PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss in driver's seat....

BulldogBear
10-26-2014, 07:36 PM
That was the response I got from several Bears today. I encountered perhaps 40-50 of them and after whatever requesite gripe, they almost all act like they won they game. "We're in the driver's seat." Yes, they control their own destiny but that's not the same thing. At least from my point of view the spin machine has moved quickly to turn this LSU game into more or less a draw between two knock down drag out powerhouses who stand together against the evil that is Mississippi State. It's very pathetic from both LSU and Ole Miss people today. After last night's game they are both convinced that they would skull drag us if we played next week.

Coach34
10-26-2014, 07:42 PM
It's their talking points they decide on from the private boards. Then all the minions spew that BS in unison until they believe it

Jack Lambert
10-26-2014, 07:42 PM
and they woke up Saturday morning thinking the same thing about LSU. I think it's going to take Auburn beating them and Arkansas taking them to the wire before reality sets in on most of them.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 07:56 PM
They are retards if they think that offense or their quitter QB puts them in drivers seat for anything more than the Outback or Music City Bowl

TUSK
10-26-2014, 08:06 PM
That was the response I got from several Bears today. I encountered perhaps 40-50 of them and after whatever requesite gripe, they almost all act like they won they game. "We're in the driver's seat." Yes, they control their own destiny but that's not the same thing. At least from my point of view the spin machine has moved quickly to turn this LSU game into more or less a draw between two knock down drag out powerhouses who stand together against the evil that is Mississippi State. It's very pathetic from both LSU and Ole Miss people today. After last night's game they are both convinced that they would skull drag us if we played next week.

I know it certainly wouldn't be in yall's best interest, but I can't help but imagine the meltdown if UM somehow won out, won the SECCG and drew Bammer in the playoff semis...

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM
pretty sure State is driving right now.

Ole Miss is riding b!+<h in the back seat.

msstate7
10-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I know it certainly wouldn't be in yall's best interest, but I can't help but imagine the meltdown if UM somehow won out, won the SECCG and drew Bammer in the playoff semis...

I don't see OM or bama winning out

AlmostPositive
10-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Old Talking Point: State beat the worst LSU team in 20 years, no big deal
New Talking Point: Ole Miss controls their own destiny.

Reality: Bo and Hugh and that inadequate inside running game don't control much of anything.

BiscuitEater
10-26-2014, 08:15 PM
That was the response I got from several Bears today.

to get to work tomorrow morning... gonna be a fun week as my bear co-workers scramble to avoid me after spending most of last week 'esplaining exactly how' the mighty rebs were going to dismantle LSU.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't see OM or bama winning out

Bama will likely be favored in every game, but @LSU, MSU and AU are all gonna be tough... especially if we don't get Cam back...

I think AU & MSU both will clip UM...

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:25 PM

You wish you could draw OM in the playoff. Neither of you will have to worry about that.

Coach34
10-26-2014, 08:27 PM
The State-Bama winner is going to win the West

smootness
10-26-2014, 08:32 PM
The State-Bama winner is going to win the West

We'll see, Auburn will still have something to say about it. Their schedule is really tough, but I think they're a better team than Bama is. There's still something off about Bama.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 08:32 PM
You wish you could draw OM in the playoff. Neither of you will have to worry about that.

elaborate...

Coach34
10-26-2014, 08:33 PM
We'll see, Auburn will still have something to say about it. Their schedule is really tough, but I think they're a better team than Bama is. There's still something off about Bama.

Auburn may be a better team- but they play @Ole Missus, @Georgia, and @Bama. They probably lose the last 2

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Tusk, you are trying, as hard as a Bama fan can try, to be humble over here....but let's face it, you think you guys will cruise in Tuscaloosa against us. Am I right? Just be honest. You can tell that there is no worry on your behalf about the bulldogs.....you seem to have somewhat of the same mindset that LSU, A&M, and Auburn fans had about us. And that doesn't bother me...I get it....I'm just curious to know the true, honest, feelings of a Bama fan about #1 MSU coming to BammerLand. So take off your "gotta be civil on a MSU board" glasses, and shoot me straight. Y'all all think you will roll us in T-Town, don't you?

