PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Dodd say Mullen would go to Michigan...

Goat Holder
10-27-2014, 08:00 AM
...and no way he stays at MSU no matter what. Says wh?t's happening now is once in a decade.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 08:04 AM
He's also from Kansas City and probably has little clue about MSU, Mullen, or Mississippi. I wouldn't worry about it.

AlmostPositive
10-27-2014, 08:10 AM
He is also one of the very few writers who doesn't even Dak in his top four for Heisman. Looks like he may be fueled by something other than objective analysis.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 08:12 AM
This is where I think College Football writers miss the boat:

1. When has Michigan won in the past decade?

2. Maybe Lloyd Carr's NC at Michigan was a once in a decade type thing. Bo Schembechler NEVER won a NC at Michigan, and no one has won one since Lloyd Car

So, why would Mullen go to Michigan?

To coach in a weaker conference? or to coach in a bigger stadium for home games?

The national media make inaccurate assumptions. Michigan is apparently a very difficult job that people don't realize is a very difficult job, but you'll never hear that for some reason.

Dawgface
10-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Michigan would have been a possibility early on for Mullen, but now that he is reaping the rewards of his hard work at MSU I just don't see it anymore. Plus with the failures of other good head coaches have had at Mich, I wouldn't care to take a chance on it. Now if Mullen has a thing for Big 10 football because he is from the north, then all bets are off. Mullen appears happy here to me.

TrapGame
10-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Michigan is a four alarm dumpster fire!!

EAVdog
10-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Yeah, we're ranked #1 about every ten years. At least that's been the case in my lifetime, right fellas?

Lloyd Christmas
10-27-2014, 08:16 AM
...and no way he stays at MSU no matter what. Says wh?t's happening now is once in a decade.

Yea Dennis Dodd has shown way too many anti-MSU cards at this point. Did one of us f**k his wife?

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah, we're ranked #1 about every ten years. At least that's been the case in my lifetime, right fellas?

Well... that's about the same as Michigan. It's not an easy job. If it was, more people would have national titles there

BulldogBacker
10-27-2014, 08:18 AM
The first non-Michigan Head Coach in eons at Michigan, Rich Rodriguez, tried to install a spread offense and changed the philosophy of recruiting. Michigan alumni and former players, who were used to the pro style offenses revolted and withdrew support. When things didn't go as planned, and Michigan struggled with the change, Rich Rod was ditched, then picked up by Greg Byrnes at Arizona. Michigan will never hire Mullen. He is not a Michigan Man and runs a spread offense.

Coach34
10-27-2014, 08:24 AM
No coach is leaving today's SEC unless it for a dream type if job. It's one thing to leave Vandy- where entrance requirements and such are much different- but nobody else is losing a coach to another conference unless it's a once in a lifetime job. Michigan is not that type of job for Mullen.

Dawg61
10-27-2014, 08:27 AM
No coach is leaving today's SEC unless it for a dream type if job. It's one thing to leave Vandy- where entrance requirements and such are much different- but nobody else is losing a coach to another conference unless it's a once in a lifetime job. Michigan is not that type of job for Mullen.

Why is this thread allowed and I get banned for a similar one?

Political Hack
10-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Why is this thread allowed and I get banned for a similar one?

good point. CDM already walked away from Michigan when they fired Rich Rod. Why would be go now that he's got a statue on the way?