PDA

View Full Version : A serious record within reach for Dak

curmudgeon
10-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Hope you guys are sitting down.

Dak needs to average just 3.14 TDs per game to break Tim Tebow's record of 55 touchdowns in a season. If he gets an extra game to do it, he only needs 2.75. He has had at least 3 in every game this season.

Smitty
10-26-2014, 09:31 PM
Martin Vandy and OM should help pad those stats.

We very well could be lining up the greatest season in college football history.

messageboardsuperhero
10-26-2014, 09:51 PM
How many games are you counting on us playing?

I've got Dak at 26 total TDs right now (15 passing, 10 rushing, and 1 receiving). He would need 29 more to get to 55, and he would have five more regular season games to do it... So please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not really seeing where 3.14 TDs per game is coming from.

Obviously we'll get at least six games, but even if you had us going all the way to the national championship, he'd still need 3.625 TDs per game to get to 55 total...

curmudgeon
10-26-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm bad at the maths. Sorry. super hero is right.

Quaoarsking
10-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Also, the stat "Total Touchdowns" is only passing + rushing, so don't count his receiving TD.

messageboardsuperhero
10-26-2014, 11:32 PM
I'm bad at the maths. Sorry. super hero is right.

To me, that just puts Tebow's numbers into perspective.

Also, Tebow never had a RB like J-Rob to hand it off to at the goal line. He ALWAYS carried the ball in the redzone, whereas Dak splits those goal line carries with J-Rob. If Dak did get the amount of carries that Tebow did down near the endzone, he'd probably have more like 30 TDs instead of 25 this year.

Percho
10-27-2014, 07:54 AM
To me, that just puts Tebow's numbers into perspective.

Also, Tebow never had a RB like J-Rob to hand it off to at the goal line. He ALWAYS carried the ball in the redzone, whereas Dak splits those goal line carries with J-Rob. If Dak did get the amount of carries that Tebow did down near the endzone, he'd probably have more like 30 TDs instead of 25 this year.

Yep we had it inside the 5 against LSU and Dak did not carry it at all and it nearly came back to bite us.