msstate7
10-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Auburn may be a better team- but they play @Ole Missus, @Georgia, and @Bama. They probably lose the last 2

Bama plays at lsu and home games against state and auburn. I wouldn't chalk them up running the table just yet

TUSK
10-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Tusk, you are trying, as hard as a Bama fan can try, to be humble over here....but let's face it, you think you guys will cruise in Tuscaloosa against us. Am I right? Just be honest. You can tell that there is no worry on your behalf about the bulldogs.....you seem to have somewhat of the same mindset that LSU, A&M, and Auburn fans had about us. And that doesn't bother me...I get it....I'm just curious to know the true, honest, feelings of a Bama fan about #1 MSU coming to BammerLand. So take off your "gotta be civil on a MSU board" glasses, and shoot me straight. Y'all all think you will roll us in T-Town, don't you?

Sure I think Bammer's gonna win... I believe they have more talent on both sides of the ball and playing at home seems to help Sims a lot.

the only way Bama "rolls" MSU is if we start out hot like we have in a few games and gets up a couple of scores early... If Bama can take away MSU's run game by forcing them to press, it could get out of hand...

I think Bama's WR corps is going to be very difficult for the MSU secondary to contain, especially if our OL can hold up...

Now, if MSU can weather the storm, keep it close early and maintain balance, it's gonna be a close game...

all this being said, I am more concerned about playing in DV at night and the Iron Bowl than I am getting MSU at home...

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Was 2006 the last time we won in Tuscaloosa? Wasn't it the year we stuffed John Cougar Mellencamp Parker Wilson on a goal line stand before the half? Or am I mistaken?

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:49 PM
elaborate...

I don't think you can beat Us, LSU and Auburn. You MIGHT get 2 but not all 3. I think we get you for sure and Auburn gets you. I'm not convinced yet that all your problems are fixed with playing A&M and Tenn. They aren't real good tests right now. Cooper hasn't seen a defensive back or a defense in weeks and he is having a field day and carrying the offense. Y'all look better than you did at UPig but I think you will really be tested at LSU. Provided we get no nicks the next 2 weeks we beat you. We are going to try to do the same things to each other and quite frankly this year our players are better and deeper. Auburn is better than you and I think they show it this weekend.

OM...they are about to meltdown. Auburn beats them, we beat them, and Arkansas going to give them all they want. Auburn may send their season over the edge this weekend and I could see them all turning on themselves. Hell you guys swallowed your own dicks against them and should have won.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:51 PM
Sure I think Bammer's gonna win... I believe they have more talent on both sides of the ball and playing at home seems to help Sims a lot.

the only way Bama "rolls" MSU is if we start out hot like we have in a few games and gets up a couple of scores early... If Bama can take away MSU's run game by forcing them to press, it could get out of hand...

I think Bama's WR corps is going to be very difficult for the MSU secondary to contain, especially if our OL can hold up...

Now, if MSU can weather the storm, keep it close early and maintain balance, it's gonna be a close game...

all this being said, I am more concerned about playing in DV at night and the Iron Bowl than I am getting MSU at home...

This is way more homer sunshine shit than I'm used to seeing from you. You in the bottle tonite?

smootness
10-26-2014, 08:54 PM

I can't wait for this to be brought back up after the game. We will be ready for that game like none other in our history.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 08:55 PM
This is way more homer sunshine shit than I'm used to seeing from you. You in the bottle tonite?

I asked him to be totally honest, and he was. And I appreciate it. I'm pretty good at reading between the lines, and I knew everything he would say if he was being honest.....and that was him being honest.

That is how the entire Bama fanbase feels, and it's also how undefeated LSU, A&M, and Auburn felt. We'll see what happens. I'm not making my prediction yet.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Was 2006 the last time we won in Tuscaloosa? Wasn't it the year we stuffed John Cougar Mellencamp Parker Wilson on a goal line stand before the half? Or am I mistaken?

I had nuero-surgery to remove all Bammer memories between 1996 and 2008...

since Year of My Bear 1958, MSU whacked Bammer in both '97 and '06...

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:58 PM
I had nuero-surgery to remove all Bammer memories between 1996 and 2008...

since Year of My Bear 1958, MSU whacked Bammer in both '97 and '06...

