PDA

View Full Version : Can LSU beat Alabama in two weeks in Death Valley?

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 02:27 PM
I know the immediate thought is "hell no", but hear me out. Alabama is not as good as they have been in year's past. Bama's defense is not as good as Ole Miss's IMO, and LSU ran it on OM. Now granted, Bama has a bigger and more physical front 7, so LSU will not run it as well against Bama, but I think they can move it a little. Most importantly, I think Bama will struggle to move it on LSU. Bama has struggled on the road against WVU, OM, Arkansas, and struggled a little against UT....and Death Valley is going to be much tougher. The Tigahs are going to be riding high, and will be as confident as they were going into our game with them before we crushed their souls.

So I ask, does LSU have any prayer of beating them? Or will their lack of a passing game make it too easy for Saban and Smart to defend and dominate.

msstate7
10-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Heck yes lsu has a chance. Simms will have a tough time in death valley

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Absolutely they can. Those kids at LSU are believing. Jennings will have to play the game of his life...where else have we heard that against Bama and it happened..

msstate7
10-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Even if lsu doesn't win though, I hope they have the same gameplan. I want that game to be as physical as possible and to be decided at the end. I want a beat up bama team after an emotional game

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 02:39 PM
I think it'll be a close game. don't see any reason to think otherwise.

Smitty
10-26-2014, 02:51 PM
LSU seemed to cause a lot of physical pain to the Bears. How much of that is because they are soft little bitches I do not know but if Bama is hurting that helps us.

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Need Bama to lose. We are not getting Alabama's best shot if they have 2 losses and are virtually eliminated from the playoffs.

BulldogBear
10-26-2014, 03:19 PM
There is still hope for them in this scenario:

Alabama beats State and Auburn but loses to LSU.
State loses to Ole Miss and Bama.
Auburn beats Ole Miss but loses to Georgia and Bama.
Ole Miss beats State but loses to Arkansas and Auburn.
LSU wins out.

3 way tie between LSU, Bama, MSU and LSU goes to ATL

TUSK
10-26-2014, 03:45 PM
there's a lot of "right" in this thread, thus far...

If Bammer can jump on LSU early by 10+, the game is over; if not, it's gonna be a bloodbath...

I think Bammer has too many playmakers, tho...

Bama's defense isn't what it was in '11 but it's arguably the best in the country... the O ain't to shabby, either...

I'd still like some more consistency...

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 03:55 PM
LSU wins 6-3

coastdoglover
10-26-2014, 04:03 PM
It may end up close but Simms is a lot better than LSU's qb's. I can't see LSU lining up and just running over Bama. LSU may beat them but they will have to score at least 17 to do it. I sure as hell would love for LSU to beat them but LSU was damn lucky to win last night considering they screwed up so many scoring opportunities.

LSU wins 6-3

dawgoneyall
10-26-2014, 04:13 PM
No.

messageboardsuperhero
10-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Absolutely LSU can win that game in Death Valley.

LSU beat UM with a -3 in the turnover column and out-gained them by about 100 yards.

sleepy dawg
10-26-2014, 04:18 PM
My immediate thought is HELL YES. Alabama will be favored, but not by much. It should be a good matchup.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 04:27 PM
It may end up close but Simms is a lot better than LSU's qb's. I can't see LSU lining up and just running over Bama. LSU may beat them but they will have to score at least 17 to do it. I sure as hell would love for LSU to beat them but LSU was damn lucky to win last night considering they screwed up so many scoring opportunities.

good observation RE: Sims... he's somewhat "under the radar" IMO... he quietly has the best QB rating in the SEC (by a fair amount), the best TD/INT ratio, YPA, and excellent comp% and YPG... he's also among the league's best QB's on the run, too...

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 04:32 PM

honestly this is very much the truth. LSU dominated the game but screwed up SO MANY times, it was a comedy of errors that was so frustrating to watch.
No way they can play anything like that against Bama as Lane kiffin will take full advantage unlike Freeze

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 04:32 PM
good observation RE: Sims... he's somewhat "under the radar" IMO... he quietly has the best QB rating in the SEC (by a fair amount), the best TD/INT ratio, YPA, and excellent comp% and YPG... he's also among the league's best QB's on the run, too...

I didn't realize how good of a runner be was until the last few weeks. the kid can flat out play. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some Heisman talk if he wins at LSU going into the match up against Dak.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 04:39 PM
I didn't realize how good of a runner be was until the last few weeks. the kid can flat out play. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some Heisman talk if he wins at LSU going into the match up against Dak.

And there's a spot that just opened up in the Heisman race as of late last night.**

Ralph
10-26-2014, 05:05 PM
I think you have to give lsu a chance simply bc its in death valley. Not sure if been announced whether at night but certainly wouldn't hurt.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 05:08 PM

He's a RB/ATH... that can throw "ok"... Cooper makes him look good, too...

I compared Blake's numbers to the Heisman front runner:

Chunkin':
Dak --- 60% (7th), 9.00 ypa (2nd), 15/5 ratio (5th*), 157 Rating (2nd), 242 YPG (6th)
Sims -- 66% (3rd), 10.2 ypa (1st), 15/3 ratio (1st), 173 Rating (1st), 254 YPG (5th)

Fleein':
Dak --- 5.35 ypa (4th), 10 TDs (1st), 95 YPG (1st)
Sims -- 5.43 ypa (3rd), 5 TDs (3rd), 31 YPG (2nd)

*-tie

screw it, I'm printin' tha shirts!