PDA

View Full Version : This morning's narrative

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 09:20 AM
1. Todd Wade sounds literally drunk on Bo Bounds

2. Ole Miss has best WRs in the nation

3. LSU is a much much better team now than earlier in the year, and shame on Bo Bounds for going along with this "hook, line, and sinker" Here is my post from yesterday if anyone wants a better understanding of why LSU isn't much better: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?23762-Is-LSU-really-better-now-than-when-we-played-them

4. Ole Miss' defense is still the best in the country. However, this is ignoring that LSU just ran the ball for 264 yards on their them, and that LSU should have been up 10 points in the first 5 minutes of the game.

5. Hugh was dialing down the offense because Ole Miss' defense is so good, and because LSU scored so late in the game, it was too late to turn on the offensive switch. This ignores the fact that LSU dropped 4 or so "gimme" interceptions and the fact that Ole Miss probably couldn't run the ball on Starkville High School.

6. Ole Miss still controls it's own destiny. Well....of course they do, but so does Florida in the SEC East. You can't ignore that your offense sucks and you are no better than a slightly above average SEC team.

Did I miss any?

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 09:32 AM
so does State and Bama and UGA and Florida.

BossDawg
10-27-2014, 09:40 AM
3. LSU is a much much better team now than earlier in the year,

Why would they want to go with this line? So, LSU is improving but UMiss isn't? That's pretty much what I get when they say that.

DLGDawg
10-27-2014, 09:51 AM
I think us and the rebels are the only 2 left in the west that (at this point) control their own destiny. ?

so does State and Bama and UGA and Florida.

DawgPoundtheRock
10-27-2014, 09:58 AM
6. OM still controls its own destiny. Well of course they do and so does every other athletic team on the planet regardless of what that destiny may be. Stupid comment, and you can't fix stupid.

Dawg496
10-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Yeah Bama could win out, but if Ole Miss also wins out, OM would be in Atlanta.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah Bama could win out, but if Ole Miss also wins out, OM would be in Atlanta.

Correct, but that disregards the quality of play on the field. When you have these two guys blocking and running for you, you ain't winning out

http://www.bestbendhomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/fatty31.jpg

http://www.kymleeisawesome.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/football_boy.jpg

Jacksondevildog
10-27-2014, 10:12 AM
The main thing being overlooked by Rebel fans is that LSU squandered 10 points right out of the gate with the missed chip shot field goal of 29 yards and the fumble inside the 1. LSU also dropped about 4 INT's and Jennings kept turning the ball over on throws. The player of the game for Ole Miss was the punter who continuously kept LSU inside their own 10 with some good punts.

DLGDawg
10-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Spin-
"LSU is a much much better team now than earlier in the year"

Reality-
LSU is an improved team since week 4 or 5.
Here's the kicker-SO IS EVERYONE ELSE.
Question is, where was your coaching staff or what have they been doing while everyone else has been improving?

TheRef
10-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Exactly, they write the narrative that makes them feel good. Perception is truly reality for them.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm hearing a lot of "struggled with Kentucky." Forget UK was undefeated at home and is much improved this season. I guess we were suppose to win by fify.

Jacksondevildog
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Kentucky gave us their best shot. They brought back multiple national championship teams and old legends, had Calipari speak to the crowd, had chrome helmets, CBS game and a packed house, and we still won by 2 TD's. If we would have committed to the run earlier in the game and stayed with it, we would have won by 4 TD's.

deadheaddawg
10-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Why would they want to go with this line? So, LSU is improving but UMiss isn't? That's pretty much what I get when they say that.

Well if they want to go that route, they need to keep in mind Bama is play MUCH better now than they were agianst Ole Miss and Arky

EdDawg
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
This ignores the fact that LSU dropped 4 or so "gimme" interceptions and the fact that Ole Miss probably couldn't run the ball on Starkville High School.

Yeah, but come on Starkville has the best defense in the nation. No way state could run on them either.***

justwin
10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
good stuff. don't forget

#7: "There is no dominant team in the SEC this season, and it’s about time everyone accepts that". Remember, every since OM lost, then all teams are created equal and there is no dominant team b/c if OM isn't dominant, then there's no possible way any other team can be. http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/91960/sec-race-is-all-about-survival

1. Todd Wade sounds literally drunk on Bo Bounds

2. Ole Miss has best WRs in the nation

3. LSU is a much much better team now than earlier in the year, and shame on Bo Bounds for going along with this "hook, line, and sinker" Here is my post from yesterday if anyone wants a better understanding of why LSU isn't much better: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?23762-Is-LSU-really-better-now-than-when-we-played-them

4. Ole Miss' defense is still the best in the country. However, this is ignoring that LSU just ran the ball for 264 yards on their them, and that LSU should have been up 10 points in the first 5 minutes of the game.

5. Hugh was dialing down the offense because Ole Miss' defense is so good, and because LSU scored so late in the game, it was too late to turn on the offensive switch. This ignores the fact that LSU dropped 4 or so "gimme" interceptions and the fact that Ole Miss probably couldn't run the ball on Starkville High School.

6. Ole Miss still controls it's own destiny. Well....of course they do, but so does Florida in the SEC East. You can't ignore that your offense sucks and you are no better than a slightly above average SEC team.

Did I miss any?

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
I think us and the rebels are the only 2 left in the west that (at this point) control their own destiny. ?

You're not considering the fact that we're going to beat OM after they lose to Auburn.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2014, 01:39 PM

And now he's already making excuses for the game with auBarn...I'm so glad we don't have a bitch of a coach that let's opponents see this type of shit:http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/hugh-freeze-concerned-former-staff-now-auburn/
After spending one season as an administrative intern in Oxford, former Arkansas State quarterback Ryan Aplin joined Gus Malzahn’s staff at Auburn this season as a graduate assistant. Freeze was then forced to change play calls and signs in the offseason. Aplin will watch film with the Tigers’ defense this week.

BulldogBear
10-27-2014, 02:42 PM
KY's QB also suddenly became a real run threat. Whether by design or adjustment it worked and we weren't ready for it. That has as much to do with the psuedo close nature of the KY game as anything.