Ha!

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 09:01 PM

Correct. before then it was 1997.
2006: Mississippi State traveled to Tuscaloosa looking for its first SEC win of the season, while Alabama came in at 6-3. The game featured a pick-6 by each defense, and the Bulldogs stuffed Tide quarterback John Parker Wilson just outside of the goal line to end the first half. Anthony Dixon ran for 121 yards, and the Bulldog defense held the Tide out of the end zone in the second half to seal the upset win.[19]

codeDawg
10-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Here's the deal. Nobody with 1 loss is eliminated from winning the West yet. The problem is that you just used your mulligan and you have three ball busters left. Auburn and Bama are in a similar boat, but Bama has by far the easiest path out with MSU and AU at home. LSU is dangerous, but not deadly.

We don't get a Mulligan. Actually, we could lose to the piggies, as long as we don't lose to Bama or UM. Those two are must wins for the SEC if things hold in the most likely scenario. Deep inside, I think the piggies roll UM.

For the 4 team playoff, I think we only need to beat UM.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 09:05 PM

do you feel I posted anything that's untrue?...

and no, I'm actually sober for the moment.... lemme go mix one and come right back:D

Offshore Dawg
10-27-2014, 06:55 AM

Tusk your arrogant ass has to get by Auburn first.

MarketingBully01
10-27-2014, 07:25 AM

Our offense is better and more balanced then your offense. If we double Cooper and can shut your running game down with basically our front four, we have a real good chance to win the game. Either way, it won't be easy for either team. Every defense that has tried to neutralize Cooper by doubling him has been successful stopping you guys. That has been Kiffin/Sims Achilles heel depending on Cooper too much. Will be a good game and also will be the toughest game left on your schedule for you guys. I think we win in a close one.

Coach34
10-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I hate to inform Mr Tusk- but you indeed do not have more talent in your defensive front 7 than we do. We are the best front 7 in the SEC- and that means the nation.

Bama also is not more talented than us at QB, starting RB, or WR

EAVdog
10-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Maybe we SHOULD lose to Bama so we can be in 'The Driver's Seat', I mean it worked for Ole Miss.

DawgHouseUnited
10-27-2014, 08:27 AM
Re: TSUN, they can't help it when they see articles like THIS (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jerry-palm/24768575/despite-ole-miss-loss-to-lsu-reb), which says that the OM 1-loss team is a shoe-in for the playoff, while the undefeated #1 team in the nation (us) is destined to miss out.

Dawg61
10-27-2014, 08:31 AM

Josh Dobbs and Tennessee outscored Bama 20-14 for the rest of the game after he came in the 1st quarter.

Johnson85
10-27-2014, 09:05 AM
elaborate...

You need elaboration after losing to a one dimensional Ole Miss team with a defense that is susceptible to a power running game?

Beating up on a reeling A&M team and a UT team that couldn't beat UF may be good for your confidence, but it doesn't show that Bama has fixed its issues yet. It's still not clear that Bama's OL and Defense are good enough that it can do what it should do, which is pound the ball inside unless it's throwing playaction to cooper and count on the D to win games. If you don't do that (whether it's because Kiffen outsmarts himself or because you can't do it), it means you're relying on Sims to win the game for you.

Bama is still a very good team, but it has basically toss-ups against Auburn and MSU and has a very losable game against LSU in Baton Rouge. If Auburn didn't have a much tougher schedule, Bama would be the much less likely Alabama team to make it to the playoffs.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 09:11 AM
I hate to inform Mr Tusk- but you indeed do not have more talent in your defensive front 7 than we do. We are the best front 7 in the SEC- and that means the nation.

Bama also is not more talented than us at QB, starting RB, or WR

Agree to disagree, then. To fully disclose, I judged talent based on "next level"/draft potential.

Dallas_Dawg
10-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Agree to disagree, then. To fully disclose, I judged talent based on "next level"/draft potential.

Chris Jones and Riche Brown are on second string. That should tell you how deep our front 7 really is. Jones is a potential high draft pick and Richie was Sec DPOW a few weeks ago.

