PDA

View Full Version : another thought regarding Dak's possible foot?, leg?, ankle? and the 1b defense....

RC3
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
it occurred to me last night that there is an additional problem with the 1b defensive subs. And as stated previously, I understand the philosophy, we have seen it pay dividends and we have also seen some problems. It seemed that everytime we would go up 14 in that game on saturday, we would then trot out at least a large portion of the 1b defense. I could be wrong, but it seemed that each big play, td, etc that KY had was in large part due to the defensive personnel on the field. They would then promptly get back to within 7. whoops one possession game again. got to run your starters (including our most valuable player) on offense out there again to go back up by two possessions, all the while risking injury to those crucial players, and then the cycle would repeat itself. go up by 14>let them answer on 1b>put our O starters out there again> go up by 14>run 1b D out and let them answer......
What if we had gone up by 21 or 28 by leaving 1a in until we did so? Do we have to risk putting Dak out there nearly as much? or at a minimum would he have to run as much? Would the opponents will to win be crushed? would the stadium empty out eliminating home field advantage? Does Dak tweak his ankle?
just another downside of 1a/1b imo

sleepy dawg
10-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Drive Summary of the first half.

K - Punt A
M - TD
K - TD B
M - Punt
K - Fumble A
M - FG
K - Punt A
M - TD
K - FG B
M - Miss FG
K - Punt A
M - Int
K - Missed FG B

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how the first half went down and who played (A or B). As you can see, there is quite a big difference... Huge actually. I tried to keep up with it, but eventually lost track.

Mjoelner34
10-27-2014, 09:50 AM

K - Punt A
M - TD
K - TD B
M - Punt
K - Fumble A
M - FG
K - Punt A
M - TD
K - FG B
M - Miss FG
K - Punt A
M - Int
K - Missed FG B

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how the first half went down and who played (A or B). As you can see, there is quite a big difference... Huge actually. I tried to keep up with it, but eventually lost track.

I think you're right with that. And, breaking it down further, about 90% of our problem is on the 1B secondary.

bulldawg28
10-27-2014, 10:03 AM
It's not the secondary solely it's too many holes with the entire group.

RC3
10-27-2014, 10:03 AM
I think you're right with that. And, breaking it down further, about 90% of our problem is on the 1B secondary.

yeah i mean our 1b line would still be one of the best in the league. it is primarily the inexperience in the secondary that is proving to be the problem. has been all year

Ralph
10-27-2014, 10:36 AM

K - Punt A
M - TD
K - TD B
M - Punt
K - Fumble A
M - FG
K - Punt A
M - TD
K - FG B
M - Miss FG
K - Punt A
M - Int
K - Missed FG B

Wish we could see this breakdown for the entire year. My hope is that we see more of the 1a vs bama and om.

RougeDawg
10-27-2014, 10:56 AM
Why aren't we mixing the groups up much? I know I saw some mixing of the A's and B's in crucial series against Auburn and LSU but have not seen it much, if at all, in the other games.

fishwater99
10-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Why aren't we mixing the groups up much? I know I saw some mixing of the A's and B's in crucial series against Auburn and LSU but have not seen it much, if at all, in the other games.

There is no logical answer to your question..