PDA

View Full Version : I bet OM fans loved seeing this come out yesterday regarding their "race issues"

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 01:38 PM
This article probably adds a little salt in the wound to an already shitty weekend for the Johnny Rebs

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/25/358871799/ole-miss-debates-campus-traditions-with-confederate-roots?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2050

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
liberal news media conspiracy.***

Coach34
10-26-2014, 07:47 PM
bump

Jack Lambert
10-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I think we need to change our consitution and our national flag as well. After all those were around when slavery was legal in the United States. Let's remove Grants presidental libarary. He was a slave owner. Our first school President was a Confederate General and has a building bearing his name. Let's change that as well.

Goat Holder
10-26-2014, 09:15 PM
I think we need to change our consitution and our national flag as well. After all those were around when slavery was legal in the United States. Let's remove Grants presidental libarary. He was a slave owner. Our first school President was a Confederate General and has a building bearing his name. Let's change that as well.

Hahaha yep. These guys get so caught up in hating Ole Miss they don't realize the utter stupidity of all this nonsense. That article was garbage.

Bully Dee Williams
10-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I wonder if the guy in the picture found in the linked story still "BOlieves".

bgover4
10-26-2014, 11:28 PM
My guess is they really mean "Bo Leave" but they let powe design the shirt.

Reason2succeed
10-27-2014, 03:07 AM
That was a non-biased article that simply states the facts and opinions on both sides of the argument. They won't be winning any pulitzers off of that though.

BulldogDX55
10-27-2014, 06:48 AM
I had to stop reading when it called Ole Miss the flagship university. Oldest, yes, flagship, hell no

BulldogDX55
10-27-2014, 06:55 AM

Way to turn the thread political Jack! Time to retort your ignorance!

1. We did change the constitution! They're called amendments, and in this case look at the 13th one!

2. We have changed the flag! Look at the number of stars!

3. Grant was a slave owner, but he is also one of the generals most responsible for ending slavery. If we romove his library, it should be for being the worst president ever according to most historians, mostly due to sickening levels of corruption that helped usher in the age of the robber barons.

4. the building name represents what Charles Lee did during his academic tenure, not his military one. The confederacy was dead for about twenty years before the school was even founded. Context and nuance are a thing.

That should get this locked.