Martianlander
10-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I don't think the playoff committee is going to let more than one SEC team in. I don't agree with that, probably the SEC has the two best and maybe the three best teams in the country, but I believe this was completely set up to avoid having more than one.
Worst case, Georgia loses another game but wins the SEC championship game-no SEC teams in.

Hope I am wrong-we just need to win out and not worry about it.

Dawgheadcheese
10-27-2014, 10:19 AM

I understand you are an Alabama fan and you should be optimistic. It's college football and every fan should be partial to their team. But if you think Alabama will be a distinct favorite against MSU, you are leaving optimism and bordering on delusional. MSU is loaded with talent from top to bottom. Our defense is loaded with excellent SEC caliber players - so is our QB, RB and several receivers. Unlike Kentucky and other lesser teams, Alabama won't have the luxury of seeing our 1B defense for half the game. Get ready for a war, because that's what is coming. The only chance that doesn't happen is if Prescott or Robinson is sidelined due to injury. So talk it up between now and game time. But be sure to come back after the game.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 10:59 AM
I understand you are an Alabama fan and you should be optimistic. It's college football and every fan should be partial to their team. But if you think Alabama will be a distinct favorite against MSU, you are leaving optimism and bordering on delusional. MSU is loaded with talent from top to bottom. Our defense is loaded with excellent SEC caliber players - so is our QB, RB and several receivers. Unlike Kentucky and other lesser teams, Alabama won't have the luxury of seeing our 1B defense for half the game. Get ready for a war, because that's what is coming. The only chance that doesn't happen is if Prescott or Robinson is sidelined due to injury. So talk it up between now and game time. But be sure to come back after the game.

I agree on all your points. I think the line will be 4-5ish unless something changes.

cheewgumm
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
I agree that Bama will be favored at their place. I agree about 4-5 seems right...maybe even 6.5. I don't think it will be more than a TD.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
You need elaboration after losing to a one dimensional Ole Miss team with a defense that is susceptible to a power running game?

Beating up on a reeling A&M team and a UT team that couldn't beat UF may be good for your confidence, but it doesn't show that Bama has fixed its issues yet. It's still not clear that Bama's OL and Defense are good enough that it can do what it should do, which is pound the ball inside unless it's throwing playaction to cooper and count on the D to win games. If you don't do that (whether it's because Kiffen outsmarts himself or because you can't do it), it means you're relying on Sims to win the game for you.

Bama is still a very good team, but it has basically toss-ups against Auburn and MSU and has a very losable game against LSU in Baton Rouge. If Auburn didn't have a much tougher schedule, Bama would be the much less likely Alabama team to make it to the playoffs.

Solid post. Add the fact that Cam is hurt, and the OL troubles may have even gotten worse. He was our best lineman IMO.

Covercorner2
10-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Bama is a 6.5 point favorite as of today...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Josh Dobbs and Tennessee outscored Bama 20-14 for the rest of the game after he came in the 1st quarter.
And that's why we should have confidence against Bama. Until Saban can show that he can contain a running QB, we've got a shot to win it for sure. Hell, Dobbs had around 80 yards rushing.

Johnson85
10-27-2014, 12:25 PM
I don't think the playoff committee is going to let more than one SEC team in. I don't agree with that, probably the SEC has the two best and maybe the three best teams in the country, but I believe this was completely set up to avoid having more than one.
Worst case, Georgia loses another game but wins the SEC championship game-no SEC teams in.

Hope I am wrong-we just need to win out and not worry about it.

No chance the playoff doesn't have 1 SEC team.

I do agree that I think the SEC won't get more than one team in. If there is a one-loss SEC team that isn't SEC champion, they will have proven themselves to be one of the top 4 teams in the country, but a one loss big 10, PAC 12, Big 12, and ACC champion and a one loss ND will get in before a second SEC team. A two loss Oregon probably gets in before a second SEC team.

It's not going to be enough for a second SEC team to be deserving, there's going to have to be a second SEC team that is clearly one of the top 4 teams and also 3 of the other major conference champions + Notre Dame proving beyond a doubt that they are not worthy.

Dawgheadcheese
10-27-2014, 01:35 PM
I agree on all your points. I think the line will be 4-5ish unless something changes.

Sounds right.

BulldogBear
10-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Maybe we SHOULD lose to Bama so we can be in 'The Driver's Seat', I mean it worked for Ole Miss.

