PDA

View Full Version : Who saw this season coming?

FlabLoser
10-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Coaches say every year that their goal is a championship. Do they really believe it? Was it different this year?

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I. Seen. It.

PMDawg
10-26-2014, 02:26 PM
I think PreacherMatt called 11-1.

ChevChelios
10-26-2014, 02:49 PM
I did.

I knew we where gonna contend when we signed Dak. I knew as soon as he took over our offense was gonna blow up. Been telling ppl this for the past few years.

Coach 57
10-26-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't know how to do it. But if you go back I called 11-1 in the preseason

hailmari
10-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Danny Kanell.

Smitty
10-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Think many knew we'd be good and more importantly IN every game with a chance to win EVERY game. Question marks based on last year were coaching/personnel decisions which have been for the most part handled extremely well. Finally letting Dak and J-Rob loose.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2014, 04:00 PM
I didn't predict we would compete for a national title, but I did say that we had the team and the schedule, and anything less than ten wins, even though it will only be the second time in our history, would be ho hum.

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Coaches say every year that their goal is a championship. Do they really believe it? Was it different this year?

Mine and Preachermatt's season predictions were both 11-1. The only game I thought would be really tough to win was against Alabama at Alabama. After the way our season has gone, I think we have a shot at them now. Both PreacherMatt and I were called Sunshine Pumpers for our predictions. :)

dawgoneyall
10-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Saw 11-1. But being MSU figured 10-2 is how we would end.

Bama was only sure loss I saw. Now......not so much.

SDDawg
10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
I thought 10 - 2 was the ceiling this year and 8 - 4 was the floor. I expected Bama to be better, Auburn to be a little worse and LSU to be about where they are. Thought OM would be much worse, but there's still time for that. Overall, I'd say I missed it.

dawgs
10-26-2014, 04:53 PM
i thought anything less than 10-2 in the regular season would be a disappointment. the stars aligned that if we stayed healthy with all the turnover at QB going on the in the conference and being one of the most experienced teams in the country, that if we didn't win 10 games this year, we might not ever do it. and imo, once you are a 10 W team, you are a few lucky breaks from being in the national title discussion.

so while i wouldn't say i predicted being ranked #1 for at least 3 weeks and being in the playoff/national title discussion, i was as optimistic of our chances as i've ever been.

Dawgface
10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Not me. I predicted 8-4.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
i said 10-2. with a lose to either lsu or auburn. So we are a game ahead with the other loss being Bama.
Winning at LSU, which was the more likely lose in my opinion being on the road, AND THE WAY we have been winning. Thats what has caused the higher level of excitement.

Even when you believe in something, there can be doubt because of prior results if you are doing something never being done before..

Its been amazing honestly, the way we have won games, short of the ending of LSU, a few minutes in the Auburn game... the season should be one you are sitting back relaxing and enjoying. We havent been in danger of losing any game this year.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 05:06 PM
so while i wouldn't say i predicted being ranked #1 for at least 3 weeks and being in the playoff/national title discussion, i was as optimistic of our chances as i've ever been.

This. honestly when they showed us in the playoff commercials pres-season i kinda laughed to myself, at 10-2 and 11-1 I still felt we had no chance sadly..because we have never been that close in football.

Everyone has ALWAYS said we would win a National Championship in baseball before either of the big 3.

We are on our way though. LOOONNGG ways to go, but unreal to be talking about in present reality... We are in the lead.

Ralph
10-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Not me. I said 9-3.

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Correct Scooba, even in the Kentucky game we were really not in much danger of losing that game. We kept at least a two score game on the UK team most of the day and when they had the ball with a one score game our defense showed up and forced them into three and outs. We played our worst game since UAB and still won by two touchdowns over UK. If we had adjusted to Towles QB draws, we would have blown them out and really shut them down. If we had prepared for UK like we did Marshall, I have a feeling we would have allowed a lot less points. I know he wouldn't have gotten those two rushing TDs and he took off to get crucial third down runs that extended two other TDs as well.

FlabLoser
10-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I guess a better question is who saw us #1 in the nation for a least a few weeks straight and a shot at running the table?

SDDawg
10-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Flab- I haven't seen a single person that predicted that on any board I'm on, nor anyone I know. I'm sure someone did somewhere, but I never ran across it.

Coach34
10-26-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?19000-C34-s-SEC-West-preview-2014&highlight=West+2014

If we lose in TTown, Bammer wins out....State and Auburn both beat Ole Missus...I'll nail the entire West

smootness
10-26-2014, 06:26 PM

This team absolutely believes it, and they believed it before we played a game. Just listen to what Mullen told them before the LSU game. They knew exactly what they had, and they knew nobody was going to be ready for it.

gravedigger
10-26-2014, 06:32 PM
I did. In August. On this board.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 06:37 PM
This team absolutely believes it, and they believed it before we played a game. Just listen to what Mullen told them before the LSU game. They knew exactly what they had, and they knew nobody was going to be ready for it.

I think Dan really believed more than ever, no coach speak this year. Go back to the Hail State highlights video for auburn where there is a clip where he is talking about third practice in 24 hours, "it reminds you, its kinda like if you have to play lsu, auburn, and texas a&m in consecutive weeks,,,WE DO and we have to beat all three of them" He knew the schedule. He knew the task at hand and how big a deal it was and believed we could.