PDA

View Full Version : Sobiesk

justwin
10-26-2014, 02:55 PM
He's 35/37 on extra points. 4 / 5 on FGs ~ 4/4 on 20-29 yds and has barely missed a 42 yarder.

his 42 yarder barely pulled left. He gives us our best chance to make a FG.

gtowndawg
10-26-2014, 03:12 PM
the two extra points he missed were straight terrible and back to back. While everything else has been down the middle more or less. Happy with him though. He's improved for sure.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 03:12 PM
been saying for a while his numbers last rest looked a lot worse than they really were. I think he's got a chance to be a really solid kicker.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't get why he didn't attempt that FG for us. Not only does he give us the best chance to make it, but he needs the reps so he'll be ready when we have a critical need for him to make a play.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't get why he didn't attempt that FG for us. Not only does he give us the best chance to make it, but he needs the reps so he'll be ready when we have a critical need for him to make a play.

agree. I don't get that call either.

mic
10-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I agree.. Let Sobieski kick all FG going forward..

gtowndawg
10-26-2014, 03:32 PM

If it's 45 yards (the lick) out and we know we are not going to make it, I'd rather Dak line up, drop back and just do a short kick. Try and pin them down on the 10 instead of giving it to them on 30. I know it's only 20 yards, but it's better than a prayer to me.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 03:34 PM
If it's 45 yards (the lick) out and we know we are not going to make it, I'd rather Dak line up, drop back and just do a short kick. Try and pin them down on the 10 instead of giving it to them on 30. I know it's only 20 yards, but it's better than a prayer to me.

he does need to add punting to his resume for the Heisman campaign.

maroonmania
10-26-2014, 03:42 PM

I guess because its required for Mullen to have at least one WTF moment in every game (like the fake punt against Auburn). That decision made LESS than no sense unless Mullen was confused and thought the FG was from 52 yards and not 42.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2014, 03:42 PM

We had a coach punt from the 32 a few years back, which is actually a good football play sometimes, but our fans have never stopped using it as an example of how terrible a coach he was. I saw two other teams punt from inside the 40 yesterday. It happens every week. The idea that we should go for it on 4th and more than 5 from inside the 35 because our kicker can't kick is promoting a very rinky-dink kind of football. Either kick the FG or pin them inside the ten. Only luck will get you the first down there. It's not evidence of your brilliance. "The stars may lie but the numbers seldom do."

HoopsDawg
10-26-2014, 03:48 PM

Let's be honest. He didn't kick it b/c he probably wasn't going to make it. We need to do a better job with our 3rd down play-calling to set up easier 4th down opportunities.

thf24
10-26-2014, 04:18 PM
the two extra points he missed were straight terrible and back to back. While everything else has been down the middle more or less. Happy with him though. He's improved for sure.

Even then, only one of those two horrible extra points was him; one was Graves. His other "miss" was blocked by TAMU.