Yes, they act as if it's better that they lost.

Today's gem on the Bear front at work is that now that they have lost to LSU we have no chance to beat them...because they lost to LSU and they always beat us when they do. I'm not making this up. It's whatever they have to tell themselves to carry on.

I seen it dawg
10-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Solid post. Add the fact that Cam is hurt, and the OL troubles may have even gotten worse. He was our best lineman IMO.

And that's part of the problem. A frosh being y'all's best isn't the formula for you guys traditionally. Speaks to the weakness potentially.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 07:35 PM
And that's part of the problem. A frosh being y'all's best isn't the formula for you guys traditionally. Speaks to the weakness potentially.

normally, I'd agree with you, but this cat would start most anywhere he played... He could end up being a Chris Samuel type... and if he stays on track, he'll be a top 10 pick after his 3rd year.

He handled UF's Fowler (surprisingly) well.

that being said, our OL has had injuries and spells of inconsistency... just as it gets better, our BellCow goes down... (see what I did there?)

<sigh>

I seen it dawg
10-27-2014, 07:40 PM
normally, I'd agree with you, but this cat would start most anywhere he played... He could end up being a Chris Samuel type... and if he stays on track, he'll be a top 10 pick after his 3rd year.

He handled UF's Fowler (surprisingly) well.

that being said, our OL has had injuries and spells of inconsistency... just as it gets better, our BellCow goes down... (see what I did there?)

<sigh>

Freshman

Coach34
10-27-2014, 07:48 PM

McKinney- 1st round
Chris Jones- 1st-2nd round
Preston Smith- 3rd-4th round at worst right now
Eulls and PJ Jones- starting to slip into the 5th-7th round range
Cheetah- 4th-5th round
Bennie Brown- will be drafted
Ryan Brown- starting to climb with scouts

We have a shitload of draft picks coming out of our front 7

TUSK
10-27-2014, 09:08 PM
McKinney- 1st round
Chris Jones- 1st-2nd round
Preston Smith- 3rd-4th round at worst right now
Eulls and PJ Jones- starting to slip into the 5th-7th round range
Cheetah- 4th-5th round
Bennie Brown- will be drafted
Ryan Brown- starting to climb with scouts

We have a shitload of draft picks coming out of our front 7

that's strong... I don't think I had PJ, Eulls, or either of the Browns on my list, but I'll defer to you...

I had NICK J as one... don't know "Cheetah"... Wells???

for Bammer (when eligible):

DE - Jonathon Allen (5-7)
DE - Xaviar Dickson (not certain, but I think he'd gotten drafted last year if he'd declared; prolly 3-5)
DT/NT - A’Shawn Robinson (1st)
DT/NT - Lake (6-FA)
DT/NT - Ivory (6-FA)
DT - Jareen Reed (working in that direction - could end up 3-5)
DT - DJ Pettaway (working in that direction - prolly LATE/FA)
ILB - Trey Depriest (2-4)
ILB - Denzel Devall (3-5)
ILB - Reggie Ragland (climbing meteorically - is becoming our best "true" LB)
OLB/DE - Ryan Anderson (4-6)
ILB - Dillon Lee (our "Richie Brown" - maybe, maybe a FA)

there's other "potential" (R. Foster, D. Hand, T. Williamson, D. Liner, etc...), but I've not seen enough of them at the SEC level, yet....

objective question for ya: How do you think the D talent in the '14 MSU/Bammer game will compare to the '11 LSU/Bammer BCSNCG?

Coach34
10-27-2014, 09:27 PM
2011 game had some outstanding talent- no doubt. Lots more 1st=3rd round guys....but this year's State-Bammer game has quite a few guys in it that have wallets that say "Bad Mother****er" on it as well.

TUSK
10-27-2014, 09:43 PM
2011 game had some outstanding talent- no doubt. Lots more 1st=3rd round guys....but this year's State-Bammer game has quite a few guys in it that have wallets that say "Bad Mother****er" on it as well.

Nice.

here's my Samuel L look-a-like:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/187/files/2014/09/reggie-ragland-ncaa-football-chick-fil-a-kickoff-game-west-virginia-vs-alabama2.jpg