a chance.

preachermatt83
10-27-2014, 12:50 PM
lets say it unfolds this way... then who wins the west..

MSU
Only Lose to Bama

OM
Only lose to us and LSU

Auburn
Only lose to us

Bama
Only lose to OM and Auburn

In that case I think we win bc it will be a tie between us and Aub and we have head to head. Correct me if Im wrong..

Ok another scenario.... Lets say,

MSU
Only Loss is to Bama

OM
Only loss is to LSU and US

Aub
Only loss is to us and bama

Bama
Only loss to OM

THat would put Bama winner of west because it would be a tie between us and them and they would have head to head..Is that correct?

bluelightstar
10-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Easiest scenario for us (besides winning out) is Auburn wins out, and we just lose to Bama or Ole Miss.

steeldawg
10-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Yea, you got it. The only option we really have is to win it outright. If we lose one of our last 3 games, then we don't win a head to head tiebreaker with either bama or OM. My HOPE is that both these teams have 2 or more losses by the time we play them.

Dawg496
10-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I prefer that Auburn wins this weekend, and we win in Tuscaloosa and the West is decided when we beat Vandy the following week.

DawgInMemphis
10-27-2014, 01:03 PM
lets say it unfolds this way... then who wins the west..

MSU
Only Lose to Bama

OM
Only lose to us and LSU

Auburn
Only lose to us

Bama
Only lose to OM and Auburn

In that case I think we win bc it will be a tie between us and Aub and we have head to head. Correct me if Im wrong..

Ok another scenario.... Lets say,

MSU
Only Loss is to Bama

OM
Only loss is to LSU and US

Aub
Only loss is to us and bama

Bama
Only loss to OM

THat would put Bama winner of west because it would be a tie between us and them and they would have head to head..Is that correct?

Both of those are impossible scenarios. OM plays Auburn, someone has to lose.

archdog
10-27-2014, 01:33 PM
I prefer that Auburn wins this weekend, and we win in Tuscaloosa and the West is decided when we beat Vandy the following week.

Boom. I want this thing wrapped up before I eat Turkey. Heck, we could let Damien have another go against the Bears.

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm going to make this easy for y'all: We are all Auburn fans unless we get a 2nd loss.

EAVdog
10-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Auburn beats Ole Miss this weekend, knocks Ole Miss out of contention. (Really need to root for Auburn to kill Ole Miss's chance otherwise they have smooth sailing to the Egg Bowl. Their entire season hinges on this Saturday, no pressure)

LSU beats Bama in 2 weeks, knocks them out essentially. Or Auburn wins Iron Bowl.

Georgia Beats Auburn in 3 weeks, knocks them out essentially.

All we have to do is win 2 out of Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Bama. Very doable path to Atlanta and the CFP.

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm going to make this easy for y'all: We are all Auburn fans unless we get a 2nd loss.

That pretty much sums it up right there. I was debating back and forth whether or not TSUN beating Auburn was more beneficial to us. Decided it was not because 1. They're TSUN and I need them to lose every game. 2. We still need Auburn with something meaningful to play for come Iron Bowl above and beyond just beating Bama.

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 02:41 PM
My prediction (sans Mississippi State) for the rest of the big games:

Auburn beats OM
Bama beats LSU
Auburn beats UGA
Arkansas beats OM
Auburn beats Bama

If so, we just need to take care of business this weekend and win 1 of 2 against Bama and OM.