PDA

View Full Version : Massive Egg Bowl watching party

JohnGalt
10-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Saw that tickets to the Egg Bowl are going for $200-350 already and curious if anyone in the admin has anything in the works for a EB watching party at Davis Wade?

Commonly done for home crowds of soccer clubs for away games so someone somewhere knows how to execute. Charge $10 to get in to cover lights, security, and insurance. Open up the concessions and don't check coolers.

Would be a party.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Saw that tickets to the Egg Bowl are going for $200-350 already and curious if anyone in the admin has anything in the works for a EB watching party at Davis Wade?

Commonly done for home crowds of soccer clubs for away games so someone somewhere knows how to execute. Charge $10 to get in to cover lights, security, and insurance. Open up the concessions and don't check coolers.

Would be a party.

one more lose and those tickets will come down.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Would be awesome if they announced this and then OM lost to Auburn, and we ended up with a sellout at Davis Wade AND a maroon crowd at the Vaught

FlabLoser
10-26-2014, 08:23 PM
I'd probably make the trip for a viewing party.

Dallas_Dawg
10-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Would be awesome if they announced this and then OM lost to Auburn, and we ended up with a sellout at Davis Wade AND a maroon crowd at the Vaught

If it is near as cold as it was last year for the Egg Bowl, I think most people would watch it at home in front of the fireplace than go to DWS, IMO. It's a good idea that some people may do, but a sellout is highly unlikely.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Victory pizza

M.Fillmore
10-26-2014, 08:32 PM
My family has already talked about this if we make the National Title game. I had a bama fan who goes to their bowl games tell me that nosebleeds were $2,500 for when they beat Texas for the title (he passed on those tix). I think we could put a big crowd in for that TV game.

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 09:18 PM
First, that was Alabama and Texas, two of the biggest fan bases in college football. So, I wouldn't doubt the price. I have wondered how our fanbase would attend if we made it to 15 games. That's a lot of dough around the holidays. You're talking about a trip to Atlanta, and if you win it, then a trip to probably Sugar Bowl, if you win that, National Championship game. Even the people that plan on going to something will likely have to choose which they go to, because a lot of people (from any fanbase) won't be able to afford all of them.

Mutt the Hoople
10-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks giving weekend? I'm not so sure, unless they let the students come back from break a day early if they want.

engie
10-26-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll be having my Egg Bowl watch party in Oxford, where we're going to party like 98...

Ticket prices are going to come down IMO...

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 10:38 PM
I'll be having my Egg Bowl watch party in Oxford, where we're going to party like 98...

Ticket prices are going to come down IMO...

I'm banking on it heavily. Damn our ticket office for not having the away game tickets system working when I ordered my season tickets. I bet I tried 8-10 times to get tickets to the Battle for the Golden Egg, and it never would let me.

RC3
10-26-2014, 10:41 PM
First, that was Alabama and Texas, two of the biggest fan bases in college football. So, I wouldn't doubt the price. I have wondered how our fanbase would attend if we made it to 15 games. That's a lot of dough around the holidays. You're talking about a trip to Atlanta, and if you win it, then a trip to probably Sugar Bowl, if you win that, National Championship game. Even the people that plan on going to something will likely have to choose which they go to, because a lot of people (from any fanbase) won't be able to afford all of them.

I've already decided that if we somehow pull it off, I'll just get a credit card and finance the whole thing. You are talking about 